1 reply to this topic

#1 ampharoah

ampharoah

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Can anyone help please. I am starting an install on a brand new PC. C drive is SSD and D drive is 2Tb standard drive. Decided to install all FSX stuff on D drive, so created a folder on the D drive called FSX and Installed FSX into it.  FSX Runs fine. Next I installed UTerrainX Europe, it auto found my D:FSX folder, installed itself ok it seemed - Lots of green ticks when I open Ultimate Terrain Setup Tool against 'Validating Installation', Validating Layers and Validating Textures, then says Ultimate terrain is Currently Active. . In the folder D: FSX Scenery I find files like Ut EurGP, UTEurLights etc but when I run any European flight i.e over London, no scenery is visable in FSX at all! When I change my location to USA, I see static non UT scenery, eg no traffic moving etc, but back in Europe, no scenery AT All (ie not even FSX scenery)! When in FSX I select change location, and select the Search add-on scenery radial, then type London, nothing appears in the Search results or Scenery areas boxes.

What am I doing wrong please?

Andrew

#2 ampharoah

ampharoah

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION

When flying in Europe, I get wide flat bands of grey across flat grey/green texture like areas - looks more like a piece of modern art. The controls turn the plane but the scenery is frozen static, no forward or turn movements response visible in the scenery at all, so basically the 'scenery' appears flat and fixed and not scenery at all really. Sometimes what looks like a single point of light shows up amid the 'scenery' too?

Everything is brand new, Windows 7, Pentium i7 PC overclocked, SSD drive and 2Tb normal drive, 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 Graphics Accelerator etc - top spec equipment with only FSX and UTX Europe installed on it, no downloads, tweaks, other software packages of any kind, nothing! FSX is Gold edition with Acceleration installed and works fine when test flying in default scenery in USA.

On forums I read that FSX should not be installed on the same drive as Windows so I installed it on the 2Tb drive. Initially it said "can't install on Root drive", so I created a folder on the D drive called FSX and installed FSX into it. Launches and runs fine. Installed UTXE and it auto found FSX under D:FSX and installed itself. The whole install process seemed fine, three green ticks when I open Ultimate Terrain Setup Tool against 'Validating Installation', Validating Layers and Validating Textures, then says Ultimate terrain is Currently Active with green tick. Can use the tree structure within the management tool fine, shows most things active Road textures, water textures etc one or two not st active. Everything seems fine until I try to specify London (or anywhere else in Europe) as my Free Fly starting point and after loading for 30seconds or so, I get the picture described above. cant understand it! In the FSX folder I created on the D drive I see a Flight 1 Software folder, under which is a UTEurFSX folder, under which is a list of folders - Bgl, IMAGES, LCImages, TEXTURE, Advanced Features pdf, EUR, FeatureList,Product,Terrain List, Texture List, UltimateTerrainX pdf, Uninst and UTSetup. Within FSX itself, under Settings / Scenery Library, the list starts with Priority1 UT FSX Waterclass, 2 UTFSX Object Repositioning, 3 UT Europe Ground Polygons etc down to 12 UT Exclusions For default Scenery.

I have uninstalled UTXE and re-installed again with the same outcome.

HELP!