4 replies to this topic

#1 winner

winner

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Need help learning how to land in flight sim x I get that you have to tune the ILS etc but whenever I do that the aircraft pitches straight up and then stalls and I crash if anyone knows a bunch about landing with the ILS could you please send me a message or reply here if you think you have a simple solution.

#2 Micah

Micah

formerly flyboy_14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

I would start out looking at the Learning Centre Flying Lessons. They use the 172, and that is the best place to figure out how to land. You can work your way up from there..ILS gets quite complicated if you don't have the basic knowledge of a normal landing.

#3 winner

winner

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

I can land the aircraft just not big airliners I just need a solution to why my aircraft pitches up when the approach hold is selected.

Edited by winner, 26 May 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#4 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

What is your airspeed like on final? Do you disengage the autopilot before you land?

#5 Tiger7881

Tiger7881

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Check the flap and speed settings on the fmc and vref, set it to approach. Set the alttitude, capture locolizer under vnav settings, than hold approach for gs. Make sure you have vnav and 3 autopilots on, the rest should be disconnected. What aircraft are you landing?

Also tagged with Flight simulator x, ILS, landing