20 replies to this topic

#1 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:14 AM

Welcome to the monthly FS2004.com video contest.  :o  djtom12 is on vacation so I'll be hosting this month.

The rules are as follows:

-A standard zipped (compressed) file size of 15mb now applies.

-All entries must have a common file extension-.avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv
, etc.

-Editing is allowed in all the contests, unless specified.

-Please ensure the link to your video is valid and not in danger of exceeding bandwidth! This is a very common problem.

-Once you have your entry, PM me the URL, to ensure minimum bandwidth usage, and to avoid cheating. (Applies from July's contest)

If I have forgot something let me know. The contest will be poll only and no replies.

I will be accepting until the 17th. Also please try not to include your forum name in the video. It's fine if you can't take your forum name out.

Edited by TimW, 12 August 2004 - 02:26 AM.

#2 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:24 AM

great, glad to see its up!

sorry mate but i can't take out my name because i've allready got a finished video (well, NEARLY finished :o)

#3 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:25 AM

As I stated it's fine if you can't take it out. :o :o

#4 Dandemonic

Dandemonic

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:39 AM

I would just like to say how much i wanted to enter one of my vids ive made, but because of my lack of knowledge of the net, i STILL have no where to upload my vids to, no- one has been able to help when i posted the question, you all must have some web space that you use for your vids, so i cant understand why the lack of help, all i need is somewhwere to upload my vids so i can link them here, but cant seem to find anywhere that will allow this for free, maybe by postin the problem in here someone may help. we'll see :o

#5 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:45 AM

Dandemonic: I never created a video so I wouldn't have my own web space. Your question is answered right here. http://www.fs2004.co...showtopic=19673

#6 krobatshov

krobatshov

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:45 AM

I can help you.....max. 18 MB:..

#7 Dandemonic

Dandemonic

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:49 AM

WOW such a fast reply, i should post my probs in these threads more often lol, thx guys, i have just gone over every link ofr vids in this forum and found one called supersim.com, and am now signin up, expect a vid soon guys

#8 meat_sim_au

meat_sim_au

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:54 AM

try using supersim.com

i used them and u will c my video soon. its 19.3 mb so unfortunately i can't enter in this contest but i will enter another one in the next comp.

if u r having troubles with uploading to their site (which i have been trying for a long time before it finally worked last night!) do what i did and it should work:

- first register
- go to downloads and log out then back in again first (i might just be supersticious but this is the only way it worked for me.
- go to the bottom of the downloads page and browse your file, put in comment etc.. and let your browser sit for a long time (needless to say). In that small caption at the top of the screen it should say your video has been uploaded, and is being processed.

this post seems real noobish, but as i said this was the only order in which it worked for me.

i your having trouble, PM me or more usefully dolbinau, who refered me there in the first place.

i think simradar.com may let you upload as well, but i've never used them before.

Matt

#9 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:01 AM

so you did use supersim meat sim AU :o...didn't think i recieved a reply..

anyway meat sim, compress you video more (using windows media encode, Divx, Windows Movie Maker etc..) so you can enter it in the contest :o)

do you have a link to it? i don't think i ever got a look..

#10 Dandemonic

Dandemonic

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:59 AM

Right cheers for your advice meat sim, i did it in the order you said, and am now waiting for admin validation, i think however that i may have uploaded my vid about 3 times, before i realised it needed admin validation lol, but im guessin it should be up soon. tx again guys

#11 meat_sim_au

meat_sim_au

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:47 AM

yeah, still waiting on validation of mine too, i completed my video about 6 weeks ago, but with year 12 and a broken hand and such, i haven't got around to it. How long does the validation take? do i recieve an email?

also to dolbinau, this was the highest compression i could get, but for my next vid I'll use a better program (Dr DiVX perhaps) rather than the free-ware trial versions that either advertise all over the screen or just do a real bad job.

my compression on this one isn't bad, but it will make your eyes bleed a bit, even though it is at about 720X550 or whatever it is.

can't wait to show it to everyone, expect to c it in the next 24 hours hopefully (fingers crossed :o)

#12 Dandemonic

Dandemonic

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:37 AM

As far as validation goes, ive only just signed up today, but i notice, that the last vid was upped on the 8th

#13 Tom.D

Tom.D

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:52 AM

Its probably a good idea you host Tim and not me, im going away right now and won't be bac ktill Sunday.  So i won't have enough time for a video. :o O wel, good luck everyone!

#14 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:26 PM

meat_sim_au, on Aug 12 2004, 11:47 PM, said:

yeah, still waiting on validation of mine too, i completed my video about 6 weeks ago, but with year 12 and a broken hand and such, i haven't got around to it. How long does the validation take? do i recieve an email?

also to dolbinau, this was the highest compression i could get, but for my next vid I'll use a better program (Dr DiVX perhaps) rather than the free-ware trial versions that either advertise all over the screen or just do a real bad job.

my compression on this one isn't bad, but it will make your eyes bleed a bit, even though it is at about 720X550 or whatever it is.

can't wait to show it to everyone, expect to c it in the next 24 hours hopefully (fingers crossed :o)
with Windows Movie Maker 2 and Dr. Divx you can select a file size to work around (however the quality will decend).

In windows Movie maker 2 press "Show more types" [or something], when you compress/save and you should be right from there..

#15 meat_sim_au

meat_sim_au

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:04 AM

will do, thanx dolbinau.

I don't have XP unfortunately (which for the moment means no Windows movie maker, no PMDG 737, and no random registry crashes, about the only good thing lol).

we have XP on my dad's pc, so i might just edit them there.

can't wait to c the August movies guys!

#16 B737

B737

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:11 AM

If anyone needs their video uploaded please pm and i will upload it for you.

#17 nevokl

nevokl

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:10 AM

what is the prize for the winner?

#18 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:33 AM

There is currently no prize in the video contest. The prize is only available in the screenshot contest.

Edited by TimW, 13 August 2004 - 02:34 AM.

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:10 PM

Hello

I am Jan-Paul webmaster of supersim and also of supersim.com/flightsim . It is very nice to see that people are using my site. The uploading can take a some time because I have my own server but it is not super fast. So please be patient.

can't wait to show it to everyone, expect to c it in the next 24 hours hopefully (fingers crossed smile.gif)

Hello meat_sim_au, I will anwser you questions. The validation self doesn't take long. But because I live in the Netherlands I am active at other times than you. I check the site every day for new files and will validate them. But if I am on vacation it can take some longer. You don't recieve a e-mail at the moment but i am working on that. I hope that I have anwser al your questions, if not you can mail me at webmaster@supersim.com

Jan-Paul

#20 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:01 AM

Welcome to the forums Jan-Paul. Why don't you sign up and join the community?

Two more days until I stop accepting entries so send them in.