Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

I7930 @ 3.0ghz
6GB Corsair DDR3
AMD 7870 @ 1ghz

Folks, I orig was going to purchase Prepar3d V2 mainly for the potential performance increases, I got worried after I waited for a day and saw mixed reviews coming in.  I however bit the bullet and dug out 60 bucks for another version of Prepar3d.  I can say at this point after using the simulator for a few touch and goes at KJFK that I cannot be more satisfied with this vanilla layout.  The frames seem much steadier however I am not using PMDG products, nor REX etc so it remains to be seen.  What I find amazing is the quality of the graphics with out any type of aftermarket add on.  I have included some screenshots below for reference.  They are custom settings with mostly on the higher side of the sliders, again the graphics look incredible and this is a install, start and fly right out of the box, no configuring besides the sliders in the UI which by the way the UI is much improved as well.  I have to say that if you want something that just starts up great from the get go, this is the product to have.  I am hopeful the frames won't be hit too hard with a few products I plan to add as compatibility becomes avail.  Please please consider this product.  As for the Prepar3d team, you have my flight simulator interest locked in for life, thank you and thank you again!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by fsxnate, 27 November 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#2 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

Looks awesome! I've been following the impressions of Prepar3D 2.0 over on the AVSIM forums and many people like it.

Do you find anti aliasing from within the program adequate? People are saying that right now, Nvidia Inspector isn't fully working and I am curious as to how MSAA and FXAA alone feels.

#3 FSX_Gamer

FSX_Gamer

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Nice!! Which license did you purchase?

#4 MikeySM

MikeySM

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Id guess by the corner of the screenshots that its the academic license :P

#5 FSX_Gamer

FSX_Gamer

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

I didn't even notice that. Is it legal for me to use P3D?

#6 fsxnate

fsxnate

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on 29 November 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

Looks awesome! I've been following the impressions of Prepar3D 2.0 over on the AVSIM forums and many people like it.

Do you find anti aliasing from within the program adequate? People are saying that right now, Nvidia Inspector isn't fully working and I am curious as to how MSAA and FXAA alone feels.

It's probably not as good as you could get it with Inspector but for me personally I think its perfectly adequate for now.

View PostFSX_Gamer, on 29 November 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

I didn't even notice that. Is it legal for me to use P3D?

The best way I can describe it, because this hung me up as well........I've read you can have the software anywhere, house, school, wherever.  It's how you use it that is the problem, I use it as a simulator, this is not a game or entertainment product and I would never use it as such therefore I believe that complies with the EULA they have put out.

Edited by fsxnate, 29 November 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#7 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

I've been out of the loop for a couple years. Looks (besides improvements) almost exactly like FSX. I suppose goes without saying considering it's based on the same codebase?
Anyway, since Flight canned and X-Plane not having as many add-ons as FSX (yet?). I'm getting to understand that Prepar3D might become the next defacto simulator ?