#1 FlyThomsenX

FlyThomsenX

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Hello forum,

I've long wanted to return to virtual flying, and I realized that what I needed to get me going again was an aircraft that I could learn to fully use, coupled with an environment that I like to dream of flying in. My search led me to the Tecnam Eaglet and Scotland.

The Eaglet is a fun little plane to fly, with a very well-functioning GPS and a simple autopilot, which serves its purpose very well. And Scotland needs no description. It's a breathtaking backdrop for VFR flights.

My current plan is to fly along (or close to) the coast of Scotland and return to Fife, the airport from which I set out. I'll be saving the exact state of my aircraft after every parking, so that I'm only adjusting time and weather. I'm considering using live weather though, even if it may yet be a bit too challenging for a casual flyer like me.

Here's part 1 of my tour of Scotland: Fife (EGPJ) to Aviemore Feshie (SCO4):

Posted Image

Setting out from Fife Airport Glenrothes, heading west and then north.

Posted Image

Enjoying the view as we're nearing the Highlands.

Posted Image

Leaving civilization, venturing into the deep hills of Scotland.

Posted Image

Laina seems to enjoy the view, although she's never been one to show her feelings much. Or perhaps she's be scared of the huge foggy cloud on our 12?

Posted Image

The weather clears a bit as we approach Aviemore Feshie.

Posted Image

Coming around the river bend, airstrip in sight. Last shot before landing, as I had to disengage the autopilot and put her down by hand.

Posted Image

Safely on the ground, Eaglet tethered down. We weren't the only ones admiring the scenery, as you can see.

(Original screenshots: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII)

I hope you enjoyed the first leg of our tour of Scotland. If you want to, I'll do a follow-up :)

Let's hope the weather holds up!

Happy flying,

- Thomas / FlyThomsenX

PS. I know the thread title should say Fàilte gu Alba, but forum won't let me use the correct accent. Sorry, Scots :D

Also tagged with scotland, alba, vfr, edited, airstrip, landscape, flythomsenx