215 replies to this topic

#61 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

Member since 05.. Still remember all of you chaps, very interesting to see what you've been doing, how far we have all come, and great to see plans for the future as well.

See you around!

#62 coffeebeans

coffeebeans

formerly MrDonovan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Joined in 2005 (almost 10 years, holy cow). Definitely not into flight sims like I was then, or aviation in general. I do think of this site here and again and log in just to make a random post and see who is still here. Hope all the 'old schoolers' (kewlceo, mul., SwitchFX, etc.) are doing well! Definitely had a lot of fun on this site. Also can remember when this forum looked nothing like it does today!

View PostChief_Bean, on 04 February 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

I joined over 8 years ago...crazy.

Sorry for the double post but I totally remember you, and still have you on my Xbox Live account as CrispierDuck! Still laugh at that name to this day :lol:!

#63 Chief_Bean

Chief_Bean

Cruising at FL150

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

View Postcoffeebeans, on 08 April 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

Sorry for the double post but I totally remember you, and still have you on my Xbox Live account as CrispierDuck! Still laugh at that name to this day :lol:!
Haha, yeah...I wish I could take credit for that, but it was the Xbox random name generator :(

#64 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

You still use that name too. :lol:

Hi Donny... Are you a chef yet or still working your way up?

#65 HighFlyin

HighFlyin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Whoa these forums are beyond dead. Off topic has been reduced to one page, and non-sense down to a few topics.

#66 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostHighFlyin, on 10 April 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Whoa these forums are beyond dead. Off topic has been reduced to one page, and non-sense down to a few topics.

Yeah the default view only shows topics replied to within one month I think... maybe it should be increased because now most topics aren't immediately visible.

#67 Montie

Montie

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

It sure has gone quiet on the forum. I really enjoyed the Off Topic forum in the old days, as well as the screenshots forum could have 20 (or more) new topics every day.

#68 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

View PostMontie, on 12 April 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

as well as the screenshots forum could have 20 (or more) new topics every day.

I think Aharon still posts there. :wacko:

Edited by Independence76, 13 April 2014 - 01:36 AM.

#69 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

I come here like 3-4 times a year.

I haven't played a computer game for ~2 years now, let alone FS.  Still have some interest in aviation though.

Funny how I'm only in touch with John (Indy76) regularly.  We used to hate each other back in those days :lol:

#70 Zak. . .

Zak. . .

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:50 PM

heya gang

#71 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

I miss Ed. I sent him a message on Reddit a long time ago and we had a brief discussion. Then he up and deleted his account a while back. Never seen someone purposefully drop off the grid like that.

#72 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on 16 April 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

I miss Ed. I sent him a message on Reddit a long time ago and we had a brief discussion. Then he up and deleted his account a while back. Never seen someone purposefully drop off the grid like that.

I think I still have him as a friend on Steam. He is the admin of the Steam FSW community group.

#73 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

I've for some reason just popped on to say hi, haha.. Had some good times on here!

#74 Max.

Max.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

Nice to see you pal. Hope you and the baby are all good!

#75 learjet45dream

learjet45dream

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

This would be the first thing I see after popping by for the first time in a long time!

Still browsing occasionally. Been around since June 2007. It's crazy how time flies. I joined this website when I was 13 and I'm 20 now... Holy son of a sandwich!

#76 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

I was thinking of you the other week, Adam. How's the boy? 2 already, right?

I was going to make a WC thread next month, but seeing as the forum is less active than it was in 2010, I'll forgo the thread. I'll probably post on TFF. I think Mo still posts there and that weird Russian kid who loved monkeys... Looking back, I'm somewhat glad Brad turned down my offer to buy the site off him and Jon.

I really miss the flame-wars. Strange saying that, but I really enjoyed it when some people became so irate that fueds would go on for days. Very entertaining, much more so than Masterpiece Theatere.

Edited by SwitchFX, 09 May 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#77 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on 20 April 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

I think I still have him as a friend on Steam. He is the admin of the Steam FSW community group.
Which I'm a member of, I believe. He's a good kid, though I shouldn't call him that. I think he's 20 or 21 at this point.

From the last few exchanges I had with him over the last few years is he lessened his posting around the time Indy's "big news" surfaced. I'd made a comment in passing and he made a strange remark. Between him being a young member on here and into his first year of college, he turned into what I thought was a  really strange person.

I never bothered to probe because it wasn't my business. Just strange to see someone who's normally happy become aloof. Though I'm sure he just got tired of aviation and wanted to focus on his future. I'm sure he's doing fine and is successful.

I really wish I hadn't gone to bed at 9... Off to find the magical sleeping pills. I'll check in next month to reply. G'night.

Edited by SwitchFX, 09 May 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#78 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:57 AM

Thanks Max/Switch.. Two little ones now! (3 & 1) how time flies!

#79 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on 09 May 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Which I'm a member of, I believe. He's a good kid, though I shouldn't call him that. I think he's 20 or 21 at this point.

From the last few exchanges I had with him over the last few years is he lessened his posting around the time Indy's "big news" surfaced. I'd made a comment in passing and he made a strange remark. Between him being a young member on here and into his first year of college, he turned into what I thought was a  really strange person.

I never bothered to probe because it wasn't my business. Just strange to see someone who's normally happy become aloof. Though I'm sure he just got tired of aviation and wanted to focus on his future. I'm sure he's doing fine and is successful.

I really wish I hadn't gone to bed at 9... Off to find the magical sleeping pills. I'll check in next month to reply. G'night.

I wonder if he is still using Big Bertha. :P

#80 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

welp, I just finished my second year of college. So there's that.