No replies to this topic

#1 bfreak

bfreak

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

I'm just looking to see if any simulator heads would be interested in the product, but I don't want to break forum rules or annoy anyone, so is there somewhere specific I should take this post? I'm looking to get my product to market as a far better priced alternative to TrackIR. Whilst TrackIR cost nearly 200£ for a full setup, the TrackHat costs only 25£ and may already work with a webcam you have.

Here is the etsy page

and here is a video with in FSX

Here is a short demo using one of my hats in WarThunder

Posted Image

At the moment, they are made to order, and I'm only selling them in the UK. I asked around about the idea a few days ago, and the reaction was mostly good, so I thought, what the ######, lets make it happen!

I make this on my own one at a time, testing them to make sure everything works from start to finish.

I followed the basic design principle that many freetrack users have followed, and then worked on a few different designs to turn it into a reliable and sleek unit, so it feels less homemade, and a little more dependable.

Before buying one, please make sure that your webcam either doesn't have an infrared filter, or that you can remove it easily. Alternatively, you can pick up a cheap PS3 eye from Amazon for less than 10£, which works very very well with infrared tracking.

Also, before you consider buying one of my hats, have a good look at the FreeTrack website, including the self-building guide, and think about maybe making one yourself! Although, if you don't have a soldering iron, a voltmeter, spare wire, IR LEDs and a steady hand, it can be quite timely, and generally more expensive overall.

My goal here was to make the hat less expensive than if you were to go out and buy all the necessary equipment to make one yourself, I then also factored in the amount of time it would take me to make each one, and settled on a price that hopefully you might find fair. If not, let me know!

Feel free to ask me any questions in this thread, on the etsy page or through a personal message.

Also tagged with hardware, freetrack, trackir, headtracking, immersive