66 replies to this topic

#1 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:49 AM

Have neglected to visit this forum in the last few years, so decided to check on, it's gone derelict? What happened?

#2 Max.

Max.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:18 AM

Good question. People who simmed here seem to not sim anymore.

#3 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

Sadly it does seem to be mostly abandoned. :(  Fortunately, the hobby of flight simming is still living on without FSW, other forums such as AVSIM, flightsim.com, etc, are still very active.

#4 MattGarner

MattGarner

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

Pretty much dead this place and people have abandoned it. The flight sim community in general is still active and strong and you can find them over at other forums such as AVSIM and ###### even the flight sim sub-reddit is popular.

Problem is sites like this you need an active admin/staff team and this place doesn't have it and hasn't had it for a long time.

#5 world travel pilot

world travel pilot

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hey! This is SNbrussels. For some reason my username has changed... and so I had to request a new password. No idea why I can no longer associate to my old posts as SN? I just had a bit of a nostalgic trip going through this site. Too bad that becoming a real adult has meant less simming. Anyways... I'll check in now and then. Assuming this account doesn't change names inexplicably too. P.S. any ideas on how I can access my original account are welcome :P

Edited by world travel pilot, 07 October 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#6 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:49 AM

AVSIM's community is quite strong and helpful now. There's the independent payware modelers too. I've got kids now. I don't exactly have time to sit in front of a computer. It was great while it lasted.

#7 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:50 AM

Or sleep for that matter. I've forgotten what 8 hours of sleep was like.

#8 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on 09 October 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

AVSIM's community is quite strong and helpful now. There's the independent payware modelers too. I've got kids now. I don't exactly have time to sit in front of a computer. It was great while it lasted.

Oh God. You reproduced?!

:thumbsupguy:

Mannnnn this little emoticons bring back the memories. I loved this little guy :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

#9 Jetset

Jetset

Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

I lost interest trying to keep FSX stable. Then came Flight and I really thought that could have become something only for it to be abandoned about 3 months later:/
Having said that, after seeing the new Star Wars Battlefront trailer, I've just recently built a new rig and subsequently my gaming enthusiasm has been rejuvenated with the likes of GTA V and the Battlefront Beta (that was fun) :)
Now I'm looking at whether to reinstall FSX and hope for the best or bite the bullet and go P3Dv3.

#10 Tim.

Tim.

Aviation Hotshot Dec-Feb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:10 AM

View PostJetset, on 14 October 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

I lost interest trying to keep FSX stable. Then came Flight and I really thought that could have become something only for it to be abandoned about 3 months later:/
Having said that, after seeing the new Star Wars Battlefront trailer, I've just recently built a new rig and subsequently my gaming enthusiasm has been rejuvenated with the likes of GTA V and the Battlefront Beta (that was fun) :)
Now I'm looking at whether to reinstall FSX and hope for the best or bite the bullet and go P3Dv3.
I tried P3D v2.4 and it's quite good. I've heard good things about v3 and I think it will only get better.

Over the last year I got back into flight sim but have recently lost interested (thanks IVAO and all your ######) and I mostly play Counterstrike Global Offensive. I tried the Battlefront beta and the graphics are lovely (the snow!).

#11 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:30 AM

View PostPrash, on 13 October 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Oh God. You reproduced?!

:thumbsupguy:

Mannnnn this little emoticons bring back the memories. I loved this little guy :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Yep. Had twins in the summer. They don't cry much, save for a short bout of colic with one that would set off the other. Or if the weather fluctuates a lot. Too cold, they cry. Too warm, they cry. I read to them when I can. I'm of the party that believe kids are capable of processing some information but don't have the ability to speak. Plus, it gives me an excuse to read kids' books. Not really going to read any of my assassin books to the kids.

View PostJetset, on 14 October 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

War Thunder is what I dabbled with last year but quickly lost interest. Mostly because I was terrible at it. There's been whisperings of new WWII FPS games on the horizon made by the big studios, but that'll be far from now. Read good stuff about P3D, but 50-50 on the bug resolutions.

For all I care, MS can go shove their head up their ###### and croak. When a bunch of dumb ###### run a company, they get rid of all the good things.

Edited by SwitchFX, 18 October 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#12 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:31 AM

Wow people are still here.  It was over 10 years ago when I first used this forum, the days when a thread could get to 50 pages in a few hours.

#13 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:36 AM

Oh dear

Posted Image

#14 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:07 PM

Wow.

#15 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

Really sucks that is place is dead. This was my go to place back in the day...

#16 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:17 AM

POPULAR

Don't say "dead" in the presence of an old person.  :mad:

Just a quick update:

1.  I kicked prostate cancer's butt!  The adventure began with a 5.72 PSA.  Went for the radiated seed implants and, 18 months after the surgery, 1.26 PSA.  It's gone.

2.  Fired up both FSX and FS9 again; have started on three new designs.  (Gotta finish up the new website, too.)

3.  Have two aneurysms -- one abdominal aorta just above the branching into the femoral arteries, one thoracic aorta just behind the heart.  Received cardiac clear Thursday, good to go for stints both locations.

Bit of advice if you're under 40.  Stay as young as you can, as long as you can.  Getting old SUCKS!!!!!  :thumbdown:  If you're over 40, welcome to the rat race; the rats are winning.

Edited by IBtheSarge, 25 October 2015 - 03:31 AM.

#17 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:21 PM

So how about that Obamacare, guys? Eh?

*jokes*

I kinda miss this place sometimes. Really was part of my Internet world for a long time.

#18 Chief NWA

Chief NWA

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

First time I've logged in here in years. Incredible how slow this has gotten. Just got back in to simming actually, albeit not as much as I use to. Real life (college, full time finance job, traveling) all have taken priority now. P3DV3 is actually very well rounded, much easier to install that and go compared to having to tweak FSX tirelessly. Maybe one day if P3D gets big enough this site will become more active again!

Edit - And for the record, that 13" macbook listed below just recently got stolen at SFO. Guess I got a decent value out of it.

Edited by Chief NWA, 27 October 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#19 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:09 PM

Forums in general are dead.

#20 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:40 PM

I just got hit by a nostalgia wave watching Concorde videos on youtube and thought I would see how the forums are looking these days. So much fun was had! I live in Scotland now...no Flight Sim here for me :(

You know what's funny, I feel like I know all you guys. Shame our community disappeared!

Edited by Brandon-M, 01 November 2015 - 06:42 PM.