#21 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:58 PM

POPULAR

Whoa - where'd all of you come from all of a sudden!  Sarge, all I have to say is AWESOME!!  I've wondered over the years how your fight was going - thanks for stopping in!  And Switch, :pointnlaf:  oh how the next generation pays the previous back in such insidious ways sometimes.  So get ready! ;)  Nah, congrats - kids will make you a better man every time.

Hi to the rest of you too - I honestly have fond memories of everyone who's posted.  And thanks for fighting the good fight, Jetset!  Jon and I have busy lives too and FSW suffered/suffers as a result - we're well aware.  But hey, priorities and all.  Still, we can't seem to let go so here it still is.  One of these days maybe we'll pull a Sarge, retire, and get back to the fun of it all. :capt:

Take care folks - great to hear from all of you!

#22 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:15 AM

Huh....I remember you people.

Work as an air traffic controller at an ARTCC now (well, as a trainee still) so the last thing I want to do when I get home from work and have free time is do simulated flying on a computer, although I do still do a flight or two every so often. I mostly came here for the off-topic forums though, to be honest. Maybe if Kevin didn't get banned, this place would still be humming with him fighting 75% of the forum. :lol:

#23 kewlceo

kewlceo

Download Manager\Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:58 PM

As Switch said, forums in general are dead these days. Facebook killed forums just like video killed the radio star. Also, everything else said in this thread.

In any case, good to see familiar faces, er, avatars anyway.

Cheers mates,
Rick

#24 Iain_

Iain_

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:09 AM

I've checked the forum once or twice in the past year, just to see if any regulars ever came back. Now there's a whole reunion thread!

Great to see all these names again!

#25 Mumbles

Mumbles

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:47 AM

View Postpyruvate, on 22 October 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

Oh dear

Posted Image

This is exactly why I logged in. I wasn't sure if it was a glitch because I was logged out.

View PostJetset, on 14 October 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

I lost interest trying to keep FSX stable. Then came Flight and I really thought that could have become something only for it to be abandoned about 3 months later:/
Having said that, after seeing the new Star Wars Battlefront trailer, I've just recently built a new rig and subsequently my gaming enthusiasm has been rejuvenated with the likes of GTA V and the Battlefront Beta (that was fun) :)
Now I'm looking at whether to reinstall FSX and hope for the best or bite the bullet and go P3Dv3.

If you were sick of trying to keep FSX stable I'd say go for P3D V3, it's fully DX11 and they fixed the nagging VAS issue we have had to put up with in FSX.

It's a shame FSW has died off. I remember jumping on here all the time, it was one of my top sites.

#26 umk747

umk747

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:08 AM

I definitely pop back here from time to time. I think I was probably most active around 2007 - It's nice to see a lot of recognisable names from back then. Like most, I got busy with different priorities in life. Also once I started using real fixed based sims, going back wasn't quite the same! Hope you're all well!

Kind regards,
umk747

#27 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

Forums are so pre-2012. Now, it's all Reddit, Facebook, Reddit....Reddit. I still peek into FSX now and then. But..with DCS World expanding like crazy, Elite Dangerous, and Fallout 4, who has time?

#28 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:17 AM

Thank you, Brad. It's been less touch and go lately. Think we'll be fine until you know, they become preteens and the teenage angst to follow. :) God help me then. I got about 17 hours of sleep on Friday-Saturday while nursing a terrible stomach ache. As far as forums go, it's a combination of Facebook and sites like Reddit that took traffic away from sites like this. If you can wade through the garbage self-entitled and SJW BS, then it's golden. I have no interest in simming at this point, as if I had time between work and home. Anyway, PDW is great but it costs a lot and you still get slapped across the face with the buy in cost for hardware. I can't justify spending a few grand to get 10 more FPS on a ###### game. But yeah, decent memories. Saw a cop on a horse the other day while shopping for Thanksgiving and thought back to Erin. I think that was his name.

On the bright side, board games are making a come back. Just gotta wait a few years. Or more since everything's a choking hazard.

Edit: Who the heck is Kevin? Was it Toshiba?

Edited by SwitchFX, 02 December 2015 - 04:28 AM.

#29 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

Board games are not making a comeback - you're just getting old! Welcome! :thumbup:

#30 Iain_

Iain_

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:16 PM

My focus has very much changed to real world aviation. The frame rates are better.

#31 Folgers

Folgers

formerly Douglas Buis

• Members
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:08 AM

I miss this place a lot.  I still mess with FSX and Xplane 10 once in a while, but like most, I'm really stuck into Fallout 4, Kerbal Space Program, and the other daunting list of games I've had on steam I haven't even played in the years I've owned them.  That and working off a lot of medical debt doesn't leave a whole lot of time for much else, which always happens right when I decide to resume taking flight lessons again which puts them on hold for another year..

Hope everyone is doing well.

#32 Invisiblemoose

Invisiblemoose

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:29 PM

Wow this really did become a reunion thread. Really nice to see these names again.

I haven't simmed in ages unfortunately... though I'm working in aviation now, dispatching for a regional airline.

#33 Vallen.J

Vallen.J

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

Chief NWA, ALASKA, SWITCH!!! And MOOSE You guys are still here?? I don't even remember if you guys remember me. On FS Multiplayer CarbonX I think it was...

Edited by Vallen.J, 10 December 2015 - 07:44 PM.

#34 Kentaro

Kentaro

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:52 PM

suh dude

#35 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

I do remember this place vividly well. It's got many memories, some bad, some good and was part of growing up.   I think for most of us, joining just after FSX came out (Some 10 years ago now) was when this place was at it's busiest and best, I guess the product life-cycle has evolved and whilst the flight sim community is still at large, it's not as big as what it was.   This is partly down to the fact there's not been anything major released in the long-running Microsoft Franchise, however this may change with the Dovetail flight Simulator.  Maybe then we will see a new era in FSW.

#36 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

Merry Christmas to all of you but that will not wake all of you up and come back to FSW!!

Posted Image

Regards,

Aharon

#37 tropicalfish

tropicalfish

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

Yo guys

#38 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

@switch-- kevin was thebatman.

Anyway, I kinda gave up on airplanes. Still like them, and I still wanna become a private pilot one day. But I'm a practicing journalist these days. Like here: http://qz.com/477021...and-cant-leave/

I like bikes, and am a pretty #dam good racer too.

Edited by Alaska_MD-83, 28 December 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#39 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostSwitchFX, on 02 December 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

Thank you, Brad. It's been less touch and go lately. Think we'll be fine until you know, they become preteens and the teenage angst to follow. :) God help me then. I got about 17 hours of sleep on Friday-Saturday while nursing a terrible stomach ache. As far as forums go, it's a combination of Facebook and sites like Reddit that took traffic away from sites like this. If you can wade through the garbage self-entitled and SJW BS, then it's golden. I have no interest in simming at this point, as if I had time between work and home. Anyway, PDW is great but it costs a lot and you still get slapped across the face with the buy in cost for hardware. I can't justify spending a few grand to get 10 more FPS on a ###### game. But yeah, decent memories. Saw a cop on a horse the other day while shopping for Thanksgiving and thought back to Erin. I think that was his name.

On the bright side, board games are making a come back. Just gotta wait a few years. Or more since everything's a choking hazard.

Edit: Who the heck is Kevin? Was it Toshiba?

Yea Kevin was batman, the truck driver.  You'd be surprised to know how normal Toshiba is these days.

#40 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:05 AM

Board games aren't out of style, Brad. I remember very few people and events from the site. I randomly remembered someone called mk a few weeks back. I recalled a conversation where someone wanted to get hair implants using hair from their back.

As technology has progressed, people don't have time for forum replies. They need answers instantly. Aharon will keep the servers warm til the end of time.

View Postpyruvate, on 09 February 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

Yea Kevin was batman, the truck driver.  You'd be surprised to know how normal Toshiba is these days.

I would imagine so considering he was kicked out around 8 years ago now. I don't quite remember Kevin. Hope y'all had a good new years.

Edited by SwitchFX, 10 February 2016 - 02:15 AM.