#1 tobytwo

tobytwo

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:00 AM

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone may have a solution to the issue I am having using a touchscreen in Windows 10 with P3D version 3.3 and certain aircraft switches.

Everything works fine with single touch (which emulates a left mouse click), except switches that require a mouse right click or double tap on the touchscreen.  This right click feature is used on a number of third party aircraft add on virtual cockpits and 2D panels.  P3D seems to disable touchscreen right click (double tap) by design.  I assume this is to prevent accidental opening of the right click context menu. In FSX, the double tap works fine and if you aren't careful with small switches, it often results in opening the context menu rather than manipulating the switch.

As far as I can tell there are two methods to get round this.

1. Overide P3D virtual cockpit touchscreen right click behaviour - I'm guessing this would involve somehow disabling the feature or fooling P3D into thinking your touchscreen was actually a mouse.

2. Enable the 2D cockpit and edit the xml to change the way the switch is manipulated.

I have no idea how to achieve option 1, this would be the best solution as it would allow it to work in any aircraft.

Option 2 is simpler but would need to be changed for every aircraft with this issue.  My xml skills are not great and I am currently trying to get this to work on Nemeth Designs EC-135 helicopter. This is an FSX addon and the 2D panels do not display.  So I need help getting the 2D panels working, then editing the XML to change the switch behaviour.

This appears to be the specific XML code repsonsible:

(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 0 (>L:switch engine 1 rpm control,enum) } (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == if{ (L:switch engine 1 rpm control,enum) 0 == if{ (L:switch engine 1 rpm control cover,bool) ! (>L:switch engine 1 rpm control cover,bool) } } 

Thanks,

Toby

Also tagged with touchscreen, p3d