No replies to this topic

#1 Bzimmer2109

Bzimmer2109

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:02 AM

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction regarding flight simulation.  Let me explain a few things.  I was a long time user of MS FS9.  About 10 years ago, I decided to hang it up because of a number of things.  Most of it was time, family, etc., but a lot of it was frustration with performance and keeping things up to date.  I never joined a virtual airline, but I used to use FS9 as a “virtual commercial pilot” and used to use the add-ons below in conjunction with Fs9

PMDG 737
Level D 767
Vatsim when online
Active Sky
a number of US 3rd party airport add-ons

Those were the primary things I used.  I am sure there were others but those were the main items.

Since I am starting over, I have no idea where to begin.  I’ve seen some videos on YouTube that are with X-Plane and P3D (which I know nothing about).  If anyone can answer these questions, it would be a big help in starting to get back into it.

-   I like to have PMDG and LD level sims in terms of realism.  Are the planes that come with or compatible up to the level of those 2 add-ons with FS9?

o   Are there similar PMDG / LD realistic CRJ’s or ERJ’s available these days?

-   I will be buying a new PC for this.  Since I liked to run things as maxed out as possible, what would be some of the recommended specs or must haves in terms of hardware?  I am a novice when it comes to building my own PC so hopefully there is something out there that wouldn’t need too much tweaking or something that could be built prior to shipment.
-   Is P3D and X-Plane stand alone, separate products?

o   I thought I read that P3D was run in conjunction with MSFS

I think that is about all I can think of now as a starting point.  In terms of add-ons, or other recommended items I can search for these once I get a good starting point.  Thanks again… Sorry if any of this is vague but I am sure much has changed in the last 10 years.

Brad