We are now accepting FSX shots as well as FS2004 shots. Be sure to check out the size restrictions and other rules. The Contest Host, as always, will be the final judge of what qualifies. Let's see how FSX stacks up against the many addons available for FS2004!
Don't forget - submissions must not have already been posted elsewhere on FlightSimWorld.com or the Internet. This is simply because it's impossible to prove that you created a shot when it is readily available at other sites. Also, please remember to upload your shot to FlightSimWorld.com's server - this is to prevent shots from disappearing down the road when we run our Annual Contest, which is a competition between the 12 monthly winning shots.
Want to enter this contest? Here's how.
If your company is interested in sponsoring a contest, please click here.
This is a brainstorming thread to see what kind of theme ideas everyone can come up with for future contests. The really good ones will be pooled together in this post (I will keep it updated as good ones come in), and the winner of each contest will get to choose the next contest's theme from this pool! Let's see what we can come up with!
- Wildcard (No theme - anything goes)
- Commercial Jets
- Time of Day (winner chooses the time of day or night)
- Middle of Nowhere (the last place you would want to run out of gas)
- Old Man Winter (snow must appear in shot, either falling or on the ground)
- City Flying (large city in shot)
- Breathtaking Scenery (your best "ohh-ahh" shot)
- Lightning (must appear in the shot)
- Architecture of the World (famous buildings in shot, nothing too obscure!)
- Propeller-driven Aircraft (Any aircraft that is powered by Props)
- Business Jets
- Takeoff and Landing (your shot must show either a takeoff or a landing!)
- Sunrise / Sunset
- The Moon (moon has to appear in shot)
- Pilot's View (virtual cockpit)
- General Aviation
- Stunts / Aerobatics
- Wing View (looking out over a wing)
- Nature's Fury (anything related to bad weather)
- Bridges (a bridge must appear in your shot)
- Water (water must appear in your shot)
- Strange Places (unusual locations, odd terrain, be creative!)
- My Hometown (everybody visits the previous winner's hometown with the airport in full view for a shot)
- A Spotter's Point of View (Shots you would normally see in real world photography)
- Themes Used in 2008:
- January 2008 - (no contest)
- February 2008 - Nature's Fury
- March 2008 - Wildcard (no theme)
- April 2008 - Wildcard (no theme)
- May 2008 - Freeware Aircraft Only
- June 2008 - Airbus Only
- July 2008 - Boeing 757
- Aug 2008 - (no contest)
- Sept 2008 - Warbirds
- Oct 2008 - (no contest)
- Nov 2008 - Midnight
- Dec 2008 - Helicopters
Themes Used in 2009:
- January 2009 - (No Contest)
- February 2009 - Wing View (looking out over a wing)
- March 2009 - Something Creative (anything goes but it must possess a creative angle)
- April 2009 - Pilot's View (virtual cockpit)
- May 2009 - Wildcard (No theme - anything goes)
- June 2009 - (No Contest)
- July 2009 - (No Contest)
- Aug 2009 - (No Contest)
- Sept 2009 - ????
- Oct 2009 -
- Nov 2009 -
- Dec 2009 -
Edited by TND4NOS, 14 September 2009 - 10:09 PM.