#101 Bradley

Bradley

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:26 AM

I don't know which FS9.cfg to edit!

There are two files one in the notepad form and one in the typical cfg type that you would find in an aircraft files along with textures, panels and sound folders

Edited by Bradley, 19 April 2008 - 05:33 AM.

#102 Battle_Penguin

Battle_Penguin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:49 PM

Where is the FS9.Cfg, Idk is it in the main fs9 folder because i actually have fs2000.cfg in there lol!! :hrmm:

#103 Ainsleh

Ainsleh

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

View PostTotalAir777, on Dec 1 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

Where is the FS9.Cfg, Idk is it in the main fs9 folder because i actually have fs2000.cfg in there lol!! :hrmm:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9

#104 anidog

anidog

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

don't know if this is where I post this, but can anyone tell me if there is a way to place you aircraft on the ramp instead of in the middle of an active runway or a wrong runway and have to move off & go to the active the controller advises?? Thank You.   Anidog   Oh. p.s.  In FS 2004

#105 met-badr

met-badr

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hi

This is the first time in this forum.

I am running the fs9, and evrything was ok. Sudnlly all the aircrafts stal when they reach 5000 ft befor the dicided altitud from ATC. this problem happen when i fly IFR not when i fly VFR. Also this problem happen with all the aircrafts exept the C4-SST its ok.
Can any one help?

Thank you very much.

#106 Knight01

Knight01

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

Could you explain your problem more clearly? It sounds very confusing. :hrmm:

#107 met-badr

met-badr

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

hi
My problem is

for ex if i got altitude 30000 ft form the tower the aircraft stal on altitude 25000 ft. and this happend for all the aircrafts exept the C4-sst.

thanks

#108 met-badr

met-badr

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

hi,
I am running fs9, and the problem is through the climbing i have the AP on.the aircraft (all of them) they start and go till 40 degre bich up and then stall. and i can not control the aircraft even manualy. and then its stall. this is began 2 weeks later and befor that evry thing was ok.

Any body can help me pls. and whats is the problem.

sorry for my bad english.

thanks

#109 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

I thought I might contribute a little to this:

Windows 7 users, your FS9.CFG is located at: C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FS9

To access here, you'll need to enable hidden files and folders. To do this, open Windows Explorer, click Organize, then click Folder and Search Options. Switch over to the View tab, and put a checkmark on Show hidden files, folders, and drives . :hrmm:

Edited by pwn247, 21 March 2009 - 11:17 AM.

#110 Airboom

Airboom

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

After installing the Environment Professional addon on the same program folder as FSX it displays me: unable to find FSX installed on this PC.
Has it ever happened to you?

#111 danydj718

danydj718

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

A great tutorial to improve FS9, thank you very much!

But how can I change the "water draw distance"? I don't know how to get rid of this tile effect. It's not really a problem in the terrain, but it looks horrible when cruising on FL330 and looking around when you're over the Mediterranean Sea.

Regards

#112 B3Burner

B3Burner

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:01 AM

I'll echo what everyone else has said about Mango's fs9.cfg text alteration guide:  Excellent!

I have some ideas of additional tweaks I'd like to do, but don't know if it's possible.

The red flight status numbers in the upper left corner when you hit [SHIFT] + [Z]:  

1)  Is there a way to have it display altitude as both AGL and MSL simultaneously?

2)  Can I change the compass heading so it reads in 'true' degrees instead of 'magnetic' degrees?

Thanks,

--  John

#113 gary lauderdale

gary lauderdale

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:02 AM

Alot of the links in the tutorial are now missing?  :hrmm:

#114 dubuque

dubuque

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

if you want to get the water ripple effect like what was in fs 2002 just set terrain detail to max and water detail to none this is a small glitch i found while messing around with my settings

#115 leahsguide

leahsguide

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

you can free hand rotate the aircraft in the slect an aircraft mode by hitting ALT + ENTER

#116 CAT19_Hitman

CAT19_Hitman

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,970 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Postanidog, on Dec 16 2008, 10:48 PM, said:

don't know if this is where I post this, but can anyone tell me if there is a way to place you aircraft on the ramp instead of in the middle of an active runway or a wrong runway and have to move off & go to the active the controller advises?? Thank You.   Anidog   Oh. p.s.  In FS 2004

When you are on the "select a flight" screen, click "change" under "selected location". Choose your airport and then look down at the bottom left where it says "runway/starting position". Use the drop down box under that to choose where you want your aircraft to start.

View Postdanydj718, on Apr 17 2010, 06:30 AM, said:

A great tutorial to improve FS9, thank you very much!

But how can I change the "water draw distance"? I don't know how to get rid of this tile effect. It's not really a problem in the terrain, but it looks horrible when cruising on FL330 and looking around when you're over the Mediterranean Sea.

Regards

Go into the settings and click on the weather tab. Lower your site distance to 60 miles.

#117 tnw

tnw

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:49 AM

NEW  .CFG TWEAK

I have written a brand new FS9 CFG file entry
WARNING  This can have a frame rate hit on low spec PC’s
(Slow Graphics cards seem to suffer the worst?)
If used with the other settings can improve the graphics of FS2004 by a minimum factor of X2  by scaling the Terrain by a factor of x2. Also works in FSX   (still testing in FSX) and first results seem good

Listed under  [TERRAIN]
[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_TEXTURES_scale=2.0    /// increases the texture detail by a factor of  x2
TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000

I have tested this on my gamng PC and my two working/development PCs and has been sent round my beta testers, the results vaired but all reported a crisper clearer rendering a few noted better frame rates

Visit my web site for further info    http://biggles11.wix...e-natural-world
or Email     biggles11@btinternet.com

Howard