#1 royisher

royisher

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:30 AM

Hey Guys,

Well, not trying to take over Techno dude Tutorials, but I decided to make my own, I hope someone will care :o :D

You may find here What AI Aircraft groups there are out there, Where to find their sites, and more, plus how to Install FlightPlans, where to find, and how to install the Manual way, and Some short sentence about Russian AI at the end :)

I hope you'll benefit from this, and let me know if you need any extra help or anything.

Jon/Brad - I would love if this gets Pinned, thanks.

Here we go:

AI Tutorial –

Aircrafts -

For aircraft, You have 7 choices which are ProjectAI, AI Aardvark, FSPainter, TU, Dee Waldorn, CDAI and FMAI Aircraft.

I do not recommend using the PAI models since neither their models nor paints are too good.
I would recommend using AIA, FSP, TU, Dee Waldorn, CDAI and FMAI.

Lets start with AI Aardvark; www.ai-aardvark.com is the AIA Site.

AIA is the best AI Model Designer in my opinion; their models are great, and paints are fantastic.
A Real plus at AIA is that all their available paints are already listed on their site so you won't have to search everywhere for their paints.
To install AIA is quite simple; it's just like your installing normal aircraft into the Aircraft folder. After downloading an aircraft pack, you simply extract It into your Aircraft folder, and done.

FSPainter are Professional at Airbus and their models and most of their paints are available at Avsim and FlightSim. Installing them is the same as AIA.
Their current website (which has changed many times) which I hope it'll last, is: http://hiro.fem.jp/framemenu.html
FSPainter's models are also great, and there are great paints around =)

TU Mainly has the 73NG Series, again, with Fantastic paints out there. The models are great and the V2 is very nice. Again, the installation is exactly the same as any other.
TU's site - http://www.cam.hi-ho...wa-t/index2.htm

Dee Waldorn is mainly for GA's, and Small Jets, You can get their models and paints at Avsim, and the website is http://81.208.92.5/0...ects/index.html

CDAI Has mainly Small Jets, CRJ, ERJ and B1900D, recently they brought out their DC10, very nice job. They have also a L1011, which is great.
Their models can be found at Avsim, same for paints.

FMAI is Fernando Martinez , Great modeler, he did the Fokker 70/100 and 28, and lately the great BAe 146…
May also be found at Avsim, same goes for textures.

Lists of great Texture sites:
Brandon's Repaint Dump - http://www.solarix.org/repaints/
Vayashi's Homepage - http://homepage3.nif...ashi/index.html
FSRepaints, Fantastic Site! - http://www.fsrepaints.de/
Vimac, Great Site with many paints - www.aitraffic.org
Many more sites out there, just look

FlightPlans –

For FlightPlans there is ProjectAI, MRAI, FSTG and PAI Library. You will also need TTools for compiling the FlightPlans.

For FP's, I wouldn't recommend PAI either, since their FP's aren't very accurate. But hey, your choice, for PAI, there is also another Tutorial in this forum. I'm not trying to Bash PAI, but that only my thinking.

MRAI– Most Realistic AI, great FP's Developers, very Accurate !
Their site - http://www.mostrealisticai.com/

For their FP's, there is a  very nice installer, where you choose the Zip file of the FP's, and then you simply Assign the Aircrafts (After installing them) and that it , your done, ready for install.

You'll have to get TTools, most important, get it off Avsim, Author is Lee Swordy.

Don't forget that you will have to install the Aircrafts First, and then install the FP's.

FSTG – Another very nice FP's Creator, Not much to say, they use the MRAI Installer, and you can get them at - http://www.fstg.org/

Boris Cargo FP's – Best place for Cargo FP's, Again, uses the MRAI Installer, very easy to use, get it at www.fs-alliance.org

Ok, at the PAI Library, there are many freelancers Schedules, which are mostly great, you can get Charter FP's, Some FP's you might won't be able to get at other places, you should go there, go to ProjectAI site, and then hit library, and just search!
For this you'll have to use TTools, alone.

What you do is, you usually get a file, which contains one Aircraft area, one Schedule Area and Airports, but not always.

You will have take the Aircraft Text, and put it into a file name, like this:

Aircraft_AIRLINE.txt

Which will contain something like this:

AC#1352,480,"T.U B738 Mutliflight"

AC# = The same AC# you put in front of your FP, For more info, go a little bit down.

The 480 can be anything, that the Aircraft speed, It could be w/e you want, 500, 450, 200, just make it realistic :o lol.

The Quote part need to contain the Aircraft name, Just like It's at your Aircraft.cfg, for example, lets say It's like this at my Aircraft.cfg:

[fltsim.0]
title=AI 733 FFT EI-CHH
sim=aia_737_300
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=FFT\EI-CHH
atc_id=
atc_airline=Frontier Flight
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer=Aardvark
ui_type=Boeing 737-300
ui_variation=Frontier (EI-CHH)
description=AI Aardvark 737-300 repaint by Frank van Brandwijk
atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_parking_codes=FFT

So, you need to take the title= , and put that into the quotes. Only that!!!

And your done with the Aircraft_AIRLINE.txt

Ok, now lets move to the FlightPlans File, the file name should be:

FlightPlans_AIRLINE.txt

You'll just need to copy and paste the part of the Schedule in the file you got with your FP's you downloaded.

It should be something like this:

AC#1352,PR-GLA,1%,24Hr,IFR,11:40,@12:47,370,F,1764,SBSP,13:25,@14:05,330,F,1764,SBGL,14:50,@17:02,370,F,1764,SBRF,17:55,@20:07,350,F,1765,SBGL,21:15,@21:55,350,F,1765,SBSP,22:35,@23:42,350,F,1765,SBPA

Now as you can see, the AC#, like you have in the Aircraft File, should be the same, the Registration is the Registration of the plane, that you'll use, so all good here, and from there you shouldn't have anymore problems.

Now lets move to the final part, the Airports, this file should be Airports_AIRLINE.txt or Airports_FS2004.txt (This can be generated at TTools, by clicking on Collect Airports.)

Well, if you have a airport area in your FP's, so why not using this, those are the airports the airline Serve, so basically, very important heheh :o.
You can use also a Generated FS2004 Airports list, with Collect Airports, this will collect ALL of your FS2004 Airports, and you'll just use that for compiling

After that you just go in FS, and Enjoy your AI.

Don't forget to get good AFCAD's, so the traffic will appear accurately and good

Good AFCAD's may be found at Avsim and PAI AFCAD Area.

For UT Users, as I start as a UT user, That a great start , but then you want better, so you gotta install AIA and FSP and all the others, and then you realize how their FP's aren't accurate , so you install the normal FP's from MRAI and more.

Let me know if you need anymore help, reply to this Thread, if I missed anything, also let me know, and I'll add, and if you don't understand something, also let me know haha B)

Couple of shots of my folders:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A little info about Russian traffic, well, as you know, we all want perfect , but really PERFECT AI, so this is the top of the top, their Tu's and An's, and all the other Russian beasts…
Most of their Models and Paints, can be found at Avsim.ru , that the Russian FS Site, you can Use BabelFish for translation , and also , always, there is SKJ, which creates awesome models, hes site is: http://homepage.ntlw....com/sergs.skj/

Cheers,
Royi

#2 erhard

erhard

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:43 AM

THIS JUST HAS TO GET PINNED

#3 Robin.

Robin.

Contributor\Download Manager\formerly Robin.B

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:10 AM

Very good Royi, excellent work :D

#4 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:17 AM

Nice tutorial there Royi. Off to update more AI.

#5 Chief Wiggum

Chief Wiggum

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:33 AM

Very nice royi! :D

Is there a pack out with realistic models, paints and flight plans? Do I really have to get all aircrafts I want to have as AI?

Also, is the FPS difference big between Ultimate Traffic and this AI?

#6 royisher

royisher

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:35 AM

No, there is no ONE pack of Realistic Models, paint and FP's.

You need to install each alone :D

I'm not sure about FPS, I never had any problem, but I hear It's better :o

#7 erhard

erhard

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:37 AM

how exactly do i install textures

#8 royisher

royisher

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:39 AM

Well, you need the Basepack, and you got info about that in AIA Site.

If you mean FSP, go to Avsim, search under ORIGINAL AIRCRAFTS for FSPainter, and you'll have the base packs, and then you just add enteries to your Aircraft.cfg

#9 erhard

erhard

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:07 PM

sorry if i am anyoing but how exactly and what should i add to my aircrafr.cfg

EDIT never mind i worked it out :o  :o  :D

Edited by erhard, 28 November 2004 - 12:15 PM.

#10 royisher

royisher

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:16 PM

You usally have in the texture files, a Add to Aircraft.cfg or in the readme, you got a small place, and you can use that :D

#11 erhard

erhard

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:30 PM

yes i worked that out but what do i do with textures that don't have anyting in the reasme

#12 Robin.

Robin.

Contributor\Download Manager\formerly Robin.B

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:36 PM

Royi, The master of AI! :D Could you do the Whole FS community a HUGE Favour and Zip all the AI Airlines, aircraft, Flight Plans into one file and upload? :o

Edited by Fssimulator, 28 November 2004 - 12:38 PM.

#13 royisher

royisher

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:38 PM

Yes, find me a place to put 1GB, :D even more.

#14 erhard

erhard

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 01:03 PM

here is some advice to people who don't want to spend 5 hours just instaling planes and flight plans: Staywith UT or Project ai

for all the other people who want qaulity ai and have time GET THIS

#15 erhard

erhard

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 03:44 PM

one last question: Can i use the project ai AFCADs with AIA

#16 air_transat

air_transat

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 05:15 PM

PIN IT, PIN IT, PIN IT!!! WOW Royi, that is some great work there man :D

#17 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 05:17 PM

Good work there, Royi

We've needed something that explains the different choices of AI you can use, and how to mix and match them to get the best effect.

#18 CalleJ

CalleJ

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:41 PM

royisher, on Nov 28 2004, 12:38 PM, said:

Yes, find me a place to put 1GB, :D even more.
Sure Royi my dear friend. All I need is my Motherboard and CPU back from the RMA (should be in thursday / friday).

So hang in there guys :o

#19 TND4NOS

TND4NOS

Official Contest Host\Edited Contest Host

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:36 PM

Great work Royi!!! Impressive :o interesting to see how it is done in other peoples eyes and the different ways :D

TND4NOS :o

#20 royisher

royisher

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:21 PM

erhard, on Nov 28 2004, 03:44 PM, said:

one last question: Can i use the project ai AFCADs with AIA
Yes, AFCAD doesn't have any effect on AI's, but just verify that you got the Parking codes in AIA good :D

Cheers,
Royi