#41 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:49 PM

TechnicolorYawn, on Feb 23 2005, 01:11 AM, said:

This new mesh is great! It puts back the hill that the default mesh left out, that I was trying to rebuild, meaning I can lower my hand-drawn mesh from 9x9 to 4x4. :D
How large of an area does the mesh cover?

#42 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:01 PM

What are those red lines for?

#43 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:29 AM

The small mesh I've made by hand covers an area about 2 miles around the airport, the large SRTM mesh I used covers Madeira island, and a couple of smaller islands around it.

I'm going to put a release date for beta of 'The end of Febuary', but don't quote me on that.

#44 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:41 AM

TechnicolorYawn, on Feb 24 2005, 03:29 AM, said:

The small mesh I've made by hand covers an area about 2 miles around the airport, the large SRTM mesh I used covers Madeira island, and a couple of smaller islands around it.

I'm going to put a release date for beta of 'The end of Febuary', but don't quote me on that.
Okay, won't quote you on it (but I think I just did, didn't I?) .... and I can't wait to put the FB-111A down on that runway.  Got NAVAIDS, or pure visual approach?  :D

#45 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:15 AM

I need to find out about navaids, but as far as I'm aware its a no-ILS, seat-of-the-pants approach, and even has a Kai-Tak style turn (albeit shallower, and further from the runway).

#46 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:35 PM

TechnicolorYawn, on Feb 26 2005, 06:15 AM, said:

I need to find out about navaids, but as far as I'm aware its a no-ILS, seat-of-the-pants approach, and even has a Kai-Tak style turn (albeit shallower, and further from the runway).
No problem; I can do a standard pattern entry and fly the approach from there (screenshots, of course  :D ).  That IS loooooookin' good, TCY!!!!

#47 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:52 AM

Sorry I've not done much for the past week, but City Of Heroes has pretty much stolen my life... :D

However I should hopefully have something Beta-able by Saturday.

#48 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:20 AM

TechnicolorYawn, on Mar 3 2005, 08:52 AM, said:

Sorry I've not done much for the past week, but City Of Heroes has pretty much stolen my life... :D

However I should hopefully have something Beta-able by Saturday.
Hey, if you Brits are going to start making new words, you're gonna have to notify Oxford so they can publish a new dictionary; that way we Yanks can keep up with you!!!!   :D  :o  :P

Remember what I said about target dates?  You try as hard as you can to hit them, but they're just "targets."  While waiting for the FB-111A Association's CD with the aerial shots I need of Pease pre-1991, I'm still working on that Mole Hole macro, plus I'm in the process of modifying a payware outfit's flyable UH-1B so it can be used as a static bird in their scenery projects.  (WAAAAAY to big to be handled by ANY program as a macro at 15,000+ polygons; but I've got it down to 11,000 now and haven't even really started yet.)

After d/l'ing and adding PiP's airport to my Scenery Library, I'm waiting for yours.  Take your time, tho ... better to get it right before release than do like I did with KLIZ (12 betas, 3 releases, and now I've got to rework it with XML placement to lower the fps hits).

#49 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:53 PM

Sorry to bring up an old topic but this might be useful for TCY

http://www.airliners...rfp&photo_nr=47