38 replies to this topic

#21 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

Alright, sarge when is this gonna start (For me in Research, AFCAD and Macro Placement?)

#22 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:40 PM

PiP, on Feb 24 2005, 12:36 PM, said:

Hey,
I can't beleive I missed this topic till now.

I will most likley be able to help with AFCAD, airport reworks etc. and other scenery (I can use gmax)

I will have a HUGE ammount of time in Late June early July onwards
if that is too late I can work on a 1 "sub project" at a time basis.

Is it going to be freeware or payware, because I really like doing freeware
and don't mind working on payware for someone over the age of 21

Also this sort of project needs some default aircraft AI added to the expanded airfields for those out there who like the default AI
FREEWARE ..... little by little, I'm putting together a list of the airports/airbases I think need to be reworked (and, in some cases, created).  Towards the end of May (if not before), I'll put it up and we can hash it out to see which stay on the list and see if any others need to be put on the list.  The initial plan is to take one country in the Middle East, rework/create any airports that need it, release a single package of that country, then move to another country, and so on until we've got a good representation of the Middle East with accurate airports (or as accurate as we can make them).

Right now (in addition to myself), mohammad, scavers, you, TCY, Aviation, and RadRig211 have volunteered for different aspects.  If it's possible, it would be good to split the team and have two or three working a single airport -- that way we could have two (or more) airports in work at the same time, and would make the packages come together a bit easier.

Thanks for joining ....  :D

#23 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:50 PM

sarge, on Feb 24 2005, 07:40 PM, said:

PiP, on Feb 24 2005, 12:36 PM, said:

Hey,
I can't beleive I missed this topic till now.

I will most likley be able to help with AFCAD, airport reworks etc. and other scenery (I can use gmax)

I will have a HUGE ammount of time in Late June early July onwards
if that is too late I can work on a 1 "sub project" at a time basis.

Is it going to be freeware or payware, because I really like doing freeware
and don't mind working on payware for someone over the age of 21

Also this sort of project needs some default aircraft AI added to the expanded airfields for those out there who like the default AI
FREEWARE ..... little by little, I'm putting together a list of the airports/airbases I think need to be reworked (and, in some cases, created).  Towards the end of May (if not before), I'll put it up and we can hash it out to see which stay on the list and see if any others need to be put on the list.  The initial plan is to take one country in the Middle East, rework/create any airports that need it, release a single package of that country, then move to another country, and so on until we've got a good representation of the Middle East with accurate airports (or as accurate as we can make them).

Right now (in addition to myself), mohammad, scavers, you, TCY, Aviation, and RadRig211 have volunteered for different aspects.  If it's possible, it would be good to split the team and have two or three working a single airport -- that way we could have two (or more) airports in work at the same time, and would make the packages come together a bit easier.

Thanks for joining ....  :D
for me i perfer to work alone on a certain airport.

#24 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:46 AM

scavers, on Feb 24 2005, 10:50 PM, said:

for me i perfer to work alone on a certain airport.
That's okay, if you've got all the skills for the airport.  Some are going to require more than just an AFCAD; if it's a larger airport, we may want to enhance the scenery (like Cairo, Carthage, and others) .... and some may need terrain modification.

If it's do-able by one person, that's great -- four one-man teams can produce four revised/new airports in the same time it would take a four-man team to produce one.  But some are going to be more complex and require a team that has all of the skills and tools.  We may even have a need for someone with repainter experience to produce some customized textures (including night versions) for some of the new macros that will be needed.

Each airport will be reviewed for requirements, and the right sized team assigned to get the job done.  May be only one person, may be two or three or four depending on what has to be done.

#25 PiP

PiP

Cruising at FL140

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:45 PM

Sounds good sarge.

I beleive mozilla mas a free program for develpers.

It holds a master copy of a program add-on etc. and lets development teams operate smoother by helping with file transferr etc?

well at least I think It does.

Shall we try it?

#26 PiP

PiP

Cruising at FL140

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:47 PM

Here we go: Bugzilla

Edit: or is that for managing software deveopment of addons for Mozilla?

Edited by PiP, 26 February 2005 - 01:50 PM.

#27 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:24 PM

PiP, on Feb 26 2005, 02:47 PM, said:

Here we go: Bugzilla

Edit: or is that for managing software deveopment of addons for Mozilla?
Server-side software for managing software development.

#28 PiP

PiP

Cruising at FL140

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:43 AM

When do you expect to start searge (oops I spelt your name the british way then)

how's the tem shaping up?

#29 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:34 AM

PiP, on Mar 10 2005, 08:43 AM, said:

When do you expect to start searge (oops I spelt your name the british way then)

Probably around mid-May I'll put up the list of Middle East airports for hashing out.  Hopefully, we'll have that done and the first projects selected to start the first week of June.  As for team composition, looking good so far ..... I can't think of any design aspect we've missed.  The research is going to be the most time consuming.

#30 norwegian_hawk

norwegian_hawk

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:16 PM

PiP, on Mar 10 2005, 01:43 PM, said:

Sergeant, abbreviated to Sarge, the same in both the UK and the US.

#31 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:49 PM

norwegian_hawk, on Mar 10 2005, 01:16 PM, said:

PiP, on Mar 10 2005, 01:43 PM, said:

Sergeant, abbreviated to Sarge, the same in both the UK and the US.
That's pretty handy, don'tcha think?   :D   Considering that US military ranks were taken from the British designations (with some modifications as time passed).

#32 norwegian_hawk

norwegian_hawk

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:50 AM

:P  :o  :D

#33 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:05 PM

sarge: been a while my friend, how are you doing? :o

i got some neat pictures of kuwait international airport, shall i pm them to you? :D

#34 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:32 PM

Due to unforseen reasons, i can't be involved.

Please don't ask me to come back, as to why I left, I will still be active giving back to the fs community don't worry.

#35 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:40 AM

Sorry, guys .... been really tied up with KPSM (creating T-hangars, textures, fences, and wrapping up the HTML tutorial for doing XML.  The T-hangars are coming along okay, textures are my roadblock which is also affecting completion of the fenceline, but the tutorial was just passed to someone for check-out.

As for the summer project, I'm still scanning for airports to consider .... we've got a bit over 45 days before I put the list up and we start massaging it.

mohammad .... you can email anything you've found; just ID the stuff by the name of the airport.  I'm creating separate folders for each airport in the project.

scavers .... sorry to hear you won't be able to assist.  Hope everything works out for you; anytime you're able to join in, give a yell.

#36 LittlePilot

LittlePilot

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:47 PM

scavers, on Feb 16 2005, 04:57 PM, said:

I will hapily research, and beta test the middle east project.
Same here   I'm happy to help! joshmoody@gmail.com if you need me!

#37 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:41 AM

littlepilot, on Mar 30 2005, 03:47 PM, said:

Everyone start gearing up ..... nothing to do yet, but the list of potential airports for redesign will be posted NLT 15 May.  I'm figuring on 10 days to massage the list and get the final version, then 5 days to organize everyone in tasks and airports.

We be gettin' thar, folk!   :D

#38 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 12:26 PM

sarge, on Apr 14 2005, 07:41 PM, said:

littlepilot, on Mar 30 2005, 03:47 PM, said:

Everyone start gearing up ..... nothing to do yet, but the list of potential airports for redesign will be posted NLT 15 May.  I'm figuring on 10 days to massage the list and get the final version, then 5 days to organize everyone in tasks and airports.

We be gettin' thar, folk!   :D
sarge can you possibly wait for me to contribute my work on june 2nd? i have exams until that day so i might not be able to give much information prior to that date :thumbsup:

#39 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 12:45 PM

mohammad, on Apr 14 2005, 01:26 PM, said:

sarge can you possibly wait for me to contribute my work on june 2nd? i have exams until that day so i might not be able to give much information prior to that date :thumbsup:
Let's just make it June 6th (D-Day  :D ) to make sure everyone has their calendar cleared .....