- - - - -

KPSM on the Horizon (former "My Apologies To All")

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

Was released from hospital yesterday .... a disc in my back has deteriorated even further, and one of the vertebrae slipped farther than normal, nearly cutting into the spinal cord.  Now wearing a back brace with steel rods neck to butt to keep the spinal column in place.  Surgery scheduled for 23rd next month to replace the disc, plus one other.

@Summer Project folks -- don't know how long I'm going to be laid up after the surgery.  Some of you are fairly proficient with AFCAD, and if the team wants to progress with this while I'm out, go for it!!!!!  AFCAD makers -- don't forget to use the Fault Finder option on the AFCAD toolbar to check for problems.  Some of you are pretty good object designers ... get with the AFCAD makers.  Select your own project leader in my absence, but I would SERIOUSLY recommend Mo as the coordinator.  Suggested start:  Dubai International, then Carthage, Tunisia, then any and every airport/airfield in Kuwait, plus Tehran.

@Military aircraft flyers -- I'm going to try complete KPSM (Pease AFB) within the next 10 days, then possibly KPBG (Plattsburgh AFB) before the surgery.  When/if I do, they'll be available here in the FS2004.com downloads.

@Brad -- sorry for the delay on the review of FSPainter .... I'll also try to get that out before surgery.  Looks like a good program, easy to use.  I'll work up the details and include some screenshots w/thumbs.

Edited by sarge, 24 September 2005 - 03:37 PM.

#2 Roflcopterrr

Roflcopterrr

formerly Acura

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:33 PM

You are getting surgery.. OMG. Thats not good.. and also...  ON MY BIRTHDAY?!?!
Nooo :D

June 23 is my b-day

Edited by Pie, 27 May 2005 - 03:33 PM.

#3 Neil.

Neil.

Hardware Guru\Screenshot Hotshot of 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,621 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:36 PM

Ouch, glad to see you back Sarge :D

My mum had a slipped disc once, it was quite painful :/

Hope you have a speedy recovery :D

Neil.

#4 kewlceo

kewlceo

Download Manager\Contributor

• Contributor
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

Hi Sarge, sorry to hear about your back and the brace, surgery, etc. That must be gawd awful. And here we all thought you were off scuba diving. Good to see you, but wish you were feeling better. :D

#5 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

kewlceo, on May 27 2005, 04:37 PM, said:

Hi Sarge, sorry to hear about your back and the brace, surgery, etc. That must be gawd awful. And here we all thought you were off scuba diving. Good to see you, but wish you were feeling better. :D
Thanks ... did go diving, and it was FANTASTIC!!!!  (max depth 281 on NITROX, two WWII cargo ships torpedoed in 1944)   Problem was after I got back ... it's the continuing saga of the back injury during a helicopter hard landing in the 80's (two disc deteriorating, three cracked vertebrae) that has finally gotten to the point where it's surgery or a good possibility of paralysis.  50-50 chance of paralysis DURING the surgery, but guaranteed if I don't have it done.

Will be re-rigging the system and desk so even if bed-ridden at home for a while, can still operate the keyboard and mouse.   LOL!!!!!

#6 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:14 PM

Whoa, sorry to hear that Sarge.  You take all the time you need with that review - it is not important at all when your health is in question.  Best of luck!  Keep us updated!

#7 Fsimfan

Fsimfan

Download Manager\Contributor\Moderator

• Download Manager
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:16 PM

Hey Sarge!  So glad to hear from you! We missed you in the forums.  I'm sorry to hear about the disc deterioration and requiring surgery.  :D  My best wishes to you, I hope the surgery goes well and I wish you a very speedy recovery!  We really need you back here!  Remember, we are all rooting for you!  :D

#8 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:38 PM

Sarge :P

Oh my, that's a real shocker. Im terribly sorry for what happened :D This is certainly not a good start for your summer vacation. I was complaining about how my summer is starting off badly with no parties and hang outs, but then after reading your post, I am more thankful for my position :D

don't worry about the summer projects Sarge. Your health is a lot more important than any project. I feel like a fool now :D I shouldve read this thread first before PM'ing you about the summer project.

Please take care of yourself. You are more important than a bunch of projects for Flight Simulator. FS will always be there, but your health might not. So don't worry about anything concerning flight sim, you and your health should be your most important issues for the next couple of months until 100% recovery. My prayers are with you and your family, and god-willing, I hope you recover with ease and may god bless your surgery with success. :D

I cant stand a little muscle ache in my back, not now a disc problem :D ! Inshallah everything turns out fine Sarge. Keep your faith in god and in your religion and youd succeed through miserable times.

As for the summer project, im not sure whether or not anyone would start without your prescence. But if we agree, then id certainly feel previleged to be the co-ordinator for the event.

Take care buddy, and remember we're all here for you,

Mohammad.

#9 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

Nice to hear from you Sarge. Best of luck on your surgery and hope you have a fast recovery. :D

#10 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:52 PM

WOW Sarge I thought I didn't See you on for a while! Sorry to hear about the back problems I know there hard! Good luck with the surgery and feel better!

#11 Folgers

Folgers

formerly Douglas Buis

• Members
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:08 PM

sarge, on May 27 2005, 04:28 PM, said:

Was released from hospital yesterday .... a disc in my back has deteriorated even further, and one of the vertebrae slipped farther than normal, nearly cutting into the spinal cord.  Now wearing a back brace with steel rods neck to butt to keep the spinal column in place.  Surgery scheduled for 23rd next month to replace the disc, plus one other.

@Summer Project folks -- don't know how long I'm going to be laid up after the surgery.  Some of you are fairly proficient with AFCAD, and if the team wants to progress with this while I'm out, go for it!!!!!  AFCAD makers -- don't forget to use the Fault Finder option on the AFCAD toolbar to check for problems.  Some of you are pretty good object designers ... get with the AFCAD makers.  Select your own project leader in my absence, but I would SERIOUSLY recommend Mo as the coordinator.  Suggested start:  Dubai International, then Carthage, Tunisia, then any and every airport/airfield in Kuwait, plus Tehran.

@Military aircraft flyers -- I'm going to try complete KPSM (Pease AFB) within the next 10 days, then possibly KPBG (Plattsburgh AFB) before the surgery.  When/if I do, they'll be available here in the FS2004.com downloads.

@Brad -- sorry for the delay on the review of FSPainter .... I'll also try to get that out before surgery.  Looks like a good program, easy to use.  I'll work up the details and include some screenshots w/thumbs.
Ouch!  Sorry to hear that Sarge.  My back surgery is in 2 weeks, I am also having disc problems from a job-site injury and this rock-hard bed.

Best of luck to you man.

#12 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• 11,952 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:57 PM

That's bad news...  :D

I wish you all the best for the operation. Hope everything goes well ! We will be with you in our thoughts Sarge !  :D

#13 Blue_Angel_Cpt

Blue_Angel_Cpt

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 11:03 PM

Good Luck Get better :D

#14 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:35 AM

That's horrible to hear sarge...

Leave me your phone number and I'll tell gunny to make sure your fine after surgury.

#15 Mul.

Mul.

Contributor\First Class Member\Hardware Guru

• 15,362 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:06 AM

Ouch Sarge, :D

Been wondering where you have been  :D
Even posted some F4U Corsair screenshots for you :D

Get better soon. I believe my dad used to perform such operations

I'll keep everything you need at ready for when the time comes for beta testing

Mul

Edited by mul, 28 May 2005 - 05:08 AM.

#16 TomohawK

TomohawK

Airline Transport Pilot

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:17 AM

hope you have a speedy recovery, all the best Sarge  :D

#17 Scott221

Scott221

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:20 AM

Sorry to hear about that sarge! Just rest, don't put yourself out. I am sure we would rather have you back to your normal self rather then a couple of downloads!

Get well soon

Scott

Edited by Scott221, 28 May 2005 - 06:21 AM.

#18 SamGuest

SamGuest

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:07 AM

Sorry to hear that pal... i hope you get well soon and wish you all the best.

#19 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:07 AM

Good to see you again Sarge, sorry it's under these circumstances though.  As you can see we're all thinking of you here - best wishes to you and the surgeons, and a speedy recovery!  Keep us posted (just don't push yourself too hard too fast - I know you're the type that would!).

#20 boeing_737

boeing_737

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:13 AM

Glad to have you around Sarge. :D
My best wishes for your operation and i wish you a speedy recovery. :D :D As they say , Health is Wealth.
Our wishes and prayers will surely payoff Sarge and we will welcome you with open arms and smiles to the forums. :P :D

Also, please proceed here : http://www.fs2004.co...showtopic=47163

Edited by boeing_737, 28 May 2005 - 10:28 AM.