- - - - -

KPSM on the Horizon (former "My Apologies To All")

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#21 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:29 AM

Jon, on May 28 2005, 11:07 AM, said:

Good to see you again Sarge, sorry it's under these circumstances though.  As you can see we're all thinking of you here - best wishes to you and the surgeons, and a speedy recovery!  Keep us posted (just don't push yourself too hard too fast - I know you're the type that would!).
LOL, Jon ... comes from being former enlisted -- you know, they guys who actually do the WORK in the military?    :D   If we ain't doin' somethin' we DIE!!!!

Won't overdo anything, I promise.  But I've got to do SOMETHING and my diving certs are no good to me right now, plus my primary physician has notified the FAA that I'm a no-go for flight, so that's been suspended.  Only thing I got left is da 'puter .... can't even go fishin' cause the back won't take wave bouncing OR haulin' in the big boys.

KPSM will be completed soon, and may even get KPBG done and possibly the rework of KLIZ.  Once the surgery is done, have no idea on how long before I can do anything; that one I'll have to play by ear.

@everyone -- thanks for the good words, folks.  Mango, Mul, Scavers, Mo, Brad, Jon, and the rest of you.

@Mid-East Project (summer project) folks -- don't wait for my return; there's a TON of airfields/airbases to be done.  The middle East has been GROSSLY under-represented in FS9 and that needs to be fixed ASAP.  We've got a lot of members from that area and there is no reason for FS9 to not be accurate for that part of the world.  (And just a heads up to Mango and our other Asian members:  on my list of things to do AFTER the mid-East project is complete, is to start country by country in Asia, beginning with Thailand, and do AFCADs/scenery for every airport/airbase possible.  Japan, Korea and Hong Kong are readily available, but that seems to be it.  Hardly anything for Thailand, Taiwan, VietNam, Laos, Cambodia, India, Pakistan, etc.)  FS2004.com covers the WORLD!!!!  LOL!!!!!

@Brad, Jon -- how did that HTML tutorial work out?  If you haven't had a chance to look at it yet, no problem, no rush, no sweat.  If it does look okay, put it up anytime you want to.  If it needs polishing, just PM me what needs to be reworked.  Folks still using FSSC are going to be limited in detail and complexity so as to keep decent frame-rates; the more of them that can learn/use XML placement, the better the products will be and more frame-rate friendly as well.

#22 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:35 AM

I feel like a fool now :D I shouldve read this thread first before PM'ing you about the summer project.
Not a problem, my brother.   :D

Inshallah everything turns out fine Sarge.
As Allah wills it to be.

#23 C172pilot

C172pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

BEST OF LUCK. You'll be on your feet before you know it!

#24 Saabdriver

Saabdriver

formerly Steveo1kinevo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:44 AM

Just think, while you recover your can spend more time in the virtual skys!   :D  And also you are going to have to be in top shape for this summers Hurricane partys. :D   How many do you think we get this year? :D

#25 BrianF

BrianF

formerly BrianFeinzimer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:18 PM

dude that sucks, hope ya get better and everyting goes well!

#26 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

Steveo1kinevo, on May 28 2005, 12:44 PM, said:

Just think, while you recover your can spend more time in the virtual skys!   :P  And also you are going to have to be in top shape for this summers Hurricane partys. :D   How many do you think we get this year? :D
Thanks, Steve .... don't know how many, guessing at four but late in the season because of these cold/cool fronts that keep sneaking in with the dry air (deadly to hurricane formations).

BUT ... that DOES increase the chances for wide-spread wild fires ala 1999.   :D

#27 PiP

PiP

Cruising at FL140

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:05 PM

Ouch :D

Get well soon sarge, and lift with your knees :D

PiP

#28 Scott221

Scott221

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

Just think of all those Nurses!(women offcourse!) I can see the smile on your face already!

Good luck mate Scott.

#29 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:36 PM

Scott221, on May 28 2005, 03:35 PM, said:

Just think of all those Nurses!(women offcourse!) I can see the smile on your face already!
Good luck mate Scott.
:D   Unfortunately, the surgery will be done in Jacksonville at the VA there.  The doctor I'm dating is the head of ER at a Regional Medical Center in Arizona, and she's in Iraq (for the fourth time), one of the nurses I date is an ER nurse at Orlando Regional, another nurse works the wards in Daytona Beach, and the X-Ray technician works out of Holmes Regional in Melbourne.

Oh, well; guess I'll just have to find me a NEW dance partner in Jacksonville.   :D

#30 norwegian_hawk

norwegian_hawk

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:10 AM

Sarge matey, what a bummer! Sorry to hear about that, I know how it can get really dull when you're forced to lie around all day... especially when it hurts like a :D all the time. Sounds like you need to buy a really comfy sofa, a lifetime supply of beer, and a widescreen with all the adult channels on it... I tell ya, that's better than anything any doctor can give you!  :D
Here's hoping the op goes well  :D
Best wishes Sarge,
Chris

#31 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:13 PM

norwegian_hawk, on May 29 2005, 12:10 PM, said:

Sarge matey, what a bummer! Sorry to hear about that, I know how it can get really dull when you're forced to lie around all day... especially when it hurts like a :D all the time. Sounds like you need to buy a really comfy sofa, a lifetime supply of beer, and a widescreen with all the adult channels on it... I tell ya, that's better than anything any doctor can give you!  :D
Here's hoping the op goes well  :D
Best wishes Sarge,
Chris
Thanks for the good advice, _hawk  :P  with just some minor deviations.  Got the sofa, got about 3 months worth of Jack Daniels Ol' #7 Black Label (gooooooooood Tennessee sippin' sour mash whiskey) that SHOULD last 25 days, and a whole bunch of the channels (but not all of 'em).  On the other hand, do have three nurses comin' by regularly, earlier today all three of 'em at once!!!   :D

Can still sit at the 'puter with this :D back-brace on, just not for too long at a time.  The layin' down part will come after the surgery, but hopefully not for long after.

Edited by sarge, 29 May 2005 - 09:13 PM.

#32 PHNL747

PHNL747

formerly GTASAPS2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:38 PM

sorry to hear about that...hope you get recovered soon and be safe!

#33 SMBS

SMBS

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:13 AM

PHNL747, on May 30 2005, 03:38 PM, said:

sorry to hear about that...hope you get recovered soon and be safe!
:D

#34 CoffeeBreakPro

CoffeeBreakPro

Contributor\Mod-at-Large\Hardware Guru

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

Just saw this today Sarg. Best of luck to you, I know a little thing like back/neck surgery won't keep a good soldier down long! With the advances in spinal procedures over the past 10 - 15 years they'll have you up and around in no time.  :D

Coffee

#35 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

sarge, on May 29 2005, 08:13 PM, said:

norwegian_hawk, on May 29 2005, 12:10 PM, said:

Sarge matey, what a bummer! Sorry to hear about that, I know how it can get really dull when you're forced to lie around all day... especially when it hurts like a :D all the time. Sounds like you need to buy a really comfy sofa, a lifetime supply of beer, and a widescreen with all the adult channels on it... I tell ya, that's better than anything any doctor can give you!  :D
Here's hoping the op goes well  :D
Best wishes Sarge,
Chris
Thanks for the good advice, _hawk  :P  with just some minor deviations.  Got the sofa, got about 3 months worth of Jack Daniels Ol' #7 Black Label (gooooooooood Tennessee sippin' sour mash whiskey) that SHOULD last 25 days, and a whole bunch of the channels (but not all of 'em).  On the other hand, do have three nurses comin' by regularly, earlier today all three of 'em at once!!!   :D

Can still sit at the 'puter with this :D back-brace on, just not for too long at a time.  The layin' down part will come after the surgery, but hopefully not for long after.
hmm....sarge had a three sum.

#36 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

scavers, on Jun 1 2005, 06:33 PM, said:

hmm....sarge had a three sum.
Nope, that would have been a MFFF foursome.   :D    Unfortunately, it was PURELY medical and note comparison between the three of 'em.  Just glad it went the way it did ... Gunny could have just as easily been posting my obituary Monday morning.  :D

#37 drarni

drarni

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:55 PM

Get well soon Sarge! On what level do you have the disk?

#38 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:04 PM

drarni, on Jun 2 2005, 02:55 PM, said:

Get well soon Sarge! On what level do you have the disk?
Last one in the thoracic section and the first one in the lumbar section ... last vertebrae in the thoracic has a vertical fracture as does the first two in the lumbar.  The discs are deteriorated on the skin side, which has (up till now) permitted the tauntness of my skin and the musculature to restrict the distance the vertebrae could slip in that direction.  The deterioration has progressed and the first lumbar vertebrae is now able to slip laterally as well as towards the skin.

They gave me a choice -- fuse the three vertebrae and repair the cracks, or go for artificial discs and repair the cracks.  Opting for the latter; my brother has been through SEVEN back surgeries to fuse vertebrae, two of which were repeats because the fusion didn't take.  Bone to repair the cracks will come from the hip.

#39 Derek

Derek

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:50 PM

Nice to hear from you again sarge, Sorry to hear, I hope you have a speedy recovery  :D

#40 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:32 PM

All the best

My best mate had something very similar.  His family have a history of soft back bones that mess up for some reason.

He was in hospital in Switzerland, we for a pee, accidently let go of his pants and couldnt reach them, he had to press the red button for a nice nurse to come and pull up his pants, she was very nice he said, he was very embarrassed but a days work for here...made his day!