13 replies to this topic

#1 Pilot_recruit

Pilot_recruit

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:16 AM

Hi, I want to download Lee Swordy's AFCAD 2.22 but I don't know how I get it .
Please give me a link to download, thanks a lot  :D

#2 Highlander.

Highlander.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:21 AM

Pilot_recruit, on Mar 29 2006, 08:16 AM, said:

Downloads-Afcads-last page

(here on FS2004.com)

#3 TJC

TJC

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:10 AM

Pilot_recruit, on Mar 29 2006, 09:16 AM, said:

Have you heard of www.avsim.com?

They have a "search" function where you can type in what you want or by whatever author you know its from and it will get it for you, if its available there.

There is also a Frequently Asked Question function here at FS2004 and at Avsim where you could just as easy have found the answer.

#4 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

Pilot_recruit, on Mar 29 2006, 09:16 AM, said:

Please give me a link to download, thanks a lot  :D
You might have a problem downloading THAT version; I wouldn't trust it one bit.  Lee hasn't issued a revision since v2.21, so if you see AFCAD v2.22 anywhere on your system, find a good anti-virus software.   :D

Seriously, this site, Downloads, AFCADs, last page.

#5 Pilot_recruit

Pilot_recruit

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:03 AM

Thanks a lot :D
I searched in Flightsim.com and Simviation but I didn't find it . SO I'll get it in there :D

#6 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:32 AM

TJC, on Mar 29 2006, 02:10 PM, said:

They have a "search" function where you can type in what you want or by whatever author you know its from and it will get it for you, if its available there.
Its almost impossible to search for the AFCAD program with Avsim (I've tried). A serach for 'afcad' in both the Scenery Design and the Utilities sections doesn't find it, and a general search for 'AFCAD' just brings up the thousands of airport AFCAD files that are hosted.

If I ever needed to reinstall it, I got it from FSNordic.

#7 TJC

TJC

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:47 AM

TechnicolorYawn, on Mar 30 2006, 02:32 AM, said:

TJC, on Mar 29 2006, 02:10 PM, said:

Its almost impossible to search for the AFCAD program with Avsim (I've tried). A serach for 'afcad' in both the Scenery Design and the Utilities sections doesn't find it, and a general search for 'AFCAD' just brings up the thousands of airport AFCAD files that are hosted.

If I ever needed to reinstall it, I got it from FSNordic.
I searched again just now, under "Lee Swordy" and its there. You might have to scroll throught the pages but you will find it eventually.

#8 Pilot_recruit

Pilot_recruit

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:26 AM

Hi agian, I didn't find the AFCAD version 2.22 :D I'm using 2.21 and when I opened airport, the program was opening and... lag :D so I counldn't open the airport .bgl file
Help me

#9 yuhuda

yuhuda

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:08 AM

does it make AFCADs? if so can someone make a realistic one for simflyers PHL? im tired of seeing CRJs @ the A terminal(international) in a heavy spot.

#10 N3123V

N3123V

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:03 PM

Pilot_recruit, on Mar 30 2006, 10:26 AM, said:

Hi agian, I didn't find the AFCAD version 2.22 :D I'm using 2.21 and when I opened airport, the program was opening and... lag :D so I counldn't open the airport .bgl file
Help me
If you had read what sarge said above, you would know that Swordy hasn't released an AFCAD v2.22, and probably never will, so you can stop looking for it.

#11 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

Pilot_recruit, on Mar 30 2006, 11:26 AM, said:

Help me
Once again, there is no legitimate v2.22 for AFCAD.  It was never created by Lee.  His last version -- and, hence, the latest version -- is 2.21, the one you have.

As for it lagging, that's a computer problem, not a problem with AFCAD.  What may "seem" like a lag is trying to open a scenery file with AFCAD -- it puts up a blank AFCAD screen with nothing in it.  That's because it isn't designed to open scenery files, only airport files.  It can open the default files (APxxxxxx.BGL) or airport files created with AFCAD (AF2_xxxx.BGL).

There are two ways to open an airport in AFCAD:

1.  If you know the ICAO code for the airport (for example, KJFK for JFK International in New York):  start AFCAD, on the top toolbar click on File, then click on Open Airport, you see a box marked Airport ID and a space to enter the ID and a Search button.  Enter the ICAO for the airport in the box and click Search.  AFCAD will check through FS9 for that airport and list all the files for that airport in the large box at the bottom.  Highlight an entry then click OK.  If it's an airport AFCAD, you'll see it on the screen; if it's a scenery file instead of an airport file, you'll see the AFCAD screen with nothing in it.

2.  If you don't know the ICAO code for the airport, but you know the country, state and city it is in:  start AFCAD, on the top toolbar click on File, then click on Open Airport.  Down the left side of the window that pops up you will see a list of all the countries.  Click on one and it will open up to show a list of cities.  Click on a city and it will open up to show all the airports in the vicinity of that city.  When you find the one you want, click on it then click OK.  Using this method guarantees that AFCAD will open the airport file instead of scenery file.

#12 Pilot_recruit

Pilot_recruit

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:21 AM

When I selected File/Open Airport, the program appeared the new window "Collecting airport" and lagged !

#13 TJC

TJC

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:28 AM

Pilot_recruit, on Mar 31 2006, 11:21 AM, said:

When I selected File/Open Airport, the program appeared the new window "Collecting airport" and lagged !
How long did you wait before closing the program?
There is 10's of thousands airports in FS so it takes time to go through the list.
I tried mine a few weeks ago and it took 5/6 mins before it came to life again.
Other than that have a look in the downloaded file for an e-mail address and contact the programmer for more help.

#14 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

Pilot_recruit, on Mar 31 2006, 11:21 AM, said:

As TJC said, the first time you open AFCAD it has to search your entire FS9 directory to find out what airports are in there.  That can take some time (depending on what your system is, what it's capable of doing, and how many resources are available to AFCAD for the search).  Give it time; if you have to, start it and walk away from it for 10 mins.  When it's finished, it'll still be there when you get back (provided you don't have anyone running around turning off stuff that no one is evidently using :D ).

As for emailing Lee, you can try but I don't think you'll meet with any success.  Three months after producing v2.21, Lee couldn't be found/contacted.  With the success of v2.21, he may have decided to call it quits.  All of the forums he was heavily involved in -- Lee has a been a no-show.  Prior attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful.  With the advent of FS X on the horizon, we may hear from him again, we may not; only time will tell.  The last known email address for him was Swordy@rogers.com, if you want to give it a try.

Edited by sarge, 31 March 2006 - 01:21 PM.