93 replies to this topic

#81 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:27 PM

N3123V, on Jun 25 2006, 08:37 PM, said:

Wow! This project is coming along very very nicely sarge, Great work! Kind of suprising that anyone would want to produce scenery up in my neck of the woods, but I'm very happy that you are! Can't wait for it, thanks!
Glad you like the project.   :lol:   My last tour was Hq SAC (Offutt AFB NE) and I got to all of the SAC bases worldwide as part of my duties.  The Big Ugly Fat Fellows (gotta keep it G-rated :lol:) have always had a special place in my memories, along with the F/FB-111A.  Lot of good memories.   :D

Pease AFB NH is already reopened (if you like the FB-111A) and can be obtained from the FS2004.com Downloads library.  Plattsburgh AFB NY (another Aardvark base) will follow Loring.

Loring will be completed soon, although I'm not going to make the 28 June Beta test date; just now starting to work on Otis ANGB MA and that's going to take at least another full day, thanks to Microsoft leaving out a LOT of the concrete.  Have a request in to the B-52 Association for anyone with the tail numbers of B-52G's actually assigned to Loring (need a dozen of them, and only have 4 at the moment), and then those will be finished.

How come KSFM isn't in FS9?  Two runways, nice little regional airport ..... too bad I don't do civilian airports.   :D

Edited by sarge, 25 June 2006 - 09:33 PM.

#82 N3123V

N3123V

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

sarge, on Jun 25 2006, 10:27 PM, said:

How come KSFM isn't in FS9?  Two runways, nice little regional airport ..... too bad I don't do civilian airports.   :lol:
Hmm... there is a default AFCAD in place for it, maybe you misplaced or overwrote it? It is AP929160.bgl (would be in Scenery\Name). I have a little bit of scenery in place for "our side" of the field (the side that the FBO that I fly from is on, there's another FBO on the other side :D ) thanks to RWY 12 placer. I also wrote an XML for a working fuel trigger next to the hangar! I was very impressed with myself. Anyway, I think that you have inspired me to try to get my work uploaded.

I have and love your Pease scenery. I've been to the airport on a couple of occasions (real world) and have flown close to it but never landed there. From what I can tell, it is quite accurate, so thanks for that as well!

Edited by N3123V, 25 June 2006 - 09:42 PM.

#83 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:41 PM

N3123V, on Jun 25 2006, 10:40 PM, said:

sarge, on Jun 25 2006, 10:27 PM, said:

How come KSFM isn't in FS9?  Two runways, nice little regional airport ..... too bad I don't do civilian airports.   :D
Hmm... there is a default AFCAD in place for it, maybe you misplaced or overwrote it? It is AP929160.bgl (would be in Scenery\Name).
Ah, yes; one of the recently discovered problems with my KPSM ..... had to find some way to make the old Pease Tradeport go away and hadn't gotten far enough into the bglcomp_SDK on removing airports.  That's a scheduled fix ..... KPSM will be re-released (full package) that will undo that little glitch and restore the AP929160 to .bgl instead of .bak (that was the work around).

Anyway, progressing on Otis ANGB MA:
Otis F-15A on the newly created "Christmas Tree"
Posted Image

Overhead view of the "Christmas Tree" and Compass Rose
Posted Image

Also: taxiways are now designated IAW AFD-894 (USAF), FAA Airport Diagram 03331; ramp routes have been correctly positioned; ramps and aprons have been adjusted; helipads located ON the ramp routes instead of sitting off in the grass next to the ramp routes.  Next is the placement of 3D objects, then writing the flightplans for the Eagles to fly between KFMH and KLIZ.

#84 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:18 PM

Well, I'm a bit beyond the halfway point with Otis ANGB MA (KFMH).  Parking spots are in for the "Christmas Tree" (fighter alert area) and the main fighter ramp.  Had to cheat a bit and use the ramp south of the Rwy 32 approach for military cargo, tanker and transient fighter parking, plus one row for transient fighters on the main fighter ramp.  When I moved to the helicopter area of Camp Edwards, I couldn't believe how much MS just flat didn't bother to do (Camp Edwards is on the left, slightly above center):

Stock
Posted Image

Modified
Posted Image

Notice the difference in the ramp area?  Where they came up with THAT conglomeration I wouldn't even try to guess.  Anyway, next are the Army chopper spots, then I've got to add hardstands and fixed wing ramps to the Coast Guard area (top center, MS screwed the pooch there, too) and parking spots.  That large parking area to the right of Camp Edwards will be another departure from reality since the stock traffic BGL has civilian aircraft in and out of there.  I'll put one of each size civilian parking space so those without military aircraft can be directed to parking on arrival, and the civilian AI won't be mixed in with the military AI.

Edited by sarge, 26 June 2006 - 02:24 PM.

#85 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:09 PM

CRIKEY!!!!!  THAT was a real test of patience -- correcting the Camp Edwards portion of Otis ANGB (KFMH).  However, now the ramps and taxiways are at least workable and as accurate as they can be.  There are 3 UH-60 parking spots for the MedCo/Det 1 medevacs, 5 UH-1 spots for 3Bn/126Av/Alpha Company, and 3 CH-47 spots for 3Bn/126Av/HHC.

The Coast Guard station rework is underway .....

Edited 27/6/2006 -- Just finished up the USCG portion of Otis.  Man, it was as :D up as Camp Edwards.  After putting in all the hardstands and relocating the hangar area, now I've got to exclude the default objects in that area and put in new buildings, in the correct locations.  Warning:  I'm gonna cheat ... I'm only going to put the two large hangars that service the HU-25A's (FalconJet).  Placed three parking spaces for the HU-25A's and three more for USCG HH-60J's.

Edited by sarge, 27 June 2006 - 09:49 PM.

#86 one.one.six

one.one.six

formerly spartan.one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:34 AM

Looking nice sarge, looking nice.

#87 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:09 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eleven B-52G tail numbers that were assigned to Loring (need one more).  Work started on repainting the forward fuselage and tail for each of the numbers.

Okay, okay; I missed the 28 Jun beta test date (thanks to Otis being :D 'd up); but, back on track now.

Status - KLIZ (Loring AFB):
AFCAD modified, old ME16 removed (without altering the default BGL)
Terrain modified (base infrastructure represented, Limestone in correct place)
All parking areas (B-52G's, KC-135's, transient, base ops, fighters) complete
CERT range complete
Weapons Storage Area complete
"Christmas Tree" complete
Fighter alert ramp complete
All 3D objects placed
KC-135 AI repaints complete, flightplans complete
T-39 AI repaints complete
Need to do
B-52G AI repaints, then flightplans
T-39 flightplans
F-15 flightplans
Taxiway/runway signs

Status - KFMH (Otis ANGB):
AFCAD modified
All parking areas (Otis ANGB, Camp Edwards, USCG, transient) complete
"Christmas Tree" complete
HC-25C repaints complete
Need to do
Place 3D objects in USCG area
HC-25C and F-15 flightplans

There's light at the end of the tunnel, and it's NOT a train coming at me head-on!  :lol:

#88 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:01 AM

BUFF AI arrives KLIZ, tail 57-6488,
Posted Image
parked in the revetted spot 6 of the 69th Bombardment Squadron (Heavy).

#89 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:57 AM

Those parking spots are just crying out for some alpha-channeled dirt and oil spills on them.... :D

#90 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:30 PM

TechnicolorYawn, on Jun 29 2006, 12:57 PM, said:

Those parking spots are just crying out for some alpha-channeled dirt and oil spills on them.... :lol:
No dirt!!!!!  Twice daily FOD (foreign object damage) walks by the entire flightline maintenance workforce!  :D

#91 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:48 PM

Combined KLIZ/KFMH in Beta testing as of 4 July.

#92 peter10

peter10

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:33 PM

Sarge, how about Niagara Falls AFB ?  :lol: That scenery looks great !

Peter  :D

#93 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:34 AM

peter10, on Jul 29 2006, 01:33 PM, said:

Sarge, how about Niagara Falls AFB ?  :D That scenery looks great !
(Off-Topic)  KIAG, eh?  Well, it's a possibility; but, you might not like it.  That's a joint use facility -- Niagra Falls International on one side, Niagra Falls Air Reserve Station on the other side -- and I don't do civilian airports.  The military side looks interesting though .... let me think on it a bit.

(On-Topic)  A couple of snags in Beta Testing of KLIZ/KFMH.  Gotta work out the bugs and retest.  Depending on circumstances, probably not releasable before the end of August.

#94 peter10

peter10

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

Now that Int'l side is now TOTALLY empty ... But there is an Airshow there in a few weeks.

Peter  :D