16 replies to this topic

#1 Furball

Furball

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:55 AM

Hi guys - When i go 'overspeed' i get an audio warning noise. How can I disable this please! Many thx in advance & sorry for such a noob question - Ive look at all the key commands but cant seem to find the answer.   :D

#2 Jayhawk

Jayhawk

formerly Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:23 AM

Furball, on Jul 5 2006, 01:55 PM, said:

Hi guys - When i go 'overspeed' i get an audio warning noise. How can I disable this please! Many thx in advance & sorry for such a noob question - Ive look at all the key commands but cant seem to find the answer.   :D
Have you tried to remove the overspeed sound in

C:\Program\Microsoft Games\Fs9\Sound

And I don't think there is a Key Command to disable it....Well as far as I know

Edited by Jayhawk, 05 July 2006 - 07:24 AM.

#3 Furball

Furball

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:29 AM

erm No m8 - BUT i will. Thx! This won't break anything will it? Cheers for quick response
:D

#4 Jayhawk

Jayhawk

formerly Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:40 AM

Furball, on Jul 5 2006, 02:29 PM, said:

erm No m8 - BUT i will. Thx! This won't break anything will it? Cheers for quick response
:lol:
Naa just copie the file and put it in another folder...or if you loose it you can find it again on you Fs2004 CDs.... :lol:

And oh some aircrafts have their own Overspeed sound in the Aircraft folder...you might have to remove that one too....if that particular aircraft that you want to fly has one :D

Edited by Jayhawk, 05 July 2006 - 07:59 AM.

#5 ZEUSES

ZEUSES

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:47 AM

why do u fly overspeeded? :D

#6 Furball

Furball

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:56 AM

Sweet - Thx Jayhawk - your a very nice person. Im all sorted now. Now i can fly Concorde at full speed without my ears bleeding!  :D

Peace all.

**Resolved**

EDIT -

Hi ZEUSES, erm yes im just trying to learn the Concorde & as soon as i hit about 420 ish I get the warning BUT the little baby is capable of 1300 or something like that & im not sure how to set the autopilot maxclimb bit which punches you through the sound barrier twice, apparently - :lol: Im abit of a noob so not sure on the correct sequence of things yet!

Edited by Furball, 05 July 2006 - 08:01 AM.

#7 Jayhawk

Jayhawk

formerly Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

Furball, on Jul 5 2006, 02:56 PM, said:

Sweet - Thx Jayhawk - your a very nice person. Im all sorted now. Now i can fly Concorde at full speed without my ears bleeding!  :lol:

Peace all.

**Resolved**
No problem glad I could help :D

#8 [V1]-[VR]-[V2]

[V1]-[VR]-[V2]

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

Furball, on Jul 5 2006, 01:56 PM, said:

Sweet - Thx Jayhawk - your a very nice person. Im all sorted now. Now i can fly Concorde at full speed without my ears bleeding!  :D

Peace all.

**Resolved**
u know the difference between IAS and TAS?

#9 Furball

Furball

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:03 AM

[V1]-[VR]-[V2] - erm not really bro. Will this help me to fly Concorde fast? If so ill learn it m8 - i like abit of learning every now & then  :D

#10 [V1]-[VR]-[V2]

[V1]-[VR]-[V2]

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:05 AM

u wanna fly the concord full speed is that max speed or what its flying max on normal flights?

#11 Furball

Furball

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:24 AM

erm - not too sure m8 - i spose it would be best to learn the propper speed & propper autoclimb sequence really BUT im abit lazy, so any info/advice will be appreciated.

NOTE - Just tried the sound thing JayHawk, The Sim crashes if i delete the file, so ill make a copy & then edit the original to be quiet -  :lol:  Cheer again.  :D

#12 Lethal.Ambition

Lethal.Ambition

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:30 AM

Well, I guess there's nothing wrong with flying overspeed if you don't see anything wrong with flying overspeed.

#13 Nidhal

Nidhal

formerly Flying_Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:22 PM

Furball, on Jul 5 2006, 02:56 PM, said:

Hi ZEUSES, erm yes im just trying to learn the Concorde & as soon as i hit about 420 ish I get the warning BUT the little baby is capable of 1300 or something like that & im not sure how to set the autopilot maxclimb bit which punches you through the sound barrier twice, apparently - :lol: Im abit of a noob so not sure on the correct sequence of things yet!
Well I guess that's True Airspeed ( TAS ) :D

#14 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:26 PM

Just don't fly as fast or fly higher.. :D

The overspeed is a warning that the air flowing past the plane is getting to the point at which it can strat causing damage.

Concorde can fly at 1300mph or so, but this is *groundspeed* - the speed which it covers over the ground. The limit is still 300-400 knots airspeed. This kind of the amount of air flowing over the wings. As you fly higher, the air gets a lot thinner, so if you fly at a certain speed, there is less air to flow over the wings as you get higher. Concorde can fly at Mach 2, but only at around 50-60 thousand feet. At this altitude, the air is so thin that while thye aircraft is doing twice the speed of sound, there is so little air passing over the airframe that it can do it with no risk of damage. At only a few thousand feet off the ground, the air is so thick that even Concorde can only do 400 knots or so like other aircraft.

#15 NightCargo

NightCargo

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:15 PM

ZEUSES, on Jul 5 2006, 07:47 AM, said:

why do u fly overspeeded? :D
gd point! try just not flying overspeed! :lol:

#16 Furball

Furball

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:13 PM

heheheheh - thx for info guys. Your the best :lol:

All i really wanna do is get it to mach 2 - now i know you gotta fly at about 60000ft
ill give it a try! Mach 2 here we jolly well come. I hope there is a little sonic boom or 2 - heheheh.

In the manual it goes on about MaxClimb & auto & stuff. So im asumin there is a set angle and v speed to hit. Alledgedly all this can be done on the autopillot thingy BUT it all looks abit complicated  to me. I just wanna take the old bird from China to Manchester as fast as poss really.

Thx again top pilot dudes   :D

#17 Captain

Captain

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

Furball, on Jul 6 2006, 12:13 AM, said:

heheheheh - thx for info guys. Your the best :lol:

All i really wanna do is get it to mach 2 - now i know you gotta fly at about 60000ft
ill give it a try! Mach 2 here we jolly well come. I hope there is a little sonic boom or 2 - heheheh.

In the manual it goes on about MaxClimb & auto & stuff. So im asumin there is a set angle and v speed to hit. Alledgedly all this can be done on the autopillot thingy BUT it all looks abit complicated  to me. I just wanna take the old bird from China to Manchester as fast as poss really.

Thx again top pilot dudes   :D
Actually the Maxclimb is the maximum speed a plane can climb up.
It's not really the speed like a car but the number of feet it climbs.

V-speed is used on the autopilot to set the vertical speed.
This mean that with v-speed set to +1000, your plane will climb 1000ft per minute.
V-speed set to -1000 means your plane will descent 1000ft per minute.

So if your plane has a Maxclimb of +2500 that means when your V-speed is
higher then +2500 your plane will most likely stall.

To reach mach 2 or max speed, you climb to cruise altitude and then on level flight you will be able to fly at mach 2.
Unless your plane is too heavy... :lol:

Edited by Captain, 05 July 2006 - 05:54 PM.