you don't allready have it?

#22 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:21 AM

MS really need to add a career option. After people have been asking for it ever since FS1 I'm really surprised it hasn't got it yet.

#23 acsguitar

acsguitar

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:52 PM

Yea a career mode would be a great idea...Just for the ###### of it...but what would the point be is the question...Everyone wants to fly whatever the ###### plane they want whenver they want....having a career mode implies that you would have to earn licenses do tests and when you do better "Unlock" more planes or levels...I guess it could be fun but the same thing would be available flying a virtual airline or setting up an option like this on AKROMA......I guess it would be like sim city but with planes...hey why not it would be fun...I just wish that when i finished a flight a screen would pop up rating me on my flight performance now that would be cool...Especially if it brought into factor things like overspeed, turbulance, landing, takeoff and rated it against the optimal performances for pilots of that plane....that would be sweet....also why not tell you great job or something upon landing a mission that FS2004 gives ya...I know its kinda cheezy but if the ATC just gave you a welcome to wherever and good flight then you'd know you completed your mission..and if they gave you a "wow that was a close one then youd know that you just barely finished...and if they gave you a hey that wasnt very good then you know that you need to work on it....DOes anyone remember the Chuck Yeager flight sim for the Tandy..I used to play it when I was a kid and Yager would comment on your flights like when you crashed he would say "Looks like you bought the farm on that one" Anyways just some ideas!!! Maybee I should post this in that idea forum or maybee we could switch it to it!!

Thanks

Andy

#24 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:14 AM

Heh.. I had Chuck Yeager on the Amiga. I don't think they had heard of playtesting back then, because I used to get a message saying 'Mach 6 exceeded' when flying every single plane, even the Sopwith Camel. :o

#25 acsguitar

acsguitar

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:51 AM

Yea that game ruled!! I love flying sims but I have flying in real life...My pops works for the NTSB as a crash investigator...so its a weird thing i have....Go Yeager