• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

My youngest daughter just flew into Orlando Wednesday evening on a direct Aeromexico flight from Mexico City.  She arrived on-time, but her one piece of checked baggage didn't.  After sitting in Customs while everyone tried to find her luggage, she was finally released THREE BLOODY HOURS after exiting the aircraft.  And THAT is where the problems began:

1.  That one piece of luggage contains every stitch of clothing the girl owns, every single pair of shoes she owns, all of her undergarments, all of her toiletries, and all of her make-up.  (Yes; she packed a bag THAT big.  It's a female thing, evidently; Terri does it, too.)

2.  Aeromexico had no idea where her bag could be.  (It was fairly obvious to me .... it was a direct flight, no intermediate stops, Mexico City to Orlando.  The bag wasn't anywhere in Orlando.  Gloryosky!  It must still be in Mexico City!)  No amount of repeating that statement got through to the Aeromexico representatives in the airport, nor on the phone to their "corporate" customer service representatives on the other end of a 15-minute 1-800 number with that :lol:  automated menu.

3  After filling out the lost baggage request, we left with the promise from Aeromexico that my daughter would be contacted the following day (Thursday).  A lie.  No one called.  After all 3 Aeromexico flights on Thursday arrived (PLUS those arriving via Dallas and Miami, and 2 charter flights Mexico City - Orlando), WE callled Aeromexico.  Still no location on one bag.  A quick trip back to Orlando and a face-to-face with Aeromexico revealed that no one at Orlando had contacted Mexico City to initiate a search for the bag.  "We'll be in touch with you tomorrow."  Uh-huh; we didn't hold our breath.

4.  After Aeromexico's 2 flights today arrived, still no one from Aeromexico called.  My daughter called them.  The bag has been located in Mexico City; would she like to have it sent to Orlando?  Look, I'm not racist or a bigot ..... but just what kind of IQ (or lack thereof) qualifies one to work for Aeromexico?  That has got to be the absolute top nomination for the most STUPID question that will ever be asked in the year 2007.  Would she like for her bag to be sent to Orlando?

(Having resisted the urge to post my "Sniper/Moron" label here, all I'm left with is :lol: )

The bag is "alledgedly" being put aboard an early Saturday morning charter flight from Mexico City to Orlando; they'll call us when it gets here.  Uh-huh.  And we have no idea how long it's going to take Customs to clear a bag that shows up WITHOUT the passenger, that has been sitting unattended in another country for THREE BLOODY DAYS!!!!!

Lessons learned:

Never NEVER NEVER check baggage with Aeromexico.  The moment it leaves your possession and is in theirs, it's a crap-shoot as to whether you'll ever see it again.  Unlike US airlines, Aeromexico does NOT use bar-coded luggage tags; so, if your bag gets lost, there's no way to readily find out where it is.  The only method is labor-intensive, and the IQs displayed by Aeromexico so far, is indicative that it's not going to be found in any reasonable amount of time, if at all.

Plus, it doesn't matter what the contents are -- Aeromexico limits it's liability for lost luggage to US$50.00, total, not per bag, PER PASSENGER.  If they lose one bag, the most you can get reimbursed is US$50.00; if they lose 7 of your bags, the most you can get reimbursed is US$50.00, total.

So, if you have no other choice and simply MUST fly Aeromexico, don't take anything with you that can't be put in a piece of carry-on luggage that will fit in the overhead bins.  That's the ONLY way you can be assured that you will ever see it again.

Edited by sarge, 05 January 2007 - 11:12 PM.

#2 soundman

soundman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:08 PM

thanks for the heads up sarge. :lol:  sorry about the mishap.

#3 ak427

ak427

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:13 PM

Thanks for letting me know, now I'm 100% if I ever go to Mexico, I ain't going on Aeromexico, I'm sorry for the trouble you suffered. :lol:

#4 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:17 PM

soundman, on Jan 6 2007, 12:08 AM, said:

thanks for the heads up sarge. :lol:  sorry about the mishap.
Thanks.  Her spring semester starts Monday at FSU; the girl was facing the prospect of having to attend classes in the same clothes that she arrived in, day after day after day after day.  The only bright spot came last night when I took her shopping to pick up some clothes and "essentials."  As I queried Terri last night on the phone:

"I want to know who that girl is that's impersonating my daughter."

I've taken my youngest daughter shopping for clothes before; it's never less than US$250 - US$350 MINIMUM.  She only spent US$37.24 last night ..... THAT female CAN'T be MY daughter!  :lol:

Edited by sarge, 05 January 2007 - 11:18 PM.

#5 as737700

as737700

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

That sucks that you guys had to go through that :lol:

The bag has been located in Mexico City; would she like to have it sent to Orlando?
:lol:...wow

#6 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

I feel bad for her. Going to Spring classes with the same clothes and all. Best of luck to your daughter man. :P

Thanks for the heads-up. Aeromexico... Well what do ya expect from Mexico besides illegal immigrants and taco? :lol: :lol:

#7 N3123V

N3123V

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:11 AM

sarge, on Jan 5 2007, 11:06 PM, said:

(Having resisted the urge to post my "Sniper/Moron" label here, all I'm left with is :lol: )
How about this one: Posted Image Or maybe this one? Posted Image

Stinks what happened to your daughter, I guess its a good thing that she only wanted to spend what she did! :lol:

#8 ak427

ak427

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

mohammad, on Jan 5 2007, 11:34 PM, said:

Aeromexico... Well what do ya expect from Mexico besides illegal immigrants and taco? :lol: :P
HAHAHA.  :lol:

#9 Fulcrum29

Fulcrum29

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:59 AM

I never wanted to fly Aeromexico anyway, but in case I ever do, I'll take your advice! :lol:

Edited by Fulcrum29, 06 January 2007 - 12:59 AM.

#10 Highlander.

Highlander.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:19 AM

Ive heard that their service is terrible, I just like their bare metal scheme :lol:

#11 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:50 AM

The bag has been located in Mexico City; would she like to have it sent to Orlando?  Look, I'm not racist or a bigot ..... but just what kind of IQ (or lack thereof) qualifies one to work for Aeromexico?  That has got to be the absolute top nomination for the most STUPID question that will ever be asked in the year 2007.  Would she like for her bag to be sent to Orlando?
Does Aeromexico have an exact copy of your daughter's whereabouts? What if she was boarding a cruise to Bermuda? What if she was connecting the next day to Kennedy? Driven to Tallahassee?

I understand your reasoning, but I'm sure the world doesn't terminate at Orlando. It's up to Aeromexico to arrange delivery of that bag to your doorstep or perferred location, no matter where that is (and on-time or not! :lol:)

Edited by SuperDuke, 06 January 2007 - 01:53 AM.

#12 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:26 AM

SuperDuke, on Jan 6 2007, 02:50 AM, said:

The bag has been located in Mexico City; would she like to have it sent to Orlando?  Look, I'm not racist or a bigot ..... but just what kind of IQ (or lack thereof) qualifies one to work for Aeromexico?  That has got to be the absolute top nomination for the most STUPID question that will ever be asked in the year 2007.  Would she like for her bag to be sent to Orlando?
Does Aeromexico have an exact copy of your daughter's whereabouts? What if she was boarding a cruise to Bermuda? What if she was connecting the next day to Kennedy? Driven to Tallahassee?

I understand your reasoning, but I'm sure the world doesn't terminate at Orlando. It's up to Aeromexico to arrange delivery of that bag to your doorstep or perferred location, no matter where that is (and on-time or not! :lol:)
No, the world doesn't terminate at Orlando.  But her flight did.   :lol:

They didn't ask that question to determine WHERE she would like her bag sent .... the question was asked to determine IF she wanted her bag sent from Mexico City.  Otherwise, I suppose, they were going to leave it in Mexico City.  So many air travellers these days just don't want all that stuff they took so much time to pack.  NOT!!!!!

#13 googlerSA

googlerSA

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:04 AM

i guess they're playing games with the daughter of the future President of the US of A..the almighty Sarge :o  SARGE '08 :P

thats not very good of Aeromexico and their procedures should be checked over...maybe an independent body strives through and takes over as we all know the corrupt latin american governments won't give in or listen to the US :lol:

glad to hear she was not as expensive to take care off while shopping and glad all is well..keep us posted :lol:

#14 RadRig211

RadRig211

Orville Reincarnate

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:11 AM

mohammad, on Jan 5 2007, 09:34 PM, said:

Well what do ya expect from Mexico besides illegal immigrants and taco? :lol: :P
Not to draw swords Mo, but after (rightly) bashing numerous members about stereotypical and ignorant assumptions on countries in the Middle East, how can you say that?? :lol:

Think about what you say carefully, mate; that's probably the most disrespectful thing I've seen you say. I know you don't mean to come across the way you do, but what you said just completely contradicts everything you say relating to ignorance pertaining to other countries.

Edited by RadRig211, 06 January 2007 - 04:34 AM.

#15 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

googlerSA, on Jan 6 2007, 05:04 AM, said:

i guess they're playing games with the daughter of the future President of the US of A..the almighty Sarge :D  SARGE '08 :lol:
"If nominated, I will not run.  If elected, I will not serve."
(Who said that?)   :w00t:

thats not very good of Aeromexico and their procedures should be checked over...maybe an independent body strives through and takes over as we all know the corrupt latin american governments won't give in or listen to the US :lol:
Who would want to?  I just can't believe that an airline's abject lack of compassion for it's customers would be so blatent.  The most irritating part was describing the problem, and then hearing their answer, which was a perfect echo of the information we had just given them.  Getting them to even LOOK for the bag was worse than a dentist trying to extract impacted wisdom teeth with a toothpick and a napkin ring!  :o

glad to hear she was not as expensive to take care off while shopping and glad all is well..keep us posted :lol:
Yeah; but I still want to know who that female is that's impersonating my daughter!  :o

We're waiting for a call from US Customs in Orlando.  I called my niece in New Orleans last night -- she's a GS-13 at the district US Customs/Border Patrol in New Orleans.  She, in turn, alerted US Customs at Orlando International to be on the watch for my daughter's bag .... description provided, list of contents, and the fact that it has been out of my daughter's control for over 72 hours ... and that it will be entering the country WITHOUT the passenger that checked it through in Mexico City.  It'll probably be intercepted somewhere between the aircraft's cargo hold and the baggage cart and taken to a secure area for closer scrutiny.   :P  And she said Customs will probably have some very serious post-9/11 security questions for Aeromexico.   :w00t:

#16 googlerSA

googlerSA

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:28 AM

sarge, on Jan 6 2007, 06:16 AM, said:

And she said Customs will probably have some very serious post-9/11 security questions for Aeromexico.   :lol:
that'll teach those idiots :lol:

#17 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

Sarge: Small tip from a Mexican. Never... EVER...not even if your getting paid let your baggage out of your site in Mexico. Don't check it into any airline flying in and out of Mexico. Even if it has locks, trust me. The Mexican rameprs will help themselves. When checking into a Hotel, even if it's an American chain don't give your luggage to the bellman. He will help himself. Just don't loose sight of your luggage in Mexico.

On another note, I've flown Aeromexico and Mexicana numerous times. If it wasn't for their primitive check-in methods and baggage handling they'd be just as good as most American, European and Canadian LCC's. Everytime I fly with them the manage to provide great in-flight service, and their crews are always happy and profesional.

Tamiami

#18 DeLaGhetto

DeLaGhetto

formerly Norad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:11 AM

what TAMIAMI said sarge..... im also mexican and thats the reality here in mexico. Its a shame though,and he is right its the ramp workers because it has happened with my father already with COA so thats the prob  :lol:

Edited by Daddy_Yankee, 06 January 2007 - 11:13 AM.

#19 DeLaGhetto

DeLaGhetto

formerly Norad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

Well what do ya expect from Mexico besides illegal immigrants and taco? :o :D
man watch out your words.....  :o

even if you are joking you are still beeing racist....  :P  You're insulting Tamiami and me  :lol:  and some others. Ok ima stop don't wanna get banned just because of your stupid comment....not worthy  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by Daddy_Yankee, 06 January 2007 - 03:07 PM.

#20 Captain-Amar

Captain-Amar

Screenshot Hotshot of 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:10 PM

Well what do ya expect from Mexico besides illegal immigrants and taco? :lol: :P
So wrong to say man  :lol: