16 replies to this topic

#1 Dardan

Dardan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

Hey i have a question. the other day i was able to change two airports for Albania to make it more realistic and up to date. both airports get very little to no traffic in the game but in real life they get from 5 to 42 movements per day. one of the airports is small with about 1800m runway and only receives 3 planes (on a good day) mostly from small and medium props. the largest one has a 3200m runway and receives mostly small jets and b737's with 42 aircraft movements a day. so my question is how can i add ai aircraft flight paths for exmaple from londong gatwick to tirana rinas? any help would be much appreciated.

#2 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

If you download TTools from here

http://files.fsnordi...ator/AI_Routes/

it contains a fairly comprehensive Readme which explains how to make your own flightplans.

#3 Dardan

Dardan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:28 PM

thank you

#4 Dardan

Dardan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:23 PM

just tried it. didn't work. maybe i should have mentioned i'm doing this on fsx.

#5 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

Dardan, on Jan 15 2007, 04:23 PM, said:

just tried it. didn't work. maybe i should have mentioned i'm doing this on fsx.
I think the world is waiting for some of our accustomed FS2004 tools to be updated. I only use FS2004 but a friend has tried FSX with some existing FS2004 flightplans and finds that it works, with the exception that some FS2004 AI aircraft don't translate well to FSX. So based on that I'd expect you to see something.
Can you enlarge a little on "didn't work"? For example, is nothing at all showing, or are aircraft approaching but not landing, vanishing, or what?

Edited by johnfromoz, 15 January 2007 - 06:04 PM.

#6 Dardan

Dardan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

oh sorry. i was using ttools and trying to decompile the .bgl file for aircraft in the main scenery folder/world. that was what didn't work. it didint recognize the file since ttools is an old program and fsx is new. but i might try tomorrow what you said. ill do it on fs9 and then move it over to fsx.

Edited by Dardan, 15 January 2007 - 07:11 PM.

#7 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

Dardan, on Jan 15 2007, 07:11 PM, said:

oh sorry. i was using ttools and trying to decompile the .bgl file for aircraft in the main scenery folder/world. that was what didn't work. it didint recognize the file since ttools is an old program and fsx is new. but i might try tomorrow what you said. ill do it on fs9 and then move it over to fsx.
Perhaps don't replace the default traffic BGL - or at least if you play with it, hold a backup copy in reserve.
Test with downloaded plans, or small cut and pasted default plans or whatever. You can of course have any number of traffic BGLs active.
As I said, another factor may be the particular AI models you use. Some are portable to FSX and some are not. My friend mentioned that the old HTAI Pipers are fine but the payware Cessnas showed up, but didn't move. I hope the airliner AI is portable because otherwise it may be a long time before FSX gets decent, realistic commercial traffic.

#8 Dardan

Dardan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:00 PM

ok now that i've got the airports, aircraft and flightpaths decompiled with ttools how do i change the flight paths. i understand what some of those numbers mean but not all. some help would be appreciated.

#9 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

TTools doesn't change "paths" if by that you hope to have something like waypoints. You can change the airports visited en route by changing the four-letter ICAO codes (KXXX, LTXX, YXXX).
It is possible to create waypoints in TTools, generally in conjunction with AFCAD, but it's tricky and I don't think anyone is fully satisfied with the results.

#10 Dardan

Dardan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:43 PM

here's what it says for one. what do some of the numbers mean?

AC#45,N24680,20%,8Hr,IFR,00:35:16,03:43:43,290,F,5119,KLEX,04:35:13,07:43:39,300,F,5118,MMPB

#11 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:36 AM

Every one of those is clearly defined in the TTools manual.
From left to right;
- Aircraft number, from the TTools aircraft---.txt
- Aircraft rego or callsign
- Percentage setting in FS traffic settings above which the AI flight will appear
- Frequency at which the flightplan repeats
- IFR - just what it says, alternatively, VFR
- Two times, HH:MM:SS format, departure and arrival
- Cruising altitude (29,000 in the example)
- F or R - what ATC uses to address the aircraft, flight no or registration
- Flight number, up to 4 digits, and of no great relevance
- Destination airport for the preceding leg, departure point for next leg
... followed by the same details for the next leg, and ending at the "home" airport.

If after reading the manual you are still unclear about editing, we can help, but all I would do in general is paraphrase an already well written manual. :lol:

Edited by johnfromoz, 21 January 2007 - 02:42 AM.

#12 Dardan

Dardan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:44 AM

thanks so much. lol sorry about that, forgot about the manual :lol:.

#13 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

Dardan, on Jan 21 2007, 10:44 AM, said:

thanks so much. lol sorry about that, forgot about the manual :lol:.
I think it's linked through the "help" button, a good idea, but I am one of those used to having to dig the manual out and it could thus be overlooked!
There are more things to TTools, like weekly schedules, touch-and-go circuits, creating near-static aircraft, and even waypoints - but not without being comfortable with basics. :shifty:

#14 Dardan

Dardan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:23 PM

ah. thank a lot for your help man. you don't know who much i appreciate it. i got everything now, cause of you mostly :lol:. i created my first two flight paths and they seem to work perfectly on fsx.

#15 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

i created my first two flight paths and they seem to work perfectly on fsx
I don't have FSX but a friend tells me FS9 plans seem to work. I think there may be a couple of changes in how FSX handles AI, as there was from FS8 to FS9, but back then the plans were portable, too.

#16 peter10

peter10

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:14 AM

Naww, You Just Ask The Plane Very Nicely To Fly :lol:

Peter :angry:

#17 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:47 PM

You might also visit AVSIM's file library and look for AiSort by Frank Salter.  From the description, it looks like it can do FSX flightplans.  Haven't tried it myself yet, but it's worth a look-see.