- - - - -

Multiple Planes parking at the same spot?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 jvicaai

jvicaai

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:35 AM

i have a spot in my airport that seems to attract multiple aircraft to park in it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Why are so many planes parking in that spot.. i have plenty of other spots available when they do it...?

Thanks for the help :lol:

#2 jvicaai

jvicaai

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:26 PM

no one?

#3 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

What airport is this and what "place" are the specifically parking at?

#4 jvicaai

jvicaai

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:54 PM

its a custom airport that doesn't really exist... the one they are parking at is the one to the right of the one that is discolored

Edited by jvicaai, 30 January 2007 - 07:55 PM.

#5 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

jvicaai, on Jan 28 2007, 03:35 AM, said:

i have a spot in my airport that seems to attract multiple aircraft to park in it
Are we talking multiple aircraft at the same time? or just many various types of aircraft but only one at a time?

If it's multiple aircraft at the same time, you've got more than one parking spot there.  Move the spot you can see, and check to make sure there isn't another one (or two or three) spots hiding underneath it.

If it's just various types but only one at a time, try restricting that parking spot to a specific airline.  If there is no airline specified for a spot, ATC will park anything of the correct size for that spot, at any time, especially if there are other aircraft parked next to that spot.  My guess is that those spots are around the terminal; the way to stop the GA and charter air services from using those spots is to go ahead and designate airlines for all the terminal spots.  Then, when a GA or charter air service lands, ATC will look for the first (nearest) parking spot of the correct size, where:

Priority 1: the airline is the first choice for the parking spot.
Priority 2: the airline is the second choice for the parking spot.
Priority 3: there is no airline designated for the parking spot.
Priority 4: the first available spot regardless of the airline(s) assigned to the spot.

Your GA and charter air service aircraft should bounce off 1 and 2 and meet 3, thus getting directed to an undesignated parking spot of the correct size.  Just make sure you have enough of the correct sized spots for the amount of traffic you have coming in.  (If you have 8 GA-Medium aircraft arriving, but only 2 parking spots, 6 of those aircraft are going to meet Priority 4 and be parked anywhere ATC can fit 'em, even it means putting them at the terminal parking spots.)

Edited by sarge, 30 January 2007 - 08:15 PM.

#6 jvicaai

jvicaai

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:27 PM

mulitple aircraft are parking there at the same time... i've moved it and it appears that it is the only spot, i have even deleted it and put it back and still nothing improves.. I"m not really sure why it does that...

#7 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:45 PM

jvicaai, on Jan 30 2007, 09:27 PM, said:

mulitple aircraft are parking there at the same time... i've moved it and it appears that it is the only spot, i have even deleted it and put it back and still nothing improves.. I"m not really sure why it does that...
Hmmmmmm.  Strange.  One other thing to check would be your flightplans.  Do you have multiple traffic .bgl files?  If so, do you have the same aircraft (or airline) called out in each of the flightplans.txt files for each of the traffic .bgl files?

(For instance, you have a flightplan for AC#1050 in flightplans.txt for your default traffic .bgl file, but have that same flightplan called out in the flightplans.txt file for the Airlines_Traffic.bgl file, and the same flightplan again called out in the flightplans.txt file for Commercial_Traffic.bgl file.  That could conceivably give you three aircraft on top of each other at the same parking spot.)

Edit:  One other thing I just thought of ..... how many copies of that AFCAD do you have in the FS9 directories?  For instance, if you have one in the default FS9/Scenery/xxxx area, and another copy in FS9/AddOn Scenery/Scenery directory, and another one in FS9/AddOn Scenery/{new airport}/Scenery directory, then FS9 may be reading 3 parking spots there because there are 3 separate AFCADs for that airport.  Make sure you only have ONE copy of your AFCAD in the FS9 directory structure.

Edited by sarge, 30 January 2007 - 10:08 PM.

#8 jvicaai

jvicaai

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:07 PM

maybe, i do have two seperate traffic files, i'll check to see if i have any duplicate plans, thanks for the help

#9 jvicaai

jvicaai

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for the help sarge.. i assigned some of my spots to SWA instead of un-assigned... i think it might have helped but i haven't been flying enough to know for sure.. :lol:

Edited by jvicaai, 01 February 2007 - 10:14 PM.

#10 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:16 AM

jvicaai, on Feb 1 2007, 11:14 PM, said:

Thanks for the help sarge.. i assigned some of my spots to SWA instead of un-assigned... i think it might have helped but i haven't been flying enough to know for sure.. :lol:
Keep in mind the way ATC parks aircraft:

1st choice:  the nearest parking spot of the correct size where the first parking code (i.e., SWA) is the same as the aircraft's parking code;

2nd choice:  the nearest parking spot of the correct size where the second parking code (i.e., SWA) is the same as the aircraft's parking code;

3rd choice:  the nearest parking spot of the correct size where there is no parking code assigned to the spot;

4th choice:  the nearest parking spot of the correct size regardless of any parking codes assigned

When you set up your parking spots, try to put some kind of parking code on each of them, even if it's just a general aviation code

GA Jet - Heavy,40,140,80,G008
GA Jet - Medium,40,140,70,G007
GA Jet - Small,40,140,60, G006
GA Multi-Prop - Heavy,40,140,50,G005
GA Multi-Prop - Medium,40,140,40,G004
GA Multi-Prop - Small,40,140,30,G003
GA Single Prop - Heavy,40,140,20,G002
GA Single Prop - Medium,40,140,10,G001
GA Single Prop - Small,40,140,0,G000
That way, airlines will tend to be parked at spots with airline parking codes, military will tend to be parked at spots with military parking codes, and general aviation will go to those general aviation spots.