12 replies to this topic

#1 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

Posting for a freind whom needs a Simflyers KLAS AFCAD. There are some on AVsim I know. But when she installs those the aircraft are still misaligned and taxi on the grass, and some park in the terminal, or past the airport fence. As if default AFCAD was being used. Anybody know whats wrong?

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

Tamiami Pilot, on Feb 1 2007, 10:54 PM, said:

Posting for a freind whom needs a Simflyers KLAS AFCAD. There are some on AVsim I know. But when she installs those the aircraft are still misaligned and taxi on the grass, and some park in the terminal, or past the airport fence. As if default AFCAD was being used. Anybody know whats wrong?
There are three AFCADs on AVSIM for simFlyers' KLAS, although the description on one leads me to believe that it is a reworked default AFCAD for the simFlyers' scenery, not a reworked simFlyers' AFCAD.  Question: is your friend running the demo simFlyers' KLAS? or did your friend purchase the registration key that opens up the full package?  Without the reg key, a lot of the scenery features are not available/not shown.

#3 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:26 PM

Full version. With the service trucks and gates etc...none of the demo boxes.

#4 DeLaGhetto

DeLaGhetto

formerly Norad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

Why use simflyers when you can use fly tampa???

#5 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

Daddy_Yankee, on Feb 2 2007, 03:28 PM, said:

Why use simflyers when you can use fly tampa???
FlyTampa doesnt have Vegas.

#6 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:50 PM

Tamiami Pilot, on Feb 2 2007, 04:26 PM, said:

Full version. With the service trucks and gates etc...none of the demo boxes.
Hmmmm.  Strange.  Okay, let's take this:

As if default AFCAD was being used
It's possible that when simFlyers did their AFCAD, they dislocated the runways/taxiways/ramps to their correct locations.  Now, couple that with a new airport reference point for the redesigned airport that does not have the same coords as the default KLAS.  When you do that, if you don't do a Delete Airport .bgl (per the bgl_comp SDK), it's possible for FS9 to see both airports, since the ARP's are different.  That would explain the aircraft being misaligned with the new scenery and taxiing on grass adjacent to the new taxiways.

Not saying that's the problem, but it's the only thing I can figure out right now.  I had that problem initially when I was converting ME16 to KLIZ; it wasn't until I did the Delete Airport .bgl that I got rid of everything that was in the default ME16.

Has she contacted simFlyers about the discrepancy?  Should be a "Contact Us" link on their website somewhere ......

#7 DeLaGhetto

DeLaGhetto

formerly Norad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:05 PM

OMG my bad i got confused...though it was KSAN lol  :angry:

:lol:  :shifty:  :P

#8 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:09 PM

Yes she did. She got a freindly email, stating they don't provide support for that product anymore.

#9 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:17 PM

Tamiami Pilot, on Feb 2 2007, 09:09 PM, said:

Yes she did. She got a freindly email, stating they don't provide support for that product anymore.
Oops!  Bad news ..... sounds like they're leaving FS9 behind for other things (FSX?).  There's gotta be a way to figure this thing out, though .... there's only x amount of things it could be.

Let's see .... on AVSIM, there's an AFCAD for simFlyers' KLAS by Sean E. and another one by Adrian Norman.  She's tried both of those? Did she remove the AFCAD that came with simFlyers' KLAS before trying one of the others? and then remove that one before trying the other?  What happens when she just uses the simFlyers' KLAS AFCAD that came with the package?

#10 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:25 PM

She says its the same. Shes tried almost every scenario out there.

#11 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:17 PM

Tamiami Pilot, on Feb 2 2007, 09:25 PM, said:

She says its the same. Shes tried almost every scenario out there.
Would she be willing to grab a couple of screenshots that I can look at?  (I don't have the simFlyers' KLAS, so I can't check it myself.)  Here's what I would like to get a look at:

1.  Make sure only the simFlyers' AFCAD for KLAS is in any of the FS9 directories.
2.  Open that airport in AFCAD, then minimize AFCAD.
3.  Create a flight at KLAS in FS9.
4.  Taxi (whatever) aircraft to a problem area and take a screenshot.
5.  Minimize FS9 and bring AFCAD back up; center the AFCAD display on the red crosshair and take a second screenshot.

(She'll need the current version (unregistered is okay) of FSUIPC.  If she doesn't have it, just do a Google for Peter Dawson to get to his main website and then download the current version.  Unpack it into the FS9/Modules directory.  This will allow AFCAD to reflect aircraft location in FS9 when both are open.)

It would be good (but not essential right now) if she could do those same steps for the other 2 or 3 AFCADs she has for that scenery.  That way, I can see the alignment/conflict between the AFCAD and the FS9 display, and maybe find where the problem is, and maybe some things to try to solve it.  As a last resort, we may need to talk her through the use of AFCAD to make some adjustments to the existing airport's AFCAD.  (It's not really all that hard.)

PM me if there's anything else.  (BTW:  I'm moving this into the AFCAD forum; this is TRULY an AFCAD problem.)

Edited by sarge, 02 February 2007 - 10:20 PM.

#12 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

Alright, Ill relay the message. Thanks for all this help Sarge.

#13 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:57 PM

Tamiami Pilot, on Feb 3 2007, 09:23 PM, said:

Alright, Ill relay the message. Thanks for all this help Sarge.
NP; with Lee Swody gone missing, those of us with intimate knowledge of AFCAD have to take up the slack.  PM me for an email address; it'll be quicker than trying to do all the leg-work in the forums.  We can post the solution in the forums after we've found out what needs to be done.   :lol: