3 replies to this topic

#1 wnfaknd

wnfaknd

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 09:43 PM

Finally the weater was nice enough and I did my first solo.
I expected it to be more exciting from what I've been reading from others (here and other websites).  However, the .8 hours, 3 landings pattern were pretty uneventful and well... I didn't think it was that much of a big deal.  I think the problem is that I was long overdue to do this, about 10 hours overdue as the weather was never good enough to solo before.  So I guess since I've been so ready, it wasnt all that.  It was cool though, but just not all that.  I think my instructor was more excited than me :o
Then he wanted to cut my shirt with scissors, i said; no way! this is is the only shirt i have. LOL.  We also went to take a polaroid afterwards, but there was no film... LMAO.  My instructor told me to take a big mental picture.

Anyway...

#2 Andy22

Andy22

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:39 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!....hmmmmm however, I do see a pattern developing here from my own experience!! I was glad to get my first solo out of the way, even though I had only done 10 hours total time, but having spent so many hours on the simulator over the years, I felt the same - as if it was WAY overdue - and I wasn't all that over the moon dancing around naked happy about it, but my instructor was - and to add to that, just as you had, there was no film in the polaroid to take the photo either!!! lol - maybe we fly at the same school???? lol

#3 wnfaknd

wnfaknd

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 11:29 PM

LOL :o

#4 Pavehawk

Pavehawk

Contributor\Download Manager

• Download Manager