13 replies to this topic

#1 Fokker_F27

Fokker_F27

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

1- I just made an afcad for TNCE. The problem is, that there is autogen scenery all over the apron. Does anyone know how to get rid of these sneaky little trees?
2- Is there a way I can load an Afcad into FSSC to add buildings?
3- is there a way to change the texture of the taxyways?

And a non-afcad related question:
I don't find the default island of Eustatius very realistic. Is there a more accurate version available to download somewhere?

#2 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:55 AM

View PostFokker_F27, on Apr 3 2007, 02:50 PM, said:

The problem is, that there is autogen scenery all over the apron. Does anyone know how to get rid of these sneaky little trees?

Yes, there's a utility on Avsim which can generate exclusion areas. Those are xml files which tell the sim where not to create autogen - as far as I know anyway.

#3 Fokker_F27

Fokker_F27

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:19 AM

Ok, thanks! :lol:

Edit: hmmm, I can't seem to find it. Do you know the name or the ID to the file?

Edited by Fokker_F27, 04 April 2007 - 05:25 AM.

#4 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:31 AM

I think it's this one.

#5 Fokker_F27

Fokker_F27

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:33 AM

Thanks a lot! :lol:

#6 Fokker_F27

Fokker_F27

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:19 AM

It doesn't seem to work... :lol:

#7 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:28 PM

View PostFokker_F27, on Apr 3 2007, 03:50 PM, said:

1- I just made an afcad for TNCE. The problem is, that there is autogen scenery all over the apron. Does anyone know how to get rid of these sneaky little trees?
2- Is there a way I can load an Afcad into FSSC to add buildings?
3- is there a way to change the texture of the taxyways?
1.  Excbuilder (search AVSIM file library), or look in this site's Tutorials/Knowledge Base for my tut on how to write an exclusion zone and compile to .bgl file.

2.  No.

3.  You would have to change the default textures that AFCAD uses ({drive}:\[FS9 directory}\Texture).  Doing that will change ALL taxiway textures throughout the entire world.

#8 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:02 PM

View Postsarge, on Apr 6 2007, 04:28 PM, said:

Doing that will change ALL taxiway textures throughout the entire world.
Or maybe you can try something different.
Change all taxiways' surface you want to alter to a rare-used one, such as coral or brick. Well, it will affect its behavior but not too much. Then replace the texture of the original (coral, brick or whatever you choose) for the one you want and you have "custom" textures for that airport.

#9 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

View PostAntimod, on Apr 6 2007, 06:02 PM, said:

Change all taxiways' surface you want to alter to a rare-used one, such as coral or brick. Well, it will affect its behavior but not too much. Then replace the texture of the original (coral, brick or whatever you choose) for the one you want and you have "custom" textures for that airport.
That still changes that particular texture wherever it's used around the world.  AFCAD uses the default FS9 textures; the only way to change them is with a global change, such as overwriting them with the Airport Environment Upgrade textures.  Changing coral to something else will result in changes on island strips where coral texture is used, same for anything else that's selected.

There IS another way, and that is to design the entire airport in GMAX and only use AFCAD for the taxilines, ramp routes, and navaid/ATC frequencies.  TCY would be the resident expert on designing an airport wholly in GMAX.

#10 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:41 AM

View PostFokker_F27, on Apr 4 2007, 07:19 AM, said:

It doesn't seem to work... :lol:
EXCbuilder needs FSconnect in place.
Also go to AVSIM and download David "Opa" Marshall's tutorial on using it, that covers enough basics to start you off.

#11 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:35 PM

View Postsarge, on Apr 6 2007, 09:41 PM, said:

View PostAntimod, on Apr 6 2007, 06:02 PM, said:

That still changes that particular texture wherever it's used around the world.  AFCAD uses the default FS9 textures; the only way to change them is with a global change, such as overwriting them with the Airport Environment Upgrade textures.  Changing coral to something else will result in changes on island strips where coral texture is used, same for anything else that's selected.
You're completely right, I just wanted to point out with the coral thing that there are some textures which are very rarely used in FS. He will most likely never see another brick taxiway for instance. :lol:

#12 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:56 PM

View PostAntimod, on Apr 8 2007, 04:35 PM, said:

You're completely right, I just wanted to point out with the coral thing that there are some textures which are very rarely used in FS. He will most likely never see another brick taxiway for instance. :angry:
One more thing to consider, too.  The default MSFS textures are not used SOLELY for one thing; they more often than not appear on just about anything.  The concrete taxiway texture, for instance, can just as easily appear as a building wall.  Changing "brick" to a lighter, shale-colored concrete will also change whatever building has that brick texture on it.  The only textures I know for CERTAIN that are "dedicated" textures are the sky, water, and aircraft textures.  Anything else is a crap shoot and you modify them at your own risk.  :lol:

#13 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

View Postsarge, on Apr 8 2007, 03:56 PM, said:

View PostAntimod, on Apr 8 2007, 04:35 PM, said:

You're completely right, I just wanted to point out with the coral thing that there are some textures which are very rarely used in FS. He will most likely never see another brick taxiway for instance. :wub:
One more thing to consider, too.  The default MSFS textures are not used SOLELY for one thing; they more often than not appear on just about anything.  The concrete taxiway texture, for instance, can just as easily appear as a building wall.  Changing "brick" to a lighter, shale-colored concrete will also change whatever building has that brick texture on it.  The only textures I know for CERTAIN that are "dedicated" textures are the sky, water, and aircraft textures.  Anything else is a crap shoot and you modify them at your own risk.  :angry:
Hoops. :lol: :lol:

#14 vozpilot

vozpilot

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:08 PM

as for the taxiway textures, there are files here such as REPro :lol: