3 replies to this topic

#1 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:38 AM

hi, ive made an afcad, with two runways and parking and gates. please tell me how to add taxiways and buildings. i need gmax for buildings obviously;y. ive made an intl for a town near where i live.

i need help with the buildings so if your willing t help pm me or msn:

irulelife@hotmail.com

thanks,

--.....the one.....--

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:07 PM

View Posttheone, on Apr 8 2007, 10:38 AM, said:

please tell me how to add taxiways and buildings.
Taxiways -- look at the AFCAD toolbar.  You should see three icons that are similar; the one on the left should have a black line between two small nodes (that's for making runway centerlines), the one in the middle should have a blue line (for making taxiways), and the one on the right should have a green line (for making ramp routes leading to/from taxiways and parking spots).  Use the blue one to lay out the taxiway paths and then highlight the line you create to set the width and textures of the taxiways.  CAUTION:  make sure your runway centerlines, taxiways, and ramp routes are connected node-to-node.  It is easy to create a disconnected path by having nodes overlap but not actually connnected; and, that will render the pathway absolutely useless to ATC for routing aircraft to/from the parking spots.

Building -- not possible in AFCAD.  You will need some other program to place scenery objects (Rwy 12 Object Placer, EZ Scenery, SBuilder, etc.) or write your own XML placements and compile the XML using bglcomp.  AFCAD is not a scenery design program; it creates the "invisible" data that ATC uses to manage aircraft.  Some parts of the AFCAD display are visible (runways, taxiways, ramps, ramp routes) but only so long as the AFCAD (non-valued) is not overridden by a valued layer.

#3 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

thanks so much

#4 vozpilot

vozpilot

Commercial Pilot

• Members