mobisone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

OK Sarge...
what governs the ILS course data?

i got a feeling  that the data that show the direction/ course for our FS2004/Flightsim World Int Airport is off.

according from my exsperience doing a particular approach for the coastal runway the course data is 5 or more deg* off.

i find that course heading 303 lines me up good. what do i need to edit in the afcad data to change the course heading for this ILS?

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:06 PM

View Postmobisone, on Apr 14 2007, 01:37 PM, said:

OK Sarge...
what governs the ILS course data?
i got a feeling  that the data that show the direction/ course for our FS2004/Flightsim World Int Airport is off.
according from my exsperience doing a particular approach for the coastal runway the course data is 5 or more deg* off.
i find that course heading 303 lines me up good. what do i need to edit in the afcad data to change the course heading for this ILS?
That's what I've been working on, and so far four problems found:

1.  Rwys 26L/26R/8L/8R each have their own ILS, but you've got backcourse enabled on all four of them.  If the the runway has its own ILS, you don't need a backcourse for an approach from the other end, it has its own ILS.  Goto each runway and uncheck the backcourse.  Backcourse is used when there's only one ILS for both ends of the runway; if each end has its own ILS, you don't use the backcourse option.

2.  You have the magvar set at (+) 13.0 degrees.  The island is located on a West longitude.  Magvar is a positive value for East longitudes, and a negative value for West longitudes.  Change it to -13.0 degrees.  And remember that a runway may be designated Rwy 8 (80 degrees), but be laid out pointing 75.693 true.  (You may need to delete the runways one at a time and reinsert them for the magvar change to take effect.  Not necessarily true all the time, but there have been times when that was my only option.)

(NOTE:  Between 1 & 2, you may be able to correct the deviations you're experiencing.)

3.  You have hold-short (red) nodes all over one of the parking areas; hold-short nodes are used ONLY in close proximity to a runway to "hold short" aircraft taxiing onto/across the runway to prevent collisions with aircraft landing/taking-off.  Change to ramp route (green) nodes.

4.  You have a broken link on Rwy 10/28, and several along the taxiway system to the water runway.  Those broken links will prevent AI aircraft from moving along those routes, and ATC will not direct user-flown aircraft on them either since the path is not continuous.

Other than the fact that my B-52G needs 10,000 feet of concrete to land/take-off safely (longest FSIS runway is 8650 ft), and my outboard wingtip gear are hanging off the runway surface because my wingspan is 185 ft (widest FSIS runway is 150 ft), I haven't had any problems flying into FSIS.

#3 mobisone

mobisone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

:lol: :angry:  

WELL Done Sarge! you have completed your assigned mission!

The Design team thanks you.

Lock this topic Sargent!