98 replies to this topic

#1 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:42 PM

I want to see new enhanced strobe lights that shine on the ground at night like in real life, and beacon lights also.

I also want to see enhanced FPS, the least it should drop to is 15.

Also, unlike in FSX, make the highways line up with the autogen realisticly! In FSX, there are highways flopping all over the place, and use google earth as terrain and make it 3D :lol: (including airports, moving jetways) but no shots of flat photoreal aircraft :lol: same with clouds

Don't really need to see that much weather change

These are the default planes I want to see:

737-300 (orbit airlines, etc, etc, with a realistic VC, like the Wilco 737)

Probably the Airbus A330 or A340 (with realistic VC)

Cessna 182

Gulfstream IV (instead of Learjet)

Concorde (instead of B747)

DC-9 (as AI)

SAAB 2000 (as AI)

Cessna 152 (as AI)

I actually don't really want light bloom in the next FS, it looks like a nuclear bomb and takes off like 10FPS. I want the sun to be more like FS9 :D

And the water needs to be changed, I want water rippling at 12knots or more! :angry:

And the water should be soapy when it's really ripply. :wub:

Don't know if they'd do all that, but we'll see :P

#2 Ashton Lawson

Ashton Lawson

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:21 PM

3D water, with waves and foam (if i can do that in my own game, so can they)
3D wakes, again with foam and froth (if i can do that in my own game, so can they)
more 3D trees, rather than the cardboard cut out generic ones (again, if i can do that in my own game, so can they)
land textures without roads, so actual dynamic ones don't cross over and look strange...
because the water would now be 3D, inland water can be realistically generated, rather than the silly inland ocean style water now
true HDR with the sun
dynamic shadows, for both scenery, and autogen, along with aircraft, all shadowing or being shadowed by one another
smoother virtual cockpit movements, no jerkyness when moving the control column
aircraft breakage, and realistic damage, to simulate real-world emergency conditions
more realistic clouds
more shaders utilized to help process heat blur things, either in deserts, or from jet exhausts
GPU physics processing for particles, for the way they would flow around aircraft, and generate vortices, like an Extra 300s flying through its own smoke
possibly multi-core service splitting, e.g. player physics, AI physics, sound processing, etc. placed on different cores
voice recognition for ATC and co-pilot commands
inbuilt support for mutliple aircraft types, e.g. conventional fixed-wing, rotary aircraft, VTOL/STOVL
alternative landing systems: e.g. aircraft trapping, for carrier ops
new feature, ATC, where you play as ATC in normal Flight, but you must run the airport properly, with AI aircraft departing and arriving

thats all i can think of so far...

who wants to bet, they won't do that stuff...

#3 SpinStall

SpinStall

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:07 PM

More single engine planes and make them 1 step more complicated!!!!

And for god's sake, let the Dash 8-100 and Cherokee 180 flyable!!!!!!!! WHY NOT???

#4 SuperCar1000

SuperCar1000

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:59 PM

Overall... MORE FPS !!!!!!!!

#5 Strato-Cruizer

Strato-Cruizer

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:42 AM

Instead of clouds. I want proper weather systems like Hurricanes !!.  It should be realistic so that as you get closer the weather gets more extreme.  And storm must have an eye. Imagine fyling into the eyeof the storm.

if you've watched the Day after tomorow then you'll know what kind of storm im talking about here. lol Big Hurricane

Wow :lol:  my imagination is going wild lol

if only it could be done

Edited by Strato-Cruizer, 17 April 2007 - 05:44 AM.

#6 Amy Cooper

Amy Cooper

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:00 AM

..Lots of different planes, and the airports and landscape should be a bit better from the beginning. I wouldn't need any wildlife around since the main thing is flying.

At the end I don't need much more gimmicks..than FS9. Better they program it to be fast on average machines...

#7 acosell

acosell

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:09 AM

I want it to look, smell, feel, taste, and sound just like flying at the local airpark in every aspect except cost, and I want to be able to run it on my 5 year old desktop.

Edited by acosell, 17 April 2007 - 07:09 AM.

#8 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,952 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:39 AM

Photo real all the way... !

#9 Delta Airlines 150

Delta Airlines 150

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:52 AM

What I expect from FSXI (the XI is for eleven for those who don't read roman numeral)

---Better graphics on the planes (the plane's are made of painted crome, so I want them shining!)

---Better crash physics

---Roads that don't look like a baby ####### on it

---Storms (like Strato-Cruizer said)

---SLI Enabled Graphics

---Better looking terrain so the buildings don't look like they're sitting on that baby #### I mentioned earlier

---The ability to play music in flight

And I haven't even played the :lol: thing yet! lol

#10 Salsy1

Salsy1

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:19 AM

Better ATC and photo realistic graphics of entire world!

#11 MrSteve

MrSteve

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:13 PM

What I want... Maybe for people to stop posting this question once a month.

#12 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

View PostMrSteve, on Apr 17 2007, 05:13 PM, said:

What I want... Maybe for people to stop posting this question once a month.

Hi MrSteve,

I want you to know that that comment of yours was fairly rude and I want you to consider that. Coming in here and ruining someone's topic like that is considered spam. I also want to see opinions not because I want to make FSX or FS9 look bad I just want to see other people's interests. :angry:

You have to right to feel that this is an annoying topic, but going into the topic and posting useless information isn't going to change anything, is it? :lol:

I'm not trying to get this topic locked, so please, people, keep it clean. :lol:

#13 Beefcake

Beefcake

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

Yes, more (much more) photorealism, and perhaps extra difficulty, as in realism to it.

#14 rabbitweasel

rabbitweasel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

There's really just 1 thing I want from the next fs and that's a completely rewritten game engine. Everything else will improve from there like fps and effects.

#15 ClubCX

ClubCX

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

uhh..  before you start commenting on graphical improvements, wait and see what difference DX10 makes to FSX.  The artist's rendering included sea foam, so who knows, it may be there already.

#16 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

I think that before Microsoft Flight Simulator goes much further they need to make FSX playable on a computer like mine and I know FSX already can but not like FS9 can I think they should rework FSX to be wayyy more efficient so we can see FPS like FS9 gives us with medium to high settings rather than low. I really think they are digging themselves into a hole by creating more graphically intense and more computer intensive software rather than trying to make what they have efficient while improving alot like Fly Tampa Sceneries have done they make their sceneries the best avaliaible with little or no FPS hit Micro Soft could do it too if they actually tried...

and no im not trying to bash this thread Ill put the things Id like to see below but Im just pointing out I think they need to become more efficient as computers have already become extremely fast and it seems to be coming to an ever so close asymptote.

Things I would like to see.

- No Scenery texture blurs when high up in the sky.
- Better FPS ( I think I made my point clear up above :lol:).
- Storms would be cool like Hurricanes or Tornadoes and such.
- More systems like having detailed systems on a 737 or any airliner for that matter, like the whole overhead panel and FMC etc. (if they worked with a third party making something like that and put it in the deluxe version or something.)
- integrate everything more smoothly so nothing looks tacky or out of place in the flight sim if they just spent a little more time on the little bit more smaller details.

my 2 cents

-AmericanAirFan

Also to expand on how to make it more efficient is to code it a little better, but the easiest way to make it more efficient is to take advantage of dual core processing and SLI as someone said above also if they could try and figure out how to make it not take as much RAM.

Edited by AmericanAirFan, 17 April 2007 - 05:59 PM.

#17 Ashton Lawson

Ashton Lawson

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

i want support for RC helicopters and planes!

what?  i fly RC helis and stuff...

#18 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

I agree with Mr. Steve we have seen this post quite a bit,  but here is my answer anyway, next time Microsoft comes out with another edition of their flight simulator franchise, don't rush it out, like the last few times.  By that I mean when I play a game I want to play it at max settings, but Microsofts beliefs is that by having a game that you can't play at max settings
and no cpu can at fsx, this extends the shelf life of the game, since the hardware and software is not even their yet to play the game, at least for another year or so.

I like fsx, but hopefullly the bugs get fixed, and sp1 helps out, which I have confidence in.

As far as another edition, I think most of us are just trying to figure out how to play fsx and enjoy it. will tink about the future another time.

#19 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

View Postrsperge, on Apr 17 2007, 10:22 PM, said:

I agree with Mr. Steve we have seen this post quite a bit,  but here is my answer anyway, next time Microsoft comes out with another edition of their flight simulator franchise, don't rush it out, like the last few times.  By that I mean when I play a game I want to play it at max settings, but Microsofts beliefs is that by having a game that you can't play at max settings
and no cpu can at fsx, this extends the shelf life of the game, since the hardware and software is not even their yet to play the game, at least for another year or so.

I like fsx, but hopefullly the bugs get fixed, and sp1 helps out, which I have confidence in.

As far as another edition, I think most of us are just trying to figure out how to play fsx and enjoy it. will tink about the future another time.

Thinking about the future especially in terms of flight simulator is actually a good thing. While making sure nothing bad happens in the future, we are also saving many other people from buying new hardware and still having fs run slowly on it.

You already know the DX10 patch is coming out eventually, why think about something you already know? :lol:

#20 CAT19_Hitman

CAT19_Hitman

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,970 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

Better performance!