3 replies to this topic

#1 3rd Wire

3rd Wire

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

i looked at the readme, but didn't help.

I finished my AFCAD (Area 51 by the way), and now to get ingame. At first I though you just added it in a folder (named of choice) in addon scenery , added it in the the scenery library, and your done. Do you need a texture folder?

Oh ya when I tried adding it in scenery library I clicked the folder and nothing was in the toolbar. I checked fault finder and shes all good.

Posted Image

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

What readme?  Did you download the AFCAD from somewhere, or make it yourself?  If you made it yourself, there shouldn't BE a readme unless you wrote it.  :lol:

If all you have is the AFCAD .bgl file, you can put it in {FS8 main dir}\Addon Scenery\Scenery.  That location should already be loaded in your Scenery Library, so the sim will pick up your modified AFCAD straight away.  If you have 3D objects and textures associated with them (besides the default FS9 texture set), then you will also need to load the texture files into {FS8 main dir}\Addon Scenery\Texture.  The only time you need to load your new scenery into the Scenery Library is if you create a new sub-folder in \Addon Scenery\ ..... i.e., {FS8 main dir}\Addon Scenery\Area 51.  To load it that way, you need the main sub-folder {FS8 main dir}\Addon Scenery\Area 51, plus {FS8 main dir}\Addon Scenery\Area 51\Scenery (where your AFCAD and any other relevant .bgl files are), and {FS8 main dir}\Addon Scenery\Area 51\Texture.  Then you tell Scenery Library to "Add" and point it to the main {FS8 main dir}\Addon Scenery\Area 51 folder.  Shut down FS9 after you do that, then restart FS9.

#3 3rd Wire

3rd Wire

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

I got it now, and its running!

Hopefully there I can make more. Ill make a thred on it.

#4 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

Have you got AI to work there? I ask because I notice there are no hold-short nodes (red dots) just before the runways in your AFCAD screenie. I presume also you inserted stuff like tower frequencies?
Not trying to rain on your parade - AFCAD's a heap of fun.  :angry: Or an emotional roller-coaster if you get problems.  :lol:
Re needing a texture folder - the AFCAD itself doesn't. As Sarge said you only need one if the AFCAD is part of a package including 3D objects. But anyway, I'm one of those people who keeps almost all his AFCADs in one dedicated scenery folder (called "AFCAD" believe it or not) and therefore it does not have a texture folder.

Edited by johnfromoz, 03 May 2007 - 08:56 PM.