3 replies to this topic

#1 usaf_atc_mike

usaf_atc_mike

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

Hey, I have been working on an Anchorage AFCAD for about the last month, trying to make it as accurate as possible. However, my asphalt textures that are shown in AFCAD are shown as concrete in Flight Sim. Any idea as to whats going wrong and how to fix it?

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:08 PM

View Postusaf_atc_mike, on Apr 30 2007, 07:40 PM, said:

Hey, I have been working on an Anchorage AFCAD for about the last month, trying to make it as accurate as possible. However, my asphalt textures that are shown in AFCAD are shown as concrete in Flight Sim. Any idea as to whats going wrong and how to fix it?
Cheat, use the macadam texture where you want it to have the appearance of asphalt.  :lol:

#3 usaf_atc_mike

usaf_atc_mike

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:20 PM

Haha, I did try, but however still the same result, I tried all sorts of different textures and they all show up as concrete when i load up in FS.

#4 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

View Postusaf_atc_mike, on May 1 2007, 03:20 PM, said:

Haha, I did try, but however still the same result, I tried all sorts of different textures and they all show up as concrete when i load up in FS.
Just did a double-check of the default textures .... asphalt.r8 and concrete.r8 .... for some reason, they are the same textures.  Use dxtbmp to edit asphalt.r8 (open it in dxtbmp, send it to your graphics editor, change it to something that looks more like asphalt, then save it and change the extension to .r8).  It will be a global change (anything that uses asphalt.r8 will take on the look of the changed texture), but that should be for the better.