4 replies to this topic

#1 kamakazi

kamakazi

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

NOTE : Tutorial in progress - I'll prolly finish this in school or when I get home. :lol:

Now I know all of you people are wondering where other people get their cool skins for their computer. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a look at these :

Posted Image

Posted Image

You are pretty amazed because your old boring theme looks well... boring. I'm here to help you with that..

You will need the following :

WindowBlinds
$20 USD if you want the full package.

Yet again, we refer back to our friends at Win Customize for another good deal of shopping and selection. Changing themes in Window Blinds are not as complicated as changing another aspect of the computer. Once you find your theme, download it.. There are 2 ways you can import themes into Window Blinds..

V1 When downloading the file, Run (Open in FireFox) and when the file is complete, a tooltip from WindowBlinds will alert you that a new skin (theme) has been installed, and toclick here to switch to it. At this point, the theme is imported into Window Blinds, and it will be available to choose from the theme list. (You will see it in Window Blinds) If you clicked on the tooltip when it popped up, the computer will freeze, switch to the Classic version of the Windows Theme (The one you see on Win 2000 and below) and then to the new theme.

V2 The second way is slightly different. This time, instead of running the file, you will save it to your hdd. From there, you will open it, and the process from V1 should repeat itself. Your theme will be imported into Window Blinds  successfully.

Have fun..

==Tips===

1. Be creative. That's how you get the most out of this program.

2. You can change colors of the theme in Window Blinds. It doesn't save though.

3. Window Blinds 5 can be a little bit confusing and buggy. You can always try an earlier version of it. I recommend WB 4.

4. If you use Flight Simulators by Microsoft - WB will interfere with slider settings and it will cause the sim to crash if you use the kneeboard. To avoid this, unload WindowBlinds via the program or the taskbar icon. If you still want the theme, unload WB, and right click on the Desktop, go to Properties. Switch to Appearance. Go down to the Windows and Buttons scroll menu and choose the theme that you were using with WB. Click Apply, and Ok. The theme should change but WB shouldn't load. That it is. It doesn't work all the time though..

#2 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

kool tut, naught naughty FSP serial :lol: (sorry if u bought it)

--lol

#3 Captainmk

Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:24 PM

View PostRED1-the one, on May 25 2007, 09:54 PM, said:

kool tut, naught naughty FSP serial :angry: (sorry if u bought it)

--lol

:lol: Why were you closely examining his documents :lol:

#4 Prash

Prash

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

lol it stook out to me :lol:

#5 iKettles

iKettles