formerly uniTED Airline fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:36 AM

View Postnwafan1993, on Jul 25 2007, 09:24 AM, said:

View PostFokker_F27, on Jul 20 2007, 04:30 PM, said:

View PostUK pilot, on Jul 20 2007, 03:16 PM, said:

It isn't all inflight entertainment, you see, the problem with Americans is they are so demanding, I mean, who needs a PTV for the 2 hour flight you are going to be doing on one of these aircraft? British Airways have overhead TV's as shown in the photo. Also the actual aircraft that those US carriers have, like the McDonnell Douglas MD-80 and the 737, are not very nice to fly on, the A320 has a nice slick and smooth ride, one reason I fly BA short-haul out of Heathrow, I do not need to real with the old 737s they have!
JetBlue, Frontier, Spirit and Ted have an all-airbus fleet. And BA also flies 737s. Classics, in fact. And even if the US carriers use older aircraft, I really loved the MD-80 ride. The service was great and the ride was the quietest I've ever had, no kidding.

P.s. look at this Spirit A321 cabin:
http://www.airliners...file/1191875/M/

And this BA A319 cavin:
http://www.airliners...file/1189991/M/

P.s. This is really getting off-topic.

if you are going to compare a airline like British Airways which is a luxury airline then don't compare it to a lowfare airline where people just want to get the cheap tickets and get on the flight. :censored:

Also i think you were the one that said that the a319 and the 320 have smooth rides. first.... A320 are as smooth as the rocky mountains. I have been on enough a320's to say that. I fly on an a320/a319 maybe 3 or 5 times a year aand they are no smooth. The 757, 737 are alot better. :lol:

here is what would be a better comparison.

Jetblue Airways A320 Cabin
http://www.airliners...6...4&tbl=CABIN

British Airways A320 Cabin
http://www.airliners...7...D&tbl=CABIN

Much better comparison

i already stated that exact same comparison  on one of the other pages.  (i guess if it had a union flag on the back tail THEN he would like it..)

#102 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

I know I have already said MyTravel

But after flying with them again to Palma this week, I would definitely recommend them.

Service was excellent, as was the food

#103 Toshiba-the-3rd

Toshiba-the-3rd

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

Either Easyjet or Ryanair which everone is cheaper and has that route out of Liverpool :lol:

#104 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:59 PM

View PostUK pilot, on Jul 20 2007, 02:16 PM, said:

It isn't all inflight entertainment, you see, the problem with Americans is they are so demanding, I mean, who needs a PTV for the 2 hour flight you are going to be doing on one of these aircraft? British Airways have overhead TV's as shown in the photo. Also the actual aircraft that those US carriers have, like the McDonnell Douglas MD-80 and the 737, are not very nice to fly on, the A320 has a nice slick and smooth ride, one reason I fly BA short-haul out of Heathrow, I do not need to real with the old 737s they have!
christ, you really have it out for us don't you? stop stereotyping americans, in all reality I bet 10 people requested PTVs in JBU's aircraft and FFT's aircraft, that's all the airlines' choice. So don't complain about the airline because they have PTVs, that's in reality the worst argument you can come up with...PTVs are a GOOD thing for the airline to have

real old 737s? :lol: you ever flown a 73G? I'm guessing not, because it's just as smooth and quiet as the 320...320 is a bit wider, but that's the only real advantage to it's pax. 73G will allow for a higher, smoother cruise at FL410, and it's faster than the 320.

• Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

View PostFlying_Pie, on Jul 25 2007, 01:59 PM, said:

View PostUK pilot, on Jul 20 2007, 02:16 PM, said:

christ, you really have it out for us don't you? stop stereotyping americans, in all reality I bet 10 people requested PTVs in JBU's aircraft and FFT's aircraft, that's all the airlines' choice. So don't complain about the airline because they have PTVs, that's in reality the worst argument you can come up with...PTVs are a GOOD thing for the airline to have

real old 737s? :lol: you ever flown a 73G? I'm guessing not, because it's just as smooth and quiet as the 320...320 is a bit wider, but that's the only real advantage to it's pax. 73G will allow for a higher, smoother cruise at FL410, and it's faster than the 320.
Speaking of PTV you have to check out virgan americas one.
movies, internet, video games, chat with other people on the plane, full keyboard..it looks sweet.

#106 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:27 AM

I like all airlines...

#107 Wokhead

Wokhead

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:16 AM

I prefer to fly myself :lol: But We use Easyjet alot, basically as it's cheap. Plus I don't think airlines like BA are that much better to be honest

#108 kestrel

kestrel

formerly phil0510

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

View PostMakaveli, on Jul 25 2007, 05:16 PM, said:

But after flying with them again to Palma this week, I would definitely recommend them.

:censored: For MYT.. In your face too people who said they where :lol:    :)

Edited by kestrel, 26 July 2007 - 11:12 AM.

#109 3rd Wire

3rd Wire

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:43 AM

View PostWestjet737, on Jul 12 2007, 06:04 AM, said:

Posted Image
:censored:  :)  :lol:  :P  :D

+1 :)

Wait... I didn't know WestJet used winglets :hmmm: whats the little thing above and behind the cockpit

Edited by 3rd Wire, 26 July 2007 - 11:46 AM.

#110 Fokker_F27

Fokker_F27

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

View Postnwafan1993, on Jul 25 2007, 08:24 AM, said:

View PostFokker_F27, on Jul 20 2007, 04:30 PM, said:

View PostUK pilot, on Jul 20 2007, 03:16 PM, said:

JetBlue, Frontier, Spirit and Ted have an all-airbus fleet. And BA also flies 737s. Classics, in fact. And even if the US carriers use older aircraft, I really loved the MD-80 ride. The service was great and the ride was the quietest I've ever had, no kidding.

P.s. look at this Spirit A321 cabin:
http://www.airliners...file/1191875/M/

And this BA A319 cavin:
http://www.airliners...file/1189991/M/

P.s. This is really getting off-topic.

if you are going to compare a airline like British Airways which is a luxury airline then don't compare it to a lowfare airline where people just want to get the cheap tickets and get on the flight. :)

Also i think you were the one that said that the a319 and the 320 have smooth rides. first.... A320 are as smooth as the rocky mountains. I have been on enough a320's to say that. I fly on an a320/a319 maybe 3 or 5 times a year aand they are no smooth. The 757, 737 are alot better. :lol:

here is what would be a better comparison.

Jetblue Airways A320 Cabin
http://www.airliners...6...4&tbl=CABIN

British Airways A320 Cabin
http://www.airliners...7...D&tbl=CABIN

Much better comparison
Ummm, JetBlue is also a low-fare airline. :censored:

It wasn't me that was talking about smooth flights. The smoothness of your flight is 90% the weather conditions.

#111 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

View Post3rd Wire, on Jul 26 2007, 12:43 PM, said:

View PostWestjet737, on Jul 12 2007, 06:04 AM, said:

Posted Image
:censored:  :)  :lol:  :P  :D

+1 :)

Wait... I didn't know WestJet used winglets :hmmm: whats the little thing above and behind the cockpit

... A winglet maybe, seeing as there is one on the other wing!

#112 rabbitweasel

rabbitweasel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

As far as IFE goes, there's plenty of other airlines doing this now. Delta's song offers PTVs in their 2 class aircraft. Even Air Canada offers PTVs and they offer them in their little ol' RJs which some of them like the -900 really aren't that little and are close to the size of a 717. It's what people want even if it is a short 2 hour flight.

Posted Image

Edited by rabbitweasel, 26 July 2007 - 09:24 PM.

#113 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

View Postkestrel, on Jul 26 2007, 05:12 PM, said:

View PostMakaveli, on Jul 25 2007, 05:16 PM, said:

:censored: For MYT.. In your face too people who said they where :lol:    :)

:P .. The champage I ordered on board was rather nice too.. Defiantly will fly with them many times again

• Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:25 AM

View Postrabbitweasel, on Jul 26 2007, 09:23 PM, said:

As far as IFE goes, there's plenty of other airlines doing this now. Delta's song offers PTVs in their 2 class aircraft. Even Air Canada offers PTVs and they offer them in their little ol' RJs which some of them like the -900 really aren't that little and are close to the size of a 717. It's what people want even if it is a short 2 hour flight.

Posted Image

if you check seatguru.com lost large airlines have PTV's on 737 and up aircraft.