- - - - -

7e7 or A380?

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one do you like more?

Which one do you like more?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Captain

Captain

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:39 PM

Ok here are some thoughts I had these past view days.

Although I doubt that both aircraft will sell well in the near future because of the state most airlines are in. Al lot of them struggle to stay in business.

But I think the people at airbus played out their cards well, and why?

In the near future old 747's will be replaces by airline companies and they will look for similar aircraft. I think rather then buying a new 747 advanced they would choose a more modern and economic plane like the A380, Most likely the smaller 550 seat version. I think that's the marked Airbus is looking at.

Some people think there is no market for those big aircrafts but more for smaller aircrafts, but for most passengers the ticket price is more important.
The more people you can seat in an aircraft the cheaper the price for a ticket will be.

#122 FiveZeroBravo

FiveZeroBravo

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:59 PM

>Although I doubt that both aircraft will sell well in the near future because of the state most airlines are in.

There is more to the world than just the United States of America.

#123 Captain

Captain

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:47 AM

Who said I was talking about United States of America, ment world wide. :o

Take for example Alitalia, they aye in pretty bad shape.
Singapore Airlines got a financial beating during the sars breakout,
while many off their aircraft where grounded. (See the image below my posts)
And as the future is uncertain, many airline company may choose not to buy new aircraft so soon.

Here is todays news article...
First SARS, now high oil prices threaten Asian airlines

Update: I just got a visit form a friend who works at SIA and he told me this. Starting june 28th SIA will fly every day of the week from Amsterdam to Singapore with Boeing 777-200's. Now the 747's fly form New York via Amsterdam to Singapore. The part New York to Amsterdam will stopped. SIA will start a new direct route from New York to Singapore with new A340-500's.

What will happen to the 747's he doesn't know, but they will no longer fly the old route New York via Amsterdam to Singapore. I will miss flying those nice SIA 747's  :P

Edited by Captain, 16 May 2004 - 06:40 AM.

#124 FiveZeroBravo

FiveZeroBravo

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:08 PM

Let me restate,

There is more to the aviation world than then the United Sates, Alitalia, and SIA.

Many airlines outside the US are doing pretty good and having a positive income flow, most notably Emirates.

That also explains why they 737NG has reached 1,500 deliveries in 5 years, huh? We're in 04' 9/11 was 01. A good chunk of those are post 9/11.

Explain that one to me, please.

EDIT: SIA, also has a positive income flow, big bucks!  I do believe they have recovered from the SARS issue.

Edited by FiveZeroBravo, 16 May 2004 - 12:12 PM.

#125 Captain

Captain

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 01:15 PM

Well we will see what the future brings, but I hope they all recover and
that airbus and boeing do well.  :o

Edited by Captain, 16 May 2004 - 01:16 PM.