7 replies to this topic

#1 Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

Hong Kong, SAR - Once, one of the busiest and most acclaimed airports in aviation, Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong (VHHX), has reopened its doors once again to passenger and cargo service... at least in the virtual world of flight simulation.

9Dragons, originally began by Marcus Thompson (aka ‘Clutch' on most forums), as just a way to improve the look of the passenger terminal for his own personal flying pleasure, grew into a three year journey to recreate the entire Hong Kong area.  With fellow modelers, Frabrizio ‘Simbiosi' Pascucci and Eddie Chan, they developed the airport, Kowloon, Hong Kong and approximately 800 square miles of Hi-resolution and Lo-resolution photoreal textures for both day time and night time operation.

Quoting 9Dragons project manager Clutch Cargo, “This year will mark the 10th Anniversary of the closure of Kai Tak, yet the airport remains just as popular as when it was the 3rd busiest passenger airport and 2nd busiest cargo terminal in the world.  We felt we had an obligation to our fellow simmers to try and create a rendition of this icon in it's heyday, good enough where pilot's could test their flying skills in surroundings which would heighten their experience when trying to land on infamous RWY13.  However, this being our very 1st attempt at creating scenery, we weren't sure if we could pull this off."  

Interesting features include custom Gmax buildings of the terminal, HACTL cargo and HAECO maintenance facilities, Chek Lap Kok airport shown under construction, over 5,500 custom hand-created and placed autogen and a fully working curved IGS ‘Checkerboard' Approach system.  Designed for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, it is a free download available AVSIM.com, Flightsim.com and soon to be at Vista Australis (VOZ).   Additional information, screenshots and promotional videos may be seen at www.MileHighProductions.cwhnetworks.com .

Posted Image

#2 Ubeans2001

Ubeans2001

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

aw comeon....I was gullible there for a  second...  :lol:  I wish it would reopen

#3 Rich

Rich

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

Really rubbish website.

#4 Continental180

Continental180

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

this will confuse people big time, i would change the title a bit.

#5 h.V

h.V

formerly DiscoveryVACEO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:10 AM

View PostRich, on Jan 12 2008, 02:08 PM, said:

Really rubbish website.
+1

#6 BlUe WaVeS

BlUe WaVeS

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:28 PM

View PostF L Y B L U E, on Jan 19 2008, 01:39 PM, said:

this will confuse people big time, i would change the title a bit.
oh look who decided to criticize

#7 Dredd

Dredd

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

Very nice screenshots! Website is a little 'dowdy' looking, but the content is excellent! Well done, now, make it work for FSX so I can fly to it too!

#8 .Kevin

.Kevin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

Kai Tak has AES!! :lol: