- - - - -

VATools vs. VABase?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

Poll: VABase vs VATools

VABase vs. VATools

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Continental180

Continental180

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

yes myles...ugh, bad news, and that is why he doesnt post in this section anymore, becuase he is not liked period.

#22 clukas

clukas

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

Seriously!
VABASE is useless, I purchased their software, and waited about 3 months for any support. I later just modified it myself, and got it to work after about fixing 20 bugs. I am currently working on a virtual airline admin system which should be done in July! If you want a free va system just go to phpvms.
http://www.phpvms.net/
I don't recommend you to buy anything of vabase, unless you know php well.

#23 SmartJet

SmartJet

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

View Postclukas, on Apr 12 2009, 12:57 PM, said:

Seriously!
VABASE is useless, I purchased their software, and waited about 3 months for any support. I later just modified it myself, and got it to work after about fixing 20 bugs. I am currently working on a virtual airline admin system which should be done in July! If you want a free va system just go to phpvms.
http://www.phpvms.net/
I don't recommend you to buy anything of vabase, unless you know php well.
Im pretty sure most of us around here know all about VABASE and phpvms. Thanks for the info tho.

#24 v jetBlue CEO

v jetBlue CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

Hey there, to be honest I hate both of the systems equally. I haven't used VA Tools, but who thinks I'm going to place an order over MSN? VA Base, only if your strong with coding - because like what everyone said there support is very bad. Hope this helps you, maybe try finding someone to do it. Instead of paying the $40 for va base, pay $40 for someone to create a custom for you.

#25 v jetBlue CEO

v jetBlue CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

View PostF L Y B L U E, on Jan 21 2008, 05:37 PM, said:

yeah same here, use custom bidding system made for flyblue.

Sorry to go off-topic but.... I havnt seen a pr for flyblue in a while when is it launching or do you know?

#26 majesticair

majesticair

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

I bought VABase about a month ago and never got an e-mail or any product off them and have had to go through the paypal fraud system to get a refund.. Don't do it.

#27 v jetBlue CEO

v jetBlue CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

View PostMajesticAir, on Apr 12 2009, 04:09 PM, said:

I bought VABase about a month ago and never got an e-mail or any product off them and have had to go through the paypal fraud system to get a refund.. Don't do it.

Yeah, Adam took my old VA (skyblueva.com) out of the database just because he was mad about me continually asking for support.

#28 nw757

nw757

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:10 AM

If you pay for something, support must be included, or don't expect people to buy it.

#29 .Andrew

.Andrew

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:31 AM

Neither. Had horrible experiences with both!

#30 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:25 AM

Loyalty™ is a custom system that took 3 years to complete. It can do almost anything for a pilot. What I love about my system is code share features.

#31 LukeK

LukeK

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

View Postv jetBlue CEO, on Apr 12 2009, 04:11 PM, said:

Yeah, Adam took my old VA (skyblueva.com) out of the database just because he was mad about me continually asking for support.

You're paying $40, what did you expect? I'd be curious to see what percentage of support time is spent on basic configuration issues of the underlying stack, versus the app itself.

Cheers!

Luke

#32 SmartJet

SmartJet

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Apr 13 2009, 08:25 AM, said:

Loyalty™ is a custom system that took 3 years to complete. It can do almost anything for a pilot. What I love about my system is code share features.
I thought you just leached onto Sheikh's software...

What ever...

#33 v jetBlue CEO

v jetBlue CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

View PostLukeK, on Apr 13 2009, 11:13 AM, said:

View Postv jetBlue CEO, on Apr 12 2009, 04:11 PM, said:

You're paying $40, what did you expect? I'd be curious to see what percentage of support time is spent on basic configuration issues of the underlying stack, versus the app itself.

Cheers!

Luke

I expected only what they said they were going to give me, if you go to VA Base.com and look on the home page it says 24/7 support.

#34 LukeK

LukeK

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

View Postv jetBlue CEO, on Apr 13 2009, 12:50 PM, said:

I expected only what they said they were going to give me, if you go to VA Base.com and look on the home page it says 24/7 support.

24/7 doesn't mean unlimited.

Luke

#35 v jetBlue CEO

v jetBlue CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:07 PM

View PostLukeK, on Apr 13 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

View Postv jetBlue CEO, on Apr 13 2009, 12:50 PM, said:

24/7 doesn't mean unlimited.

Luke

I understand that, but I only needed the support to get the script running, because at that time they had no docs

#36 a340-pilot

a340-pilot

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:44 AM

Jordan, stop making lies. Your domain is in our system and always has been!

I'm just after checking through my lookup script and its there and active.

#37 v jetBlue CEO

v jetBlue CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

View Posta340-pilot, on Apr 14 2009, 05:44 AM, said:

Jordan, stop making lies. Your domain is in our system and always has been!

I'm just after checking through my lookup script and its there and active.

Thats not what you told me Adam, and you know that :hrmm:

#38 Boeing737NextGen

Boeing737NextGen

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

I'm all for VABase, and their system. I bought it, and had to wait 1 week for activation, but it was worth the wait. The only problem I have against it, is the dependancy on the VABase server - if their server goes down, so does all the VA systems (and I can't activate more than 1 domain). Other than that, I think it's a great system.

#39 nightfox

nightfox

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

Jordan, I have seen your lies before and i believe Adam more then i believe you. Paul not to be a nit pick but i don't like your web site, the background is too dark and the text doesn't stand out, also it is very hard to know what is a link and what isn't, because you haven't made it clear by a roll over effect or anything, your site does need some work. Back on topic, you would be just as well to get phpvms as it is free or create your own system.
Cheers
Dan C

#40 v jetBlue CEO

v jetBlue CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:18 PM

View Postnightfox, on Apr 14 2009, 01:10 PM, said:

Jordan, I have seen your lies before and i believe Adam more then i believe you. Paul not to be a nit pick but i don't like your web site, the background is too dark and the text doesn't stand out, also it is very hard to know what is a link and what isn't, because you haven't made it clear by a roll over effect or anything, your site does need some work. Back on topic, you would be just as well to get phpvms as it is free or create your own system.
Cheers
Dan C

erm.... ok?