10 replies to this topic

#1 joewsim

joewsim

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:15 PM

Cachya is a 6-DOF head tracking product that works with most regular web-cameras. Recently announce Version 2.1 is Windows Vista compatible and has Microsoft FSX native 6 Degrees Of Freedom support.

Newly introduced server-client architecture can help to eliminate heavy CPU load on the game machine. GUI interface is redesigned for easy software configuration. In addition to FSX, by simulating virtual joystick and mouse device, Cachya can work with many other 3D games that support mouse look or can use joystick axes (analog input) to control point of view. More details can be found by going to Cachya Website.

#2 bigflyersmallbyer

bigflyersmallbyer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:37 AM

Great stuff a less CPU load on programs like this is exactly what we need keep up the good work  :lol:

Edited by bigflyersmallbyer, 10 February 2008 - 06:37 AM.

#3 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

What kind of Webcam is necessary? I cant find Information on the website.

#4 bigflyersmallbyer

bigflyersmallbyer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:48 AM

^^any webcam

#5 BlueFightingCat

BlueFightingCat

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hi,

I haven't tried this but I use Free-Track. Its very similar to TrackIR but you have to build the thing yourself. I've tried it and tested and it is really great. And the best part is it cost me something like 10-20€. You need a webcam and the free software at Free-track.net

It takes a little work to build the system but its not too hard and once you have it setup its really great. It's definitely a lot cheaper thatn TrackIR (200€) and it's probably better than Cachya because Free-Track uses active InfraRed LEDs.

Go to the website and have a look.

BFC

#6 stag

stag

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

Hello,

What does "non-reflective white paper" mean ?

Great idea ! :lol:

#7 sonicwave

sonicwave

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:26 AM

View Post..., on Feb 15 2008, 11:07 AM, said:

Hello,

What does "non-reflective white paper" mean ?

Great idea ! :lol:

Paper that doesnt reflect :lol: lol, so basically 'non-shiny' if that makes any sense.

#8 stag

stag

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

Holy crap!

It works fine! Tried it on FsX, excellent.

Better than Freetrack i could even say!

Edited by ..., 16 February 2008 - 11:27 AM.

#9 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:39 PM

I bought it, and can't get it to work, I get a view of the ground nothing else, I've been tweaking it for hours, and when you try to watch a demo it locks the PC up, I'm mad and am going to smash the webcam and take a sharpie marker and make a bullseye on my screen in the middle of the Cachya program and put my fist through it.

#10 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:30 PM

It doesn't work worth a crap, I set it to one axis, it works, with about a 10 second lag, its trash, crap, and I wasted $50 to buiy a camera and hat.
They can shove this where the sun doesn't shine.

Don't waste your time, please.
I've been messing with this for 5 hours and I am no closer to success.

#11 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

After more than 10 hours and only 10 seconds at a time successfully having a multi-axis view in flight before the view going crazy on its own I have come to the realization that this program, although it holds promise with future development, is too early in its development for most FS'ers to enjoy.

In the future after bugs have been worked out it will be a fine program, but for now I'll stick with my hatswitch.

The free version works fine, it is fantastic in one axis settings, but once you register it and enable all axis there is no satisfaction to be found.
Try the free 1 axis version, but don't waste your money yet.

As upgrades become available and the program becomes reliable I'll post, but as for now, I highly recommend against installing the registered version, the $15.00 would have been better spent on a daily soda for the next 2 weeks.