2 replies to this topic

#1 American1044

American1044

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

every time i start afcad, it loads perfectly, but when i click the ''open airports'', my computer freezes up, forcing a restart. can someone help me? :lol:

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

View PostAmerican1044, on Apr 1 2008, 02:41 PM, said:

every time i start afcad, it loads perfectly, but when i click the ''open airports'', my computer freezes up, forcing a restart. can someone help me? :lol:
Question 1:  Are you using AFCAD v2.21?
Question 2:  Are you designing for FS9 or FSX?

Although it's almost 4 years old, AFCAD v2.21 is the current release; however, it is built for FS9.  (FS9-designed AFCADs can normally be successfully imported into FSX.)  The first time you use AFCAD there will be a delay while it runs through your entire FS9 directory structure looking for any and all airdromes available for FS9, both the default airports and any add-ons you may have downloaded and installed into FS9.  Depending on how many there are, and the last time you defrag'd your hard drive, this search can take several minutes.  AFCAD has also been known to "hang" if it encounters an airdrome that has design deficiencies that AFCAD cannot resolve.

If you are designing for FSX, AFCAD will not open/read the .bgl files for FSX airports; the architecture of those files are a bit different from the FS9 architecture.  Airport Facilitator X (aka AFX) by Konstantin Kukushkin (published by, and available from, Flight One Software) is designed to work with both FS9 and FSX airdrome files.  AFX v1.0.4 is current version.

The difference is that AFCAD is freeware, but AFX is payware.

#3 American1044

American1044

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

Yes I'm Using Both AFD 2.21 & FS9