FS Version: FSX
Duration of Flight: 42 minutes

Departure: PASC - Deadhorse : Deadhorse
Arrival: AK71 - Lonely Air Station : Lonely Air Station

Route:   V438 YIGUF POLI

Link to Flight Plan: Vataware

Time of Day: 9:30PM (still daylight)
Meteorological Conditions: IMC

Description:  Well, this kicked off the first leg of the "Around the Country" tour.  I figure we will can make around 30 legs per continent or what ever it takes to fully explore and area as we see fit.   This is a short hop - 42 minutes / 121 miles along the northern edge of Alaska.  I never realized how flat it was on the northern fringe.  Really not much out there and I kind of felt all alone!  Oh well, nobody said every leg of this journey was going to be action packed or ultra scenic.  I now know what norther Alaska looks like!

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bman.  Let the journey continue!

Edited by Bman., 31 May 2008 - 10:14 PM.

#2 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

Nice shots :lol: Boy those shots are too wide for my widescreen monitor!!--This Alaska series open for everyone?--I might add some--do the shots have to follow a series of legs?--or can you shoot anywhere in Alaska?--Thanks :lol:

#3 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

Ha - Yeah, I can't figure out what's optimal for the screenshots on posting.  I am running at 3840 wide (matrox) so if I drop down to a size that fits well horizontally, the height is really limited.  

Any rate - Of course you can add legs to this tour - it's open to everyone.  See the pinned topic about Around A Country.

You have me thinking now - instead of doing a relay, how about we make it so there are 30-40 legs per location.  For example, tonight I don't want to start from AK71 - I will start some other location.  The point being - if we can get at least 30 legs per location we will have a good idea of what the country looks like.

Bman.

#4 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:53 AM

Bman :lol: I have some shots of takeoff from NOME to Dutch harbor---lots of water in between-- not to scenic---I might change destination to farbanks or denali--I do not know--nice piant I added to king air so maybe national forest I have to look up where one is in Alaska----I will just post I guess--Thanks
Posted Image

#5 usnchris

usnchris

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:11 AM

Bman, how about making a new pinned thread now next to the planning thread documenting the entire journey? When someone had a new flight to add, they just take the format of a regular flight and post it in that thread. And we'll just continue adding and adding to that pinned thread until we finish our journey, and then decide on a new one.

Also, is it possible to have another pinned thread regarding times for multiplayer flying of these routes? It'd be alot easier.

EDIT: I'll try and do a flight today to add to this.

Edited by cfschris, 01 June 2008 - 09:11 AM.

#6 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

View Postcfschris, on Jun 1 2008, 10:11 AM, said:

Bman, how about making a new pinned thread now next to the planning thread documenting the entire journey? When someone had a new flight to add, they just take the format of a regular flight and post it in that thread. And we'll just continue adding and adding to that pinned thread until we finish our journey, and then decide on a new one.

Also, is it possible to have another pinned thread regarding times for multiplayer flying of these routes? It'd be alot easier.

EDIT: I'll try and do a flight today to add to this.

Hi--I do not understand what the pinned thread means?--maybe you could post a flight first and I could see what it is--Thanks

#7 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

Pinned simply means that it's pinned to the top of the threads ...  it would always be at the top of the list.
However, the only problem with a pinned topic is that each reply (if it were a hop on our exploration journey would be buried with a post).

Go ahead and do a hop - we will figure out where to group these flights soon.