- - - - -

King Air Concept Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 JohnKing

JohnKing

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:58 PM

I won't clog up the forum with another original string, so this shall be released here:

KING EXECUTIVE AIRWAYS: PRESS RELEASE
Scottsdale, Arizona – June 11, 2008

This afternoon investors and staff gathered at the Scottsdale AirCenter for a ribbon cutting on a new executive and on-demand charter air transportation provider. Airline executive officers Jonathan King and David Munoz cut the red ribbon on the new offices and waiting room area styled in the typical southwest style. Staff already includes a scheduler, accountant and three line service laborers.

King Executive Air also released a partial listing of possible destinations. Basing their current turboprop operations out of Scottsdale the airline will provide on-demand transportation for up to 15 passengers to Albuquerque, Avalon, Burbank, El Paso, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Nogales, Palm Springs, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Santa Fe, and Tucson. Mexican resort locations such as Ensenada, Guaymas and La Paz, and Nogales on the Arizona border will also be included. Expansions to destinations further out will be considered on an on-demand basis.

Several aircraft have already been acquired, two examples of the 15 seat Raytheon/Beech King Air 300 have been leased, and a single Pilatus PC-12 single engine turboprop seating 6 in club arrangements are line ready. Coming in the next week will be two recently refurbished Mitsubishi MU-2B-36J's, each seating 6 passengers. Helicopter service between Phoenix International and Scottsdale are also being suggested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Liveries shown are representative only and each pilot will be responsible for his or her own paint shceme.

A website is forth-coming, remaining details are being ironed out and expected launch window is approximately 60 days. Principal investors are being courted for hosting and web design, this will be an employee owned and operated venture with the airline executive officers making decisions based on pilot staff desires.

There won't be anything from me for the next four days; I have four consecutive 12 hour shifts coming and between work and an hour and a half drive each way into work and back home will leave little time for much more than sleeping and eating. That's not to say I won't be thinking about it, but I won't be "living" it as it were.

#22 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:46 AM

Hey Where'd you get the paint for the King Air?

I've been looking for one other than the one that came with the plane...

Oh BTW The PC12 and Kingair should do good together, not sure about the MU2 though..   But hey whatever it's a VA :lol:

#23 JohnKing

JohnKing

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

View PostNWilkinson, on Jun 12 2008, 05:46 AM, said:

Oh BTW The PC12 and Kingair should do good together, not sure about the MU2 though..   But hey whatever it's a VA :lol:

The King Air was an add-on from www.flightsim.com, the PC-12 was from the AFG site. The MOO was chosen because even though it is a much smaller aircraft you can pack it with a lot of weight. From what I hear they're a tough flyer and give pilots gray hair.

I'm off to be a voluntary slave, it's going to be 102 in Phoenix today, probably high 90's in the hanger. Tape don't stick too well in heat like that so I'm hoping to slide over to the PM or NOCS. See everyone on Monday.

#24 Trongod82

Trongod82

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

Looking good John, can't wait to see the finish project.  If you need any help, PM me.

#25 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:31 PM

View PostJohnKing, on Jun 12 2008, 09:35 AM, said:

View PostNWilkinson, on Jun 12 2008, 05:46 AM, said:

The King Air was an add-on from www.flightsim.com, the PC-12 was from the AFG site. The MOO was chosen because even though it is a much smaller aircraft you can pack it with a lot of weight. From what I hear they're a tough flyer and give pilots gray hair.

I'm off to be a voluntary slave, it's going to be 102 in Phoenix today, probably high 90's in the hanger. Tape don't stick too well in heat like that so I'm hoping to slide over to the PM or NOCS. See everyone on Monday.

Oh that's not Aeroworx B200?  I thought it was :lol:

I haven't been to FS.com in years...  but I like that paint job on their PC12..   I'll have to get that one.

MU2's serve better as cargo aircraft becuase of their payload..    but there are still a few pax versions flying around.

#26 pmckay

pmckay

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:30 PM

I like the AFG King Air, and have a couple of the schemes with the tan wings. I don't have the PC-12 yet but looks like I'll have to check it out. The bad thing about the MU-2 you've chosen is that it was done for FS2002. I think it's the latest but even then it's woefully outdated. I'm with Nick, keep the PC-12 and King Air but discard the Mu-2. I'm not even sure what to suggest as an alternative since my beloved Civil Aviation Directory finally bit the dust and got tossed. What about a Stationair? I'm not sure how a light piston GA would fit in but I'd suggest something like that instead of a helicopter.

#27 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:47 PM

Another alternative would be a King Air C90 with the Raisbeck mods...  but it hasn't been modeled yet

#28 pmckay

pmckay

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:18 AM

Another alternative I found (looking at Google Earth pics of the planes at the Scottsdale Air Center) is possibly a DHC 6-300. If you're trying to do a shuttle from PHX you would need something that is about the same capacity as the largest executive aircraft you use. It can also serve as a skydiving aircraft (try downloading a skydiver for FS, very interesting) and a great sightseeing aircraft for the Grand Canyon runs. It can also open up some shorter unimproved fields around the Phoenix area. It isn't fast but I think the utility value will out weight the performance gap. That's my 2 cents.

#29 JohnKing

JohnKing

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

I want to thank everyone who participates in this subject. I have reviewed the evolution of King Air and found it has gone completely in a direction I was never intending. As such I'm going to shelve it for now and help Peter in developing a project he is doing along the same lines. Again, thanks to everyone who tried to help.