5 replies to this topic

#1 skipper847

skipper847

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

I have just installed X plane 9 today and omg does it seem complicated to set the contolls up.  This Simulation looks abit complicated does Xplane 9 get eayier as time goes by?.  I carnt seem to get my Flight stick to work which is a x52pro.  Any one else finding Xplane 9 hard or is it just me lol.

#2 CaptainTim

CaptainTim

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

Amon your poor grammer :lol: i think I know whats wrong. Basically, if you want to assign controls to buttons, go to the controls menu and press the button on your joystick you want to do the job. Click the button and then select the function. Same with the axis. Find out which axis is which by moving them and then assign as what you want.

#3 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:54 PM

I dowmloaded the trial version (Huge download) messed with it for an hour and a half, then promptly deleted it, it sucks.

#4 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:42 AM

View Postcaaront, on Jun 20 2008, 11:54 PM, said:

I dowmloaded the trial version (Huge download) messed with it for an hour and a half, then promptly deleted it, it sucks.

Me too!  The control setup was particularly frustrating.

#5 skipper847

skipper847

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:48 AM

Ive put it on Ebay to sell at price ive payed for as seen as i only used it once.  It realy sucks.  Im sticking with FSX.  Although its on 6 DVD'd FSX is way better not just in graphics but everything.  I was willing to give Xplane9 ago and i have but im not going to buy any more versions after this dissapointment.  It does sound excellent when you read about it, but they put more effort in there right ups more then they did the game it self.  They seemed to be focusing on that it was on 6 DVD'd and over 60GB of scenery files. In the end i got 73.4GB of crap. lol

Edited by skipper847, 21 June 2008 - 07:48 AM.

#6 CaptainTim

CaptainTim

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

View Postskipper847, on Jun 21 2008, 01:48 PM, said:

Ive put it on Ebay to sell at price ive payed for as seen as i only used it once.  It realy sucks.  Im sticking with FSX.  Although its on 6 DVD'd FSX is way better not just in graphics but everything.  I was willing to give Xplane9 ago and i have but im not going to buy any more versions after this dissapointment.  It does sound excellent when you read about it, but they put more effort in there right ups more then they did the game it self.  They seemed to be focusing on that it was on 6 DVD'd and over 60GB of scenery files. In the end i got 73.4GB of crap. lol

You've obviously no interest in flying a simulator where graphics take a back seat to the actual physics itself to create probaly the most realistic experience bar a level-d Simulator. But I mean hey, I wonder how long until FS has cloud shadows and a standard flight management computer in their aircraft as well as several 3rd party ones with free AIRACS...

If you were to take 5 minutes (thats right only 5 minutes, probaly less once you know how to do it) to find out how to change the controls then you wouldn't have been so dissapointed. :lol:

Edited by lpf20011, 21 June 2008 - 11:38 AM.