- - - - -

RAMVA, the next generation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 RAMVA

RAMVA

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

We at Royal Air Maroc Virtual Airline are proud to be the first Morrocan Virtual Airline. Unlike most Virtual Airlines we are in this for the fun of it and we offer to our pilots all instruments that they need to enjoy their Virtual flights.
We use FISC, a new system totaly created by us to log and submit flights so as to give to our pilots their real value, visit our site and you will see the difference!

http://ramva.altervista.org

#2 RAMVA

RAMVA

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

FISC is a Log and submit system totally created by us, the client of FISC can be installed on the pilot's computer and should be run before starting a flight, during the flight the FISC Client stores all the flight data (Time, speed, altitude, fuel spent,..) at the end of the flight the pilot should save the flight data, the Client generates a file that should be uploaded to our server. The FISC page on our site let the pilots to upload their flight data files, when the file is saved on the server the system controls the file data and the page shows the flight informations and also show the how much the pilot earned and a Google Maps based map showing the route that the plaine took to the destination airport.

#3 WF10

WF10

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

You already have 100 pilots?  :lol:

#4 RAMVA

RAMVA

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:26 AM

RAM VA fleet :

-  Dornier 328-110
-  B737-200
-  B737-300
-  A320-200
-  B777
-  B747
-  A380-800

to use in 299 flights

View PostWF08, on Jun 24 2008, 09:23 AM, said:

Yes and we are expecting for much more pilots  :lol:

#5 Continental180

Continental180

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:23 AM

View PostRAMVA, on Jun 24 2008, 10:26 AM, said:

kind of hard to believe, but if you say so. i don't see no roster.

#6 Callum Riseley

Callum Riseley

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

I agree with the post above, the website isn't the best i've seen.

#7 RAMVA

RAMVA

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

View PostFlyBlue CEO, on Jun 24 2008, 10:23 AM, said:

View PostRAMVA, on Jun 24 2008, 10:26 AM, said:

kind of hard to believe, but if you say so. i don't see no roster.

you have to register if you want to see the roster  :hrmm:

View PostCallum Riseley, on Jun 24 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

I agree with the post above, the website isn't the best i've seen.

you should see the menu when you log in, the main features of our site are there.

#8 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

I doubt you have 100 pilots, I only have about 20+ and I have been in business for a while and I have a descent establishment.

#9 RAMVA

RAMVA

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Jun 24 2008, 10:50 AM, said:

I doubt you have 100 pilots, I only have about 20+ and I have been in business for a while and I have a descent establishment.

The counter in the index page includes also the inactive pilots, yes the actual active pilots are 11.

Edited by RAMVA, 24 June 2008 - 10:54 AM.

#10 Continental180

Continental180

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

View PostRAMVA, on Jun 24 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

you have to register if you want to see the roster  :lol:

im sorry, but that is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard! You have to login to see a roster? wow. im sorry, but that is ridiculous.

So if you want to join vatsim, they will have to register? they don't have time for that, and will simply just walk away.

i seriously think you need to sit down, rethink your va, and your website. and come back to us in about 2 months.

View PostRAMVA, on Jun 24 2008, 11:53 AM, said:

The counter in the index page includes also the inactive pilots, yes the actual active pilots are 11.

wow...

im not going to say anything.

11/100 active....wow.

#11 RAMVA

RAMVA

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:28 AM

View PostFlyBlue CEO, on Jun 24 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

View PostRAMVA, on Jun 24 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

you have to register if you want to see the roster  :lol:

im sorry, but that is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard! You have to login to see a roster? wow. im sorry, but that is ridiculous.

So if you want to join vatsim, they will have to register? they don't have time for that, and will simply just walk away.

i seriously think you need to sit down, rethink your va, and your website. and come back to us in about 2 months.

View PostRAMVA, on Jun 24 2008, 11:53 AM, said:

wow...

im not going to say anything.

11/100 active....wow.

just relax man!! i made that site alone and just for FUN, i don't ask money from users and it doesn't have to be perfect, i had an idea and i spent most of my time to make the site, the scripts, i made the system client and all the other things, i know that it is not perfect, but for me and my active pilots it is just fine like that, so just relax, if i should put the link to the roster in the index page i'll put it, it is not the end of the World!!!

#12 Continental180

Continental180

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

View PostRAMVA, on Jun 24 2008, 12:28 PM, said:

just relax man!! i made that site alone and just for FUN, i don't ask money from users and it doesn't have to be perfect, i had an idea and i spent most of my time to make the site, the scripts, i made the system client and all the other things, i know that it is not perfect, but for me and my active pilots it is just fine like that, so just relax, if i should put the link to the roster in the index page i'll put it, it is not the end of the World!!!

dude, i understand. I did everything myself. From site, routes, etc. I didn't ask for money either. So don't think i don't no, becuase i know.

Were just giving suggestions, its nothing to get worked up about. Its just the common person expects to see a roster on a virtual airline website.

Thats all..If you don't want my input, thats fine. I won't waste my time posting to help someone else out a bit.

#13 LukeK

LukeK

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

View PostFlyBlue CEO, on Jun 24 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

You have to login to see a roster? wow. im sorry, but that is ridiculous.

Yes, but not for the reason you think. It'll paradoxically increase registration counts as people who are merely curious ned to register, then never come back.

wow... im not going to say anything.11/100 active....wow.

We have 2,149 out of 9,145 pilots active. I think it's stupid to delete a pilot's entire history because they go inactive. We'll keep a light on by the back porch for pilots to come back one day. You'd be surprised at the number who return after five, six or even seven years.

Cheers!

Luke

#14 RAMVA

RAMVA

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

View PostFlyBlue CEO, on Jun 24 2008, 11:43 AM, said:

View PostRAMVA, on Jun 24 2008, 12:28 PM, said:

dude, i understand. I did everything myself. From site, routes, etc. I didn't ask for money either. So don't think i don't no, becuase i know.

Were just giving suggestions, its nothing to get worked up about. Its just the common person expects to see a roster on a virtual airline website.

Thats all..If you don't want my input, thats fine. I won't waste my time posting to help someone else out a bit.

No your suggestions are very wellcome, i just didn't like the way you said it that's all. I know that i'm not expert, i just made the best i can. The roster is now available in the index page, I whould like to thank you and feel free to make any other suggestion  :lol:

View PostLukeK, on Jun 24 2008, 11:48 AM, said:

View PostFlyBlue CEO, on Jun 24 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

You have to login to see a roster? wow. im sorry, but that is ridiculous.

Yes, but not for the reason you think. It'll paradoxically increase registration counts as people who are merely curious ned to register, then never come back.

wow... im not going to say anything.11/100 active....wow.

We have 2,149 out of 9,145 pilots active. I think it's stupid to delete a pilot's entire history because they go inactive. We'll keep a light on by the back porch for pilots to come back one day. You'd be surprised at the number who return after five, six or even seven years.

Cheers!

Luke

I completely agree with you! i think that it is not nice to delete a pilot's account just because in a couple of months/years he didn't fly with my VA!

Edited by RAMVA, 24 June 2008 - 12:00 PM.

#15 CaptainTim

CaptainTim

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

Dude,

Keep the roster the way it is so you have to login. The roster isn't of interest to anyone else except your flying pilots who can see who else they are flying with.

#16 RAMVA

RAMVA

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

View PostGlastonbury lpf, on Jun 24 2008, 12:35 PM, said:

Dude,

Keep the roster the way it is so you have to login. The roster isn't of interest to anyone else except your flying pilots who can see who else they are flying with.

I think i was right, thank you!

#17 Pilot899

Pilot899

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

12 pilots in 2 years... :lol:

#18 LukeK

LukeK

Private Pilot - VFR