Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

FS Version: FSX
Duration of Flight: Around 40 minutes

Departure: Sola, Norway [ENZV]
Arrival: Kjevik, Norway [ENCN]

Route: ZOL ZOL33 LAREM SVA ENCN

Time of Day Afternoon
Meteorological Conditions: VFR

Description: Hop 5. Nice flight, one of my first in the Piper Cheyenne X :lol: Weather was excellent! Didn't find out how to control my speed, but all in all the autopilot did a great job :lol: ILS approach to runway 22.

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Bman., 02 July 2008 - 01:23 PM.

#2 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

Love it.  The Cheyenne is killer (minus the ongoing CTD).   The GPS is the biggest issue but the AP + Nav works great.

Very scenic locations.  Good work.

PS - Add your exclamation point on the thread heading.  I think it's a good way to keep these grouped up.

Edited by Bman., 02 July 2008 - 12:03 PM.

#3 Delare

Delare

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Doh! Didn't know that :lol: You're a moderator, could you possibly change it for me? The edit time has gone out.

Edited by Bman., 02 July 2008 - 01:23 PM.

#4 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

Haha - yeah, it's no big deal.  I just saw that someone was doing that and thought it was a good idea so we can quickly see what hop we are one what what's going on.  

Edited - I was just giving you the chance.  I don't root through / edit posts unless requested or required.  

How are you liking the Cheyenne so far?  Nice bird eh?

#5 Delare

Delare

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

Yeah the Cheyenne is awesome! But if I load the Cheyenne first, I normally get some bugs, like systems not functioning correctly. I have to reselect the aircraft from the tab menu to load it again. I know some complex planes require you to load the default cessna before changing it to the complex one, is this the case for the Cheyenne?

Also how do you work out the speed? I was reducing the throttle all the way until I heard that warning sound, but the speed was still almost max. I didn't figure out where to input the speed for the IAS to hold it.

When using autopilot while climbing, do you use the trim to control your vertical speed? In most airliners I've flown with there's a own display where you change the vertical speed depending on how much you want the aircraft to climb or descend.

#6 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

:lol: Nice flight Delare--Stavenger--you hometown?---I am flying next out of there on the hops. That plane have British regestry?--Flew over the North Sea, I guess!

#7 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

Yes, Aerosoft highly recommends that you start with the default 2D cessna and then load up the Cheyenne.  A bit clunky but it beats things not working correctly.

Speed - read the manual it will tell you about it.  You can't throw the throttles full forward during takeoff etc.  If you redline them too far when you try to cut the throttle they will continue at really high RPM.  Try taking off with just the correctly amount of RPM and you will see that you can drop the RPM right down with no problem.

Regarding the autopilot - you have to use the trim taps on the AP screen.  If you hit your typical trim (like on a joystick) it will kick AP off thinking you are trying to override the system.  You set you VS from the AP window.  It works out well enough.

Bman.

#8 Delare

Delare

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

All right, thanks Bman. :lol: I've read the manual/booklet that followed with the boxed edition halfway now, gonna review the important parts :lol:

#9 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

Roger that!  It's too easy to get bogged down in all the details.  If you are flying solid ILS approached in the Cheyenne are are already ahead of the curve.

Bman.