#22 clinthawkins

clinthawkins

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

I've actually never had an actual horrid accident, except for two occurrences:

The first was when the ATC voice server went down. I was due for radar vectors out of KDEN and ended up nearly hitting a mountain.

The second was when I was landing in snow and heavy winds, one wheel touched off the runway. That didn't affect ATC though, as they weren't on.

#23 CaptainTim

CaptainTim

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

Theres a chap on at the moment who's had a flameout. Currently going into Zurich I believe. Callsign is EZY5437

Edited by Glastonbury lpf, 12 July 2008 - 10:41 AM.

#24 AirFranceSST

AirFranceSST

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

Does your FMC on your Sig only work when your online for BA?

#25 CaptainTim

CaptainTim

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:50 PM

View PostDVA5259, on Jul 12 2008, 06:45 PM, said:

Does your FMC on your Sig only work when your online for BA?

No. It will work wenever I am online however someone at BAV made it.

We do however have specific ones which show our hours and flights and how many miles we've flown but theyre most statistical than what I am flying online and are based on BAV data.

Edited by Glastonbury lpf, 12 July 2008 - 12:55 PM.

#26 AirFranceSST

AirFranceSST

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

View PostGlastonbury lpf, on Jul 12 2008, 10:41 AM, said:

Theres a chap on at the moment who's had a flameout. Currently going into Zurich I believe. Callsign is EZY5437

Did you see the accident to the very end?

#27 -Toshiba-

-Toshiba-

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

Last September, i was doing a long VATSIM Flight from JFK to CAI withe the 777, and i was crossing the ocean with 3 buddys a long side :hrmm:, we were lucky to have ATC monitor us:p. So we were just passing Iceland and i was in spot plane view viewing the other aircrafts below me. Then it was evening, and i heard on ATC in a loud horified voice 'Mayday!!! Mayday!!! Mayday!!! Air France 7183 has lost both engines', i was like holy crap that plane is right below me, so i looked down and saw black smoke coming out of the engines, and ATC replied 'Emergency Declared turn left heading 347 to land in Iceland' But then i looked down the plane IIRC was doing a nose dive spinning, then I heard 'Ahhhhhh!' on ATC and i looked down and saw the 767 Gone, i went to see Vatsim Radar and it was off radar, me and my other 2 buddies were like 'Whoa'. It was good entertainment, good thing it wasn't reality :hrmm:.

#28 bigflyersmallbyer

bigflyersmallbyer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

i was like holy crap that plane is right below me, so i looked down and saw black smoke coming out of the engines

How did you get that to happen? What model sets are you using.

#29 CaptainTim

CaptainTim

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

View PostDVA5259, on Jul 13 2008, 08:13 PM, said:

View PostGlastonbury lpf, on Jul 12 2008, 10:41 AM, said:

Did you see the accident to the very end?

Erm no I was cruising over Ireland at the time connected to Eurowest Control who covers FL240+ so as soon as the plane went below there he was on to unicom.

#30 AirFranceSST

AirFranceSST

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

View PostToshiba, on Jul 13 2008, 04:05 PM, said:

Last September, i was doing a long VATSIM Flight from JFK to CAI withe the 777, and i was crossing the ocean with 3 buddys a long side :hrmm:, we were lucky to have ATC monitor us:p. So we were just passing Iceland and i was in spot plane view viewing the other aircrafts below me. Then it was evening, and i heard on ATC in a loud horified voice 'Mayday!!! Mayday!!! Mayday!!! Air France 7183 has lost both engines', i was like holy crap that plane is right below me, so i looked down and saw black smoke coming out of the engines, and ATC replied 'Emergency Declared turn left heading 347 to land in Iceland' But then i looked down the plane IIRC was doing a nose dive spinning, then I heard 'Ahhhhhh!' on ATC and i looked down and saw the 767 Gone, i went to see Vatsim Radar and it was off radar, me and my other 2 buddies were like 'Whoa'. It was good entertainment, good thing it wasn't reality :hrmm:.

Wow seems intense!  :lol:

#31 Chief_Bean

Chief_Bean

Cruising at FL150

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

View PostDVA5259, on Jul 13 2008, 10:39 PM, said:

Wow seems intense!  :lol:
Probably because he just made it up?

#32 bigflyersmallbyer

bigflyersmallbyer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

View PostChief_Bean, on Jul 15 2008, 09:38 AM, said:

The cheeky ****. :hrmm:

Edited by bigflyersmallbyer, 15 July 2008 - 03:50 PM.

#33 JG1324

JG1324

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

View PostChief_Bean, on Jul 15 2008, 10:38 AM, said:

View PostDVA5259, on Jul 13 2008, 10:39 PM, said:

Last September, i was doing a long VATSIM Flight from JFK to CAI withe the 777, and i was crossing the ocean with 3 buddys a long side :lol:, we were lucky to have ATC monitor us:p. So we were just passing Iceland and i was in spot plane view viewing the other aircrafts below me. Then it was evening, and i heard on ATC in a loud horified voice 'Mayday!!! Mayday!!! Mayday!!! Air France 7183 has lost both engines', i was like holy crap that plane is right below me, so i looked down and saw black smoke coming out of the engines, and ATC replied 'Emergency Declared turn left heading 347 to land in Iceland' But then i looked down the plane IIRC was doing a nose dive spinning, then I heard 'Ahhhhhh!' on ATC and i looked down and saw the 767 Gone, i went to see Vatsim Radar and it was off radar, me and my other 2 buddies were like 'Whoa'. It was good entertainment, good thing it wasn't reality :lol:.

Wow seems intense!  :yes:
I'm sorry..but that had to be some of the biggest :hrmm: ever. :hrmm:

#34 SuperCar1000

SuperCar1000

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:01 AM

my now... departing from BOS. hdg to TNCM, I'll let FSPassenger describe...

The aircraft collided with another aircraft at 20h28 with a speed of 170 kt.
There were no known failures on this aircraft at the time of the accident.The cause of the crash remains unknown but the weather conditions were bad at the time of the crash. Probable causes to the accident are most likely human error in bad weather. No emergency was declared before the crash.

Casualties:
-302 passengers aboard
-184 killed
-115 injured
-Pilot and flight crew were killed

Overall Flight Result:   Crash

Pilot's Penalty points:   -850 points
Crash! The aircraft was destroyed in flight at an altitude of 2082ft due to extreme flight conditions. Many lives were lost - your fault. (-850)

your fault.......
your fault...
your fault....

I talked with the guy after the crash.....
He had a scenery with a hold-short 2000ft in the air, right on the approach line on the airport.

and I would add... My pilot is dead, I had 2000 hours of flight with him and now he's gone :hrmm:

View PostCortez, on Jul 9 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

Well the first time I flew with voice is when I had some trouble. I was flying for UVA, EMB-120 from LAX to PSP. Fun flight, flying the LAX5 I had some idea how to fly a SID, but I still messed up.
Keith Smith, great center controller at LAX guided me through and explained it to me. (I can tell he was a little frustrated, but I'm glad he had the patience and guided me through)
On approach, a different center controller came on. I've NEVER had an emergency on Vatsim except for this one time, and my right prop goes out. I told Center about my situation, and my intentions to give it a go around since I drifted off above the runway. He literally laughed at me, I didn't see what was so funny, infact got me a little mad. I got stable about 700ft AGL (creepy cause of the terrain at PSP) but I ended up landing safely as if there was a huge crosswind.

It was frustrating, but a good learning experience at the same time.

Swordfish, maybe that was me. :hrmm: No kidding, I was flying SFO-ORD(767 not 777) and on approach to ORD, this wise guy in a 172 flies right off my right wing (somehow going faster than a 767) I literally yell at the guy via text lol. But anyways, I yell at the guy via private text and he doesn't respond. So I finally land, and crashes right into me after I land on the runway...what an idiot I swear.

I flown over LAX and had some FMC problem... he is very easy on frustration

#35 AirFranceSST

AirFranceSST

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

View PostPSS 777 Capt., on Jul 17 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

and I would add... My pilot is dead, I had 2000 hours of flight with him and now he's gone :hrmm:

Sorry to hear that.  :hrmm:

#36 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

few months after getting into VATSIM, I was playing with the wilco CRJ and had some issues...ended up declaring an emergency then another pilot started ranting "this kid's been going all over the place and faking emergencies blah blah blah" controller didn't pay attention but I thought it was funny cause this was my only time ever doing this

#37 silverback

silverback

Private Pilot - VFR

• First Class Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

View PostPSS 777 Capt., on Jul 16 2008, 11:01 PM, said:

... My pilot is dead, I had 2000 hours of flight with him and now he's gone :hrmm: ...
2,000 hours!  :hrmm:

Well, at least you were able to walk away from it.

And you're still here so you got the spirit.

#38 SuperCar1000

SuperCar1000

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

View Postrocketeer, on Jul 17 2008, 01:36 PM, said:

View PostPSS 777 Capt., on Jul 16 2008, 11:01 PM, said:

... My pilot is dead, I had 2000 hours of flight with him and now he's gone :lol: ...
2,000 hours!  :hrmm:

Well, at least you were able to walk away from it.

And you're still here so you got the spirit.

Imagin the frustration :hrmm: I use FSPax since 2 years with the same pilot never had accidents