3 replies to this topic

#1 neel_the_one

neel_the_one

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:31 AM

I registered with VATSIM and then downloaded the Squawkbox. However, when i try and install it...it says that flight simulator cannot be detected on the system and it doesnt give me an option to browse for the folder and select it. So therefore i cannot continue with the installation. Is there a way around this? And also what happens if i install it in another directory and then copy and paste it to the relavant FS9 folder?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks

#2 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

View Postneel_the_one, on Jul 15 2008, 09:31 AM, said:

I registered with VATSIM and then downloaded the Squawkbox. However, when i try and install it...it says that flight simulator cannot be detected on the system and it doesnt give me an option to browse for the folder and select it. So therefore i cannot continue with the installation. Is there a way around this? And also what happens if i install it in another directory and then copy and paste it to the relavant FS9 folder?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks

Installing it into another directory works, and then copying to the Fs9 folder. My Cherokee that I bought from Carenado wouldn't show after installation, (and turns out none of the folders where in the Fs9 directory...), so I installed it elsewhere and simply moved the folders. But, I belive there is a freeware tool the finds the Fs9 directory, not sure on that one.

Hope that helps. :hrmm:

#3 Mr Smooth.

Mr Smooth.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

You don't install it into the FS folder. Squawkbox is a stand-alone program, it goes into the Program Files folder, which it should install then all the aircraft you see in mutiplayer go into the FS Aircraft Directory.
Ash.:hrmm:

#4 neel_the_one

neel_the_one

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

I did install the Sqawkbox in another location (C:Program Files). Im getting some problem regarding the modules....i read the startup guide and it said that i should load up FS when not on a runway or taxiway and then load up the squawkbox module. However, there is no module on my FS9 so im stuck again :S