* * * * * 2 votes

An act of solidarity

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
130 replies to this topic

#21 Jacob-UVA-CEO

Jacob-UVA-CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

Yeah,

I saw on the Mods list 6 Mods and only Mul. Is active. I think we out to somehow put a stop to this. Even if what Kevin said IP banning and warnings. Although those Warnings don't help some people. Once they get Warning for 3 days. They go to another forum for that time.

Cheers!
JAcob

#22 pmckay

pmckay

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:57 PM

View PostLezam, on Jul 30 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

Whats funny is, some of the "trouble makers" have already made posts agreeing with you, in this thread. So, theres gotta be another way to do this.

This hits the nail on the head. I've been very careful not to drop names in public, although I personally have made my displeasure known to the mods on who I feel should be gone. I stated before that those causing the problems either don't know they are or don't feel they are, in both cases it doesn't change the impact. Sarah took Air Fresno off this site because of the continued derogatory use of certain words and the inability of the users to recognize it was wrong, and the wholly unapologetic responses to objections being made about it. This last instance wasn't the first time, I do hope it was the last but with that user still here I can't see it not happening again. I've become less active in the forum because I just don't like what I see and don't see much point in providing a positive repsonse to something I like when those with no manners will post they don't like anything no matter how much potential it has. This forum has a long way to go, and from what I continue to see it hasn't taken even the first step to getting better.

#23 - M.Parker -

- M.Parker -

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

Yeah maybe. But if they don't have VA experience then they will probably be new. And that is the last thing we need: the forum being moderated by new people with no experience. I think that everyone who wants to do something should step up and join together. Then start talking to Mul and see what we can do. Maybe we could all be moderators, to a certain degree. Like we can remove a post and then Mul can look at it and leave it off or put it back on if it didn't need to be removed...

#24 Kreu

Kreu

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

Aye, you all got a point. On the one hand, we must not hammer down the inexperienced and maybe naive flight simmer, however, we must punish the mischevious for their trespasses

#25 monkeypaw201

monkeypaw201

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

View PostDHLVAC CEO, on Jul 30 2008, 01:58 PM, said:

Yeah maybe. But if they don't have VA experience then they will probably be new. And that is the last thing we need: the forum being moderated by new people with no experience. I think that everyone who wants to do something should step up and join together. Then start talking to Mul and see what we can do. Maybe we could all be moderators, to a certain degree. Like we can remove a post and then Mul can look at it and leave it off or put it back on if it didn't need to be removed...

Like I mentioned that may cause issues with Biased moderators or even abuse...

On the other hand.. I like the idea of coming up with ideas  :hrmm:  and presenting them with Mul.

#26 Jacob-UVA-CEO

Jacob-UVA-CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:01 PM

All of this stuff is great but that won't help and I doubt any of the Mods/Admins will want to hassle in doing that for only 1 forum. Because its mostly the VA Forum. I have posted and responded in many other parts of the forum. The Screen shot's one and Aviation one and a few others and nobody ever gets out of hand and stuff. Maybe we should take an example from they. Hey what do you know we can learn something or even the new members.

#27 - M.Parker -

- M.Parker -

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

The problem is nobody cares. Its a good idea Jacob, but not enough people here care to do that. Thats why we need only the ones who care to group up and talk to Mul. This forum is completely out of control. We may even need to implement an age restriction to the VA forum. Because if your younger than 13, you don't need your own VA anyway. All the people causing this are kids who read about virtual airlines and think they can start one with a freewebs site and a hotmail account.

#28 monkeypaw201

monkeypaw201

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

View PostDHLVAC CEO, on Jul 30 2008, 02:04 PM, said:

The problem is nobody cares. Its a good idea Jacob, but not enough people here care to do that. Thats why we need only the ones who care to group up and talk to Mul. This forum is completely out of control. We may even need to implement an age restriction to the VA forum. Because if your younger than 13, you don't need your own VA anyway. All the people causing this are kids who read about virtual airlines and think they can start one with a freewebs site and a hotmail account.

Well, the problem is even if you implement an age limit is that people can lie about it..

I would suggest setting requirements or applying to have post access in this forum (if possible) and work from there..

#29 Kreu

Kreu

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

Guys, I think we're getting a bit hot headed. Ok, take a minute's break... maybe have a beer or something.

Now, let's set things down as they are: We are sick and tired of the babyish behaviour on display by members up to no good. We want it controlled with damages to be paid by the offender. However, we must take care not to overdo things. We must guide (not hammer) the newbie. Yet we have to take care not to destroy a possibly innocent trespasser.

But then, to the bluntly guilty, let loose the dogs of war...

#30 - M.Parker -

- M.Parker -

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

Yeah! Like for your VA to be a VATSIM partner you have to meet requirements. We could have requirements like that and Mul could make the VA forum password protected. Only people with "real" VA's could get in. That might work.

Great post Kreu! You should quote that to Mul. Maybe something will be done.

Edited by DHLVAC CEO, 30 July 2008 - 04:12 PM.

#31 Kreu

Kreu

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

View Postmonkeypaw201, on Jul 30 2008, 11:08 PM, said:

View PostDHLVAC CEO, on Jul 30 2008, 02:04 PM, said:

Well, the problem is even if you implement an age limit is that people can lie about it..

I would suggest setting requirements or applying to have post access in this forum (if possible) and work from there..

I suggest caution...

#32 monkeypaw201

monkeypaw201

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

View PostDHLVAC CEO, on Jul 30 2008, 02:10 PM, said:

Yeah! Like for your VA to be a VATSIM partner you have to meet requirements. We could have requirements like that and Mul could make the VA forum password protected. Only people with "real" VA's could get in. That might work.

You can't make it too strict or the new airlines couldn't get in... I would suggest a posting requirement/filter where maybe you need to have an established domain name and have been a member for x weeks and x POSTS before you can start a new thread..

#33 - M.Parker -

- M.Parker -

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

Ohh! Thats a great idea monkeypaw! That would work best out of everything so far.

#34 Kreu

Kreu

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

View PostDHLVAC CEO, on Jul 30 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

Problem is, I'm not sure that this is 100% concrete. I mean, I'm not fully confident that it will get through. Something is missing that should give the whole issue an overkill weight

#35 Continental180

Continental180

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:15 PM

View PostLezam, on Jul 30 2008, 04:42 PM, said:

I agree with your message, but I don't think you phrased it right.

Whats funny is, some of the "trouble makers" have already made posts agreeing with you, in this thread. So, theres gotta be another way to do this.

Its so true. I can see like at least 2 people in here who cause a lot of problems around here, not going to point names though. something needs to be done here.

View PostDHLVAC CEO, on Jul 30 2008, 05:12 PM, said:

I agree with you 110%. There should be rules. Like example, your va must be in existance for over 15 days...(i no that doesnt sound like a lot but it will turn away at least 2-3 vas a week from posting here. most vas around here last for around 3 days.)

#36 - M.Parker -

- M.Parker -

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

View Postmonkeypaw201, on Jul 30 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

View PostDHLVAC CEO, on Jul 30 2008, 02:10 PM, said:

You can't make it too strict or the new airlines couldn't get in... I would suggest a posting requirement/filter where maybe you need to have an established domain name and have been a member for x weeks and x POSTS before you can start a new thread..

I really like this.

Yeah. Must be in existence like 1 month, have a real domain, and have at least started on a website and staff. Maybe that would work. Still too strict?

#37 monkeypaw201

monkeypaw201

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

Well, a month would work.. you may want to allow them 1 thread their first month so they can post a start-up thread... the rest looks good though

#38 Kreu

Kreu

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:20 PM

But then there's a new question: what about va's who are yet to open. I mean, FSW presents a good asset for recruiting an so on. Implementing those restrictions would block off any FSW oriented newborn VA's...

#39 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:21 PM

I love how some of the kids that are the problem "thanked" people on here talking about people like them, and even had the audacity to make a comment. Well if everyone is commenting on this topic then where are these "children". I think we need to make a list!

#40 monkeypaw201

monkeypaw201

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:22 PM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Jul 30 2008, 02:21 PM, said:

I love how some of the kids that are the problem "thanked" people on here talking about people like them, and even had the audacity to make a comment. Well if everyone is commenting on this topic then where are these "children". I think we need to make a list!

I'm not sure if its such a good idea to post a public list.. it'll turn this thread into a battle field

Edited by monkeypaw201, 30 July 2008 - 04:22 PM.