6 replies to this topic

#1 virtuali

virtuali

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

FSDreamTeam is pleased to announce a new groundbreaking release for MS Flight Simulator: New York J.F.Kennedy International airport. Available for FSX and FS9, with a license valid for use in both simulators. This scenery has been created with great care to be the right compromise between performances and detail, in one of the most densest areas in Flight Simulator.

The FSX version marks the beginning of an novel concept in scenery programming: JFK use a powerful scripting engine based on the Python programming language, that allows unlimited flexibility to create animations, custom events and user interaction. Gone forever is the supposed limited flexibility in FSX scenery programming. What can be seen in JFK is just a glimpse into the future. This is the first scenery that starts to use the FSX potential that was still untapped, until today.

The scenery is available in Trial version, and can be freely downloaded from FsDreamTeam website here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com

#2 forshaw

forshaw

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

For folks who are interested in purchasing this great add-on for FSX, be aware that you need SP2.

The quote from the company “Yes, you need SP2, as stated on the web site. The sceneries will just not display on SP1 or less"

Regards.
awc.

#3 The_Great_North

The_Great_North

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

Take a look at these pics-showcasing the FS9 version.

http://www.flightsim...howtopic=154675

#4 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:29 PM

Great looking realistic add-on airports are one of the things that make flight simming so much fun.  
After owning several, you can't be satisfied with default destinations anymore.  
This new KJFK quickly has become one of my favorites and I have many (all the good ones I can find).
Like all of FSDreamTeam's airports, there is no detail left out.

#5 Monte

Monte

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:23 AM

Looks like a really great product!

Monte

#6 ADVfor3

ADVfor3

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

What kind of FPS do you generaly get with it, anyone know?

#7 forshaw

forshaw

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:21 AM

I am sure with that type of details and realistic photos it will require a really high end gaming rig. I do have an airport add-on for La Guardia (NYC) which is not as detail as the JFK and it is tough on Frame Rate. The fact that they didn't mention that it is Frame Rate friendly, then I am sure it isn't since companies like to brag about FPS friendly if their product is.

Since I reside in NYC and most of my flights either originate or end in NY I will definitely get it. What's keeping me is that face that I am skeptical about upgrading SP2 and the product requires SP2 to run.

Best Regards.
awc.