3 replies to this topic

#1 Monte

Monte

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:21 AM

Many "airlines" and their related sites often display screen shots of their fleet in flight or on the ground. The problem is each photo has to be loaded individually and opens in a new window, with Lightbox the coding allows overlaying the image over the current page.

All that is required is a few files and three lines of code within the tag on the page where the photos are; Lightbox 2 uses the Prototype Framework and Scriptaculous Effects Library.

You can set either an individual image to overlay or a multitude (image set) that will simply have a next button which will allow to move from one to the next.

In overview Lightbox is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on the current page. It's a snap to setup and works on all modern browsers.

Visit the website and download all the requirement, it's simple to set up and you don't need to be experienced in HTML, Java or CSS to ensure this works.

Monte

#2 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:19 AM

Looks good Monte, thanks for this!

#3 Toyuko

Toyuko

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

Thanks!

#4 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

I've looked into using this - I could set it up, but I have neither the time or the inclination :hrmm: